+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Kingdom of Jerusalem - Barbarossa's Legacy

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

The Kingdom of Jerusalem - Barbarossa's Legacy

Download - http://rapidshare.com/files/37953633/KOJ.rar.html

Well here it is my first attempt at a mod. Made it with the intention of doing an AAR on the Kingdom of Jerusalem and thought I may as well release it for anyone who was interested. It contains:

- A "what if" scenario featuring the survival of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
    - 11 new provinces around the Levant region.
    - 3 new countries (Damascus, Jerusalem and Byzantium)

The basic plot is that Barbarossa doesn't die crossing Saleph, made it to the Levant to help fight in the third crusade. With his large army the crusaders re-took Jerusalem. On his way he also inflicted another heavy defeat on the Turks allowing Byzantium to capitalise and regain dominance in Asia Minor.

After the death of Saladin, with the Kingdom of Jerusalem splitting his eastern holdings from Egypt the two split leaving the Emir of Damascus to the east and a Mamluk Egypt.

Quick summary of the main factions:

Byzantium - Now the dominant force in Asia Minor with the Ottomans pinned back and without a major port. The Other smaller muslim states close by and Catholics to the west could be swallowed up quickly by a strong emperor and then who knows what may be achieved.

Kingdom of Jerusalem - For centuries the Kingdom has clung on to the coastline of the levant and only the prospect of more crusades has saved the Kingdom from the wrath of the Arabs. The world is changing however and the new king Conrad II is ambitious, perhaps ambitious enough to drive back the Arabs and with new lands being discovered take advantage of the Red Sea port at Eila.

Emir of Damascus - Another nation with a new leader - Ismail I. The state is the last true heir, save perhaps Granada to the Caliphate. Perhaps the Muslims can once again be united but first the infidels who still hold Jerusalem must be dealt with.

The Ottomans - After spending years reeling over the toll inflicted upon them by Barbarossa perhaps the Turks can once again rise to power in Asia Minor. To do so however they will need another Manzikert for their lands are poor and the Byzantines loom in on them.

The Mamluks - Egypt contains some of the riches lands in the entire area. With a large enough army the Mamluks could quite easily over run both the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Emir of Damascus.

A few screenshots from the mod below.

The extended Levant

Map of the Region

Known Bugs - the text on the name for Homs isn't showing up. Why I don't know if anyone does please let me know.

Furture improvements that I might or might not make - More start dates then 1453, better balancing of the province income/manpower down there, changes to populations and city names and anything else that comes to mind later

Finally a special thanks to all the people in the pre-1453 history section who helped with the map regions. Doubt I'd have got it done otherwise.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k club

looks excellent, downloading now! great job!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Interesting, what about creating flavour for the new states? Can this mod be used together with any other mods?

#Homs
    1252 = {
    city={
    x=1127.000000
    y=465.000000
    }
    text_position={
    x=1128.000000
    y=463.000000
    }
    text_rotation=0.00000
    text_scale=0.000000
    There's your problem

Gigalocus - thanks hope you enjoy it!

Scorpi - well flavour would come through events which I may add later depending on time and energy. Should be combinable with graphics mods but other gameplay mods will be trickier as the files would need merging somehow and the same province slots might be used.

Spartan_One - Yeah I can't believe it missed that. Must have looked at the entry at least four times I'll fix it sometime soonish.

I've played with this mod as both Byzantine and Jerusalem and both times Damascus gets eaten up in no time. You should strengthen them a little bit. Great mod though!!!

I'm getting a weird bug with this mod involving terra incognita. When I load up as Jerusalem or any other nation, I am able to see select parts of north america, africa, central asia, and east asia. This doesn't happen to me in default EU3 and I can see nothing in the province files that would explain it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Shibito - Thanks!. Just playing a long term test game myself and noticed this. Going to beef them up with a few starting units, a little extra gold and an alliance with one of the nearby Muslim states. I think the problem is they're right next to the fairly large Qara Koyunlu so get attacked then the smaller states around join in and pick up the pieces. Going to fix this soon.

Lazy - I'll check that now. If they do I have no idea why or how to fix it though

Maybe its just a gift from god for holding Jerusalem.

+ Reply to Thread