• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When news reached Paris that FOUR most advanced Krakow warships - ORP Wicher, ORP Burza, ORP Grom and ORP Blyskawica - had been commisioned, France folded. On Christmas Eve 1846, peace offer was sent to Krakow.

frapeacebl2.jpg

King of Krakow did not want to take advantage of military victory over France. Instead, he suggested a white peace. To his surprise, France's response was:

rejectje9.jpg

I also notice the appearence of more Polish provinces in pink behind that screenshot :) At least the French are beaten back.

Did you take algeria too? Some provinces offered were algerian.

No. I was trying to send cavalries across Sahara. But high attrition put me off. Amphi Algeria under the nose of French Navy would be suicidal. For some reason France always offers Algerian coastal provinces in their proposal even if they are not in enemy hands.

Krakow found it very difficult to understand why the French was so stubburn. White peace proposal was sent to Paris again and again but always got rejected. Negotiation with the Russian was going on very well at meantime. Poland Corridor had been established, allowing Krakow troops to arrive in the capital for the first time.

Situation in Europe was developing very quickly. On 13 Jan 1847, hostility between Denmark and Prussia escalsted. Enemy's enemy is Krakow's friend. Krakow decided to backup Denmark.

denmarkdw2.jpg

One week later...

30723364ii0.jpg

You are going to fight Prussia and Austria? I very much doubt that, but then again you have beaten the united states. We shall see, but you could gain a lot from a war with these two central european giants. Why don't you accept the French spam and then you can use those provinces to trade off to Britain and Russia ect.?

You are going to fight Prussia and Austria? I very much doubt that, but then again you have beaten the united states. We shall see, but you could gain a lot from a war with these two central european giants. Why don't you accept the French spam and then you can use those provinces to trade off to Britain and Russia ect.?

I was determined to fight the Prussian but not really keen on Austria. For geopolitic reason, I always believed that Prussia would be more likely to declare war on Denmark, but Austria more likely not. When both of them declared war on Denmark, I checked event file, which says both of them have 55% chance to declare war. So, my geopolitic thought did not hold true. Still, statistically there is only 30% chance Denmark got DoW on both. Denmark got a low probabilty event of Swedish support. They also got low probability event of getting DoWed by both.

On the bright side, Denmark was significantly beefed up by Sweden's unexpected support. Sweden also joined the war although they don't really have many servicemen. At least both Prussia and Austria declared war at the same time, I know I would be fighting both at the same time. It would be a disaster when all my troops were deep in Prussian territory, then Austria all of a sudden declared war on Denmark.

I don't want French colonies because it will increase my BB. Russia and UK are big fans of BB wars. Unfortunately I am neighbouring both of them. High BB will also hinder trading with Russia and UK.

By the way, robou, would you mind changing the status of this AAR in the librAARy to something other than "Abandoned"? Thanks!

By the way, robou, would you mind changing the status of this AAR in the librAARy to something other than "Abandoned"? Thanks!

Will do!

Although both Prussia and Austria declared war on Denmark came as a surprise to Krakow, there was little debate whether Krakow should honour her guarantee to Denmark and declare war on both Prussia and Austria. Intellegence shows both Prussia and Austria had about a dozen of divisions at the time. Krakow alone had 24 fully brigaded divisions in Europe with another 6 divisions on their way from Africa. Denmark, helped by Sweden's support, had 7 combat-ready divisions. Krakow's coalition in total had 40 divisions excluding USA which was not called in, whereas Prussia/Austria/Hannover in total had 24. No overwhelming numerical supremacy but the odds were on Krakow's side.

armylo3.jpg

Both Denmark and Sweden had respectable navies. Prussia's Baltic coast was completely blocked. Krakow's navy, although not as strong, was enough to deal with Austrian Navy and to support a landing on Austria's southern coast. Thanks to Krakow's Russian friends, muzzle load rifle strategic mobility were transfered to Krakow just in time for the conflict. Fire power of Krakow's troops was effectively doubled at a managable cost.

