• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A thing occured to me. Dont know if it has been asked already, if it has, cant find it :(, but here we go:

Why does one in Europe have to pay more than one in the US? The game costs as much € as $, but one € is worth more than one $, no?

Osteles said:
A thing occured to me. Dont know if it has been asked already, if it has, cant find it :(, but here we go:

Why does one in Europe have to pay more than one in the US? The game costs as much € as $, but one € is worth more than one $, no?

Right, but as the pre order is sended to Europe, i think they are charging you the euro price and not the dollar, if you wait till the game is aviable in the us, i am sure it will cost 29.99 ass allready sayed. Any way i think thats the inconvenient. ;)

Street date for Hearts of Iron Anthology confirmed
New York, USA (August 20, 2007) – Paradox Interactive confirmed today the street date of their next worldwide strategy release – Hearts of Iron Anthology.

Already a classic in the grand strategy genre, this complete collection will include the booster pack Armageddon, new to retail, Hearts of Iron, Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday. The life-size second rank Paradox medal as well as a large strategy map spanning the entire world will bring hobby armchair generals into the right mind set as they strategies in what has been called "the most realistic WWII grand strategy game out there".

Hearts of Iron Anthology is releasing in Europe on August 31, 2007 and will be shipping to stores in North America on September 3, 2007. The collection will retail for $29.99/€29.99 and is rated 3+ by PEGI, Everyone by ESRB and 12 by USK.

About the Hearts of Iron series
The Hearts of Iron series has won numerous Editor Choice Awards across the globe and has become one of the strongest brands in the Grand Strategy genre. Strategy gamers everywhere have been swept away by the depth and scope of the gameplay depicting WWII and WWIII.

Key features:
• Command any frontline during World War II as one of more than 175 playable countries.
• Four major campaigns let you play through the full course of the war, plus 15 battle scenarios including D-Day, Operation Barbarossa and The Ardennes Offensive.
• A vast and innovative technology tree that includes more than 350 different technologies to research.
• More than 12,500 historical military and political leaders, each brought to life with authentic portraits and schemes to further their own agendas.
• Several "What if" scenarios taking WWII into WWIII.
linky

So August 31st for Europe and September 3rd for North America.

Oberkommando said:
Right, but as the pre order is sended to Europe, i think they are charging you the euro price and not the dollar, if you wait till the game is aviable in the us, i am sure it will cost 29.99 ass allready sayed. Any way i think thats the inconvenient. ;)

So if a USA'er preorders, he pais 29.99€, and if he waits he pais considerably less?? Nifty :D

Is there a special reason orso that the price is the same in € as in $? Some kind of taxes one has to pay in Europe and not in the US?

Osteles said:
So if a USA'er preorders, he pais 29.99€, and if he waits he pais considerably less?? Nifty :D

Is there a special reason orso that the price is the same in € as in $? Some kind of taxes one has to pay in Europe and not in the US?

The prices are 29.99 in dollars as in euros considering that the game is aviable in the USA and the europe, not the pre order (in this case if you living in USA pre order the game the will ship to you charging the euros and the you will have to make the change from euro to dollars), in this case you will be paying more money.

Hi there again.

I want to know when the pre order of the game is going to get shiped to us all.
If i am livinG in mexico "for now" (i am from ARGENTINA). Knowing the game release is the 27th of this month?, the same day, the next day? or pherhaps when is aviable in Europe stors?

Thanks again.

Oberkommando said:
The prices are 29.99 in dollars as in euros considering that the game is aviable in the USA and the europe, not the pre order (in this case if you living in USA pre order the game the will ship to you charging the euros and the you will have to make the change from euro to dollars), in this case you will be paying more money.

Aaah
That explains it.

You can pre order it from Gamestop.com for $29.99 Dollars if you live in the U.S. You don't have to pay that inflated Euro amount which would be around $41.30 in U.S. Dollars.

flybyu said:
You can pre order it from Gamestop.com for $29.99 Dollars if you live in the U.S. You don't have to pay that inflated Euro amount which would be around $41.30 in U.S. Dollars.

True, but.

If the preorder was made from paradox web, the game should be shiped to, as for the europe date release?, or i will have to wait till the game is aviable in north america?, considering i am living in mexico.

Thanks.

Oberkommando said:
True, but.

If the preorder was made from paradox web, the game should be shiped to, as for the europe date release?, or i will have to wait till the game is aviable in north america?, considering i am living in mexico.

Thanks.

all orders from the paradox webshop should be shipped on the first date available I would think:)

According to GameStop, it is still "pre-release", with a release date of 9/11/07. But some people have theirs already?? Wha? :confused: