• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has it been released in the USA yet? Gamestop has pushed their ship date back at least 3 times now. They originally said the 6th, then the 9th, then the 11th, now saying the 13th. I generally avoid Gamestop for reasons too numerous to list, but that is the only place that seems to know of HoI Anthology's existence. I've checked Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, and Fry's with no luck. Is it out yet in the USA and is there anywhere other than Gamestop where I can buy it?

Been checking the stores as well for the new anthology set.Have the games already but want Armageddon and the other titles as back up copies.
Gamestop (US) stores here in Rhode Island dont even have it listed which is odd as they have copies of Doomsday and EU3.Most of the major stores here in NewEngland carry Paradox titles.Hope that there is still a planed release of Hearts of Iron Anthology to US stores.Anyone know of which stores will have it let us now.

I just got my copy of the Anthology on Monday at Gamestop. Cool map & medal. I had actually bought HOI2 when it first came out & traded it in because it seemed to complex. Figured I'd give it another go & so far, I'm hooked.

Damaged?!

I got the anthology and without losing a single second, I started installing them one by one but Armageddon data2.rar file is corrupt or damaged! Therefore I cannot install it!

Has anyone had this before? What can I do about it?

Habilus said:
Hmpf...1 $ = 1 € ?!

Not in my world it isnt 1$ US = .7 Euro

Corey

coreymas said:
Not in my world it isnt 1$ US = .7 Euro

Corey

Then you don't live in Paradox world. There US $ and € have parity.

I think that the person is commenting that things cost the same in Euros as in US dollars for Paradox products.

It has been explained that non EU sales dont include the VAT which explains the lower cost for non EU residents.

Corey

I was surprised that I was able to get this from ebay for £6.50 (which is about $13). I sold my HOI & HOI 2 on Ebay to make some back and broke even just about :)

coreymas said:
I think that the person is commenting that things cost the same in Euros as in US dollars for Paradox products.

It has been explained that non EU sales dont include the VAT which explains the lower cost for non EU residents.

Corey
What are you talking about? The € is much higher than the $, which would mean that Americans pay lower costs. 10€ > 10$.

I got my box of HOI Anth a while ago in the mail from Amazon.

Opened it up, grabbed the disks, installed...looked at the manual...

I've been afraid of it ever since. There's pages and pages and pages ..... and pages of pages and pages of instructions.

I think I might have to check with the local junior college and see if they have a course in this game or something.

@TEP: They are all patched to the latest current versions. Doomsday is v1.3 and Armageddon is v1.1 :cool:

For anyone in Australia, EB Games has a great half-price special on HOI Anthology. $35 during their Christmas sales

Thanks for releasing this Anthology pack Paradox :)

Ivegottheskill said:
@TEP: They are all patched to the latest current versions. Doomsday is v1.3 and Armageddon is v1.1 :cool:

For anyone in Australia, EB Games has a great half-price special on HOI Anthology. $35 during their Christmas sales

Thanks for releasing this Anthology pack Paradox :)

I picked it up at EB for $30 today. :D

This might be a silly question but which one should I start with?

HoI1 or HoI2?

For HoI2 I noticed that Armageddon seems to include all the scenarios from DD so should I just install this one and uninstall the rest?

jinksy said:

HoI1 or HoI2?

For HoI2 I noticed that Armageddon seems to include all the scenarios from DD so should I just install this one and uninstall the rest?

If you install armageddon with the cd you install doomsday + armageddon, because doomsday is stand alone, but armageddon is just a boosterpack for doomsday... if you wanna have fun start with doomsday and some of the good mods, if you wanna have a strange game play armageddon ... i recomend waiting for dd-arma 1.2 patch ;) ... but armageddon is playable and there are some nice mods out there too, dont get me wrong =)

jinksy said:

HoI1 or HoI2?

To be honest, I still haven't played HoI1 yet. I've heard the tech tree for HoI1 is different (and some say better) than HoI2.

I'd probably recommend starting with HoI2 Doomsday, which has an extended research tree, more events and new icons.

Most games I play I start with the Grand Campaign (1936-1953)

However, sometimes I find it hard to go back and try an old game for the first time when I've loved the sequel (e.g Red Alert 2 and Red Alert), so you might feel like giving HoI1 a go, all up to you I suppose :confused:

Hi,
regarding to the printed manual shipped with Anthology,
does it include all the HoI2 manual pages + updated pages for Doomsday ?

(just curious, how many pages are there in ? ;) )