Danish Army was greatly inspired by the support from Sweden and Krakow. With the support of their navy, they managed to launch an amphi attack on Stralsund. Holstein Army was marching towards undefended Meckleburg capital. Swedish Divisions were being loaded on their transports. We may expect them at any time landing on Prussian Baltic coast.

stralsundnc6.jpg

Seeing active and productive advance of her allies, Krakow was very happy. War plan had been drawn as follows:

1) 1st Army Corp consisting 6 infantry divisions will be defending all-important Polish Corridor area. 3 Prussian divisions had been seen deployed nearby, some of them had already crossed the border. It is expected to lose control of some provinces at certain times but maximum casualty should be inflincted on invaders.

2) 2nd/3rd/4th Army Corps consisting 6 infantry and 12 cavalry divisions are to throw all their might on Austria. Bohemia/Slovakia/Galizien will be their respective main operating areas but can be flexible based on situation. Primary mission objective is to encircle and annihilate Austria divisions before they can retreat and join the rest of Austrian divisions who are currently in Venizia and Lombadia surpressing rebellions.

3) 5th Army consisting 6 infantry divisions is to land in Venizia area. Primary objective is to distract Austian divisions in the south to reinforce the north. It should also force Austrian Navy to leave their base. Krakow Navy should send all Austrian navy to the botton of Adrean Sea.

Leaving Prussia largely to her allies, Krakow's strategic target was to knock Austria out of the war as quickly as possible meanwhile destroy Prussia's will to fight by maximising their casualty. Knowing they were facing biggest ever danger, particularly after being humiliated by their neighbour and losing Stralsund, Prussia and Hannover called upon their reserves.

mobkb6.jpg

Krakow so far still failed to convince France to accept a white peace. Bad news came as 5th Army's transport vessels were intercepted by French Navy in the Mediterranean. Krakow's navy was proven not strong enough to defend the transports when the French was sending all their warships onto them. At gunpoint, Krakow had to accept a peace which transfers all French oversea colonies except some Algerian hinterland provinces to Krakow.

12022654zy6.jpg

No matter how unwilling Krakow was, taking over of French colonies was seen as an aggresive action by Krakow. Some nations began to see Krakow as an aggressor.

12083047jy9.jpg

Last edited:
A good plan, but god knows how many reserves Prussia has. You must be careful with that, or you might get a nasty sting! Watch out for Prussians... I know what they can do :)

@ Edzako

As I said, I was not prepared to DOW Austria. My 30 divisions should be able to beat Prussia if I am not flanked. Austria's DOW forced me to change my plan. We shall see what is going to happen.

@ Ahura Mazda

How would you see a country who declared war on the Great Powers of Prussia/Austria/France/USA, made France to cede colonies, made USA her puppet, and controls colonies or colonial buildings from Canada to South Africa, from Chukotka to Alaska?:rolleyes:

@ robou

I was thinking about how many reserve divisions Prussia may have. Prussia's military score dropped 14 points after their mobilisation. That indicates Prussia may have mobilised 17-18 divisions. The bad news is that not until Prussia stationed next to my border, I noticed that they are Jominians!:(

Intelligence indicates that Prussia may have mobolised 17-18 divisions to counter Krakow's offensive. When all these divisions are projected on battlefield, Prussia and Austria will have numerical advantage over Krakow.

27f0b1833e.jpg

Krakow has only 4 divisions in mobilisation pool as a result of limited national states so far granted in spite of vast area under control. Whether or not mobilisation pool should be expanded and called upon were debated hotly.

So far, things have been going pretty well. An Austrian division advanced into Spiff and another even reached outskirt of the capital of Krakow. They did not notice that Kattowitz/Zator/Przemysl have been taken by Krakow. When Tarnow and Lviv fall in a few days, they will be completely trapped and doomed.

In the north, 4 Prussian divisions entered into Krakow territory. 1st Army Corps was ordered to ignore enemy advance but dash all the way into East Prussia so as cut off the invaders from their retreat route. It seems that soon four Austrian/Prussian divisions will be wiped out, tipping the balance further to Krakow's side, leaving little need to mobilise reserves.

However, just before envelops are closed. A shocking news from Krakow's intelligence officer sent to Denmark: After taking Stralsund, Denmark moved all their divisions to join Holstein in taking Meckleburg's capital, leaving Stralburg undefended to 3 neighbouring Prussian divisions! If Stralsund fell, the gate to København would be open. A reserve cavalry division are moving towards Denmark's capital but would surely not able to repel Prussian offensive. The war could be finished in a month, not in favour of Krakow and her allies!

08fbc747d3.jpg

Emergency meeting was called and decision made:

1) Expand and call reserves immidiately.

2) 5th Army Corps will be landed in Trestie so as to arrive in Wien as quickly as possible.

3) Austrian Navy will be left unchallenged unless they dare to interrupt Krakow's landing.

4) Navy transports will be sent to pickup reserve divisions as soon as landing in Trestie is over. A small fleet goes directly to Latvia in case Denmark needs immidiate support from 1st Army Corps currently in East Prussia.

5) Sending orders of small arms and canned food on world market. Stop Prussia from getting further supply so as to prevent them from sending even more conscripts.

On 15 March 1847, all retreat paths for the lone Austrian division in Spiff had been cut off. General Rytwianski leading six Tamil Tigers divisions began to engage the Austrians led by General Payer. The battle turned out to be a slaughter. General Payer paid the ultimate price. He was killed in the battle in day one. General Gredler replaced General Payer but could not turn the tide. In a week's time, Austria's 6. Infanteriedivision no longer existed. Ten thousand finest Austrian soldiers were killed or went missing. Krakow lost 480 lives.

93613279ik2.jpg

Shortly before the battle of Spiff was over, another Austrian division who dared to rush deep into Krakow capital was encircled by Krakow cavaltries led by General Pilecki. Relentless cavalry charges were proven too much to the Austrians. Before half of their men died, the Austrians broke. Another ten thousand Austrian soldiers were wiped out at the cost of 490 Krakow casualties. So far, Krakow vs Austria 20:1!

65503314ci3.jpg

Impresive victories, but the Prussians are doubtless going to be causing a lot of problems. You must work quickly to ensure you don't get 18 Prussian divisions roaming the land!

Impresive victories, but the Prussians are doubtless going to be causing a lot of problems. You must work quickly to ensure you don't get 18 Prussian divisions roaming the land!

I am sure they are. Prussia mobilised on 15 Feb. They need 3 full months to assemble their reserves. Therefore I should not have any major challenges from the Prussians before June. I still have 2 months in my hand to tame the Austrians, telling them that princesses and weddings are far from enough for them to establish and keep Austria as a major power. But if they can agree to wed a beautiful princess to Krakow, emm, peace is negotiable:eek:o.

After a successful landing at Trieste, total Krakow divisions fighting the Austrians reached 24, outnumbering Austria by more than 2:1. However, the pressure from Prussia was mounting. When the battle of Spiff was finished, General Rytwianski was ordered to leave one division to garrison Spiff but to lead the rest 5 divisions to reinforce 1st Army Corps in the north.

In fact, Gerenal Rytwianski rushed to 1st Army Corps directly by himself as soon as he heard that a new type of army was spot in the north. Recon units reported that the Prussians seemed to extremely good at digging-in quickly and effectively. They also seemed to have more soldiers than standard divisions, nonetheless, very well organised and disciplined. "Engineers!" General Rytwianski realised. General Rytwianski wished Krakow could have the same type of unit as he understood it a very good addition on a standard division. He once reported Ministry of Defence but was told it unlikely to happen until the 1850s. It looked like the Prussian had breakthrough in their army technology and managed to field such division in combat. Nevertheless, however strong the enemy was, they must be defeated if they dared to challenge Krakow. At a loss of 900 Krakow soldiers, Prussian invaders were decimated!

45462183xg8.jpg