• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The liberal government came up with a novel new way to earn cash to pay off debts. All new technology would be sold to great powers. Every year, around 10,000 would come in from outside investment this way. At the same time, relations with Prussia and Russia improved, getting the Federation a foot in the door of European affairs if it ever wanted it. In May of 1854, with great fanfare, the national debt was paid off. This secured the people's faith in the Liberal Party, and President Bebb won another landslide. The Troubled Times were over! And it only took ten years.

President Bebb decided the best path for the nation now would be internal growth. Now with money, the countries national respurces would be developed. The other half would be military expansion, after having been afraid of Mexico for ten years, most of the populace was again invigorated with militarism. This led the founding of the American Federation Navy, under Admiral Fischer. At this early a date, it was still disorganized. The ships would eventualy be designated the AFS Chicago (FR-01) and AFS Colombus (FR-02).

However, even with these programs the government still had cash to spare. President Bebb decided to be bold and began industrializing the nation, starting with two more factories. The types were carfully considered, it was decided that factories being built should only use resources from the land, nothing manufactured, that way, the nation could be self sufficent in industry. Of course, once these were done, factories that use the product of these factories would be built.

Mexico was not a happy country after the Federation-Mexican War. Various groups struggled for control within. The current controler was a liberal government, bent on reforming. The Federation saw this as a chance to improve relations, and gave full support to this new government. It was hoped with this, the Federation could gradualy buy up lands with white settlers in it, not one big purchase like the one that caused the Troubled Times.

With the debt gone, railroad construction could resume. Soon, all major cities East of the Mississippi River had raillines connecting them, plus a short spurt to the main port in New Orleans. This was hoped to increase the production of the Federation by 1/4 atleast. This new prosperity was all that was needed for President Bebb to win the elections. However, the order of things was about to change. A new party of the liberal idiology was formed in 1860, the Eqaulity Party. It demanded slaves be freed and minories made full citizens. Worse still, it was a war mongering party that could rebel if it doesn't win the 1862 elections. The minorities were already being stirred up!

Hmmm, I would have chosen to tear up Mexicos behind.

:war-moinger:

Anyways, I like the idea of this AAR. Will you have a conflict with the US later. I most certainly hope so.

OAM said:
You are thinking too small, thats all I'm giving away. Though, so you know, I didn't start it.
Are we going to see the end of the AF? Now is the time for irresponsible speculation. I think a few slave states rebel, and you get dog piled. The AF gets cut down to the single state of Illinois!

Of course if this tomfoolery bugs you OAM, you could just post an update.

The improved with relations with Mexico work wonders. The government begins buying up Mexican Texas. It has been decided to be a gradual process, as not to repeat the Troubled Times.

Due to the continuing prosparity and the new lands, the Liberal Pary wins again in the elections. However, all are wary of the Equality Party... didn't they say something about not standing by if they lose.

In the meantime, relations with Mexico are strenghten to the point of alliance. The new government of Mexico and the Federation join together to reform the American Alliance, this time with an anti-European flair.

Meanwhile, the Equality Party makes its move. (sorry missed that screenshot) The Liberal Party chose to compromise, a team would be created to look into how minorities were adapting to the country, and into freeing the slaves. The slaveowning republics of the South did not take this well. High level officals from the South were having secret meetings. What were they up to?

Gnost said:
Are we going to see the end of the AF? Now is the time for irresponsible speculation. I think a few slave states rebel, and you get dog piled. The AF gets cut down to the single state of Illinois!

Of course if this tomfoolery bugs you OAM, you could just post an update.

Lol, was posting one as you spoke. Don't worry, tommorows update will have all the answers, well, most, and totaly kick the *insert word here* outta this update, witch even I admit kinda sucks. End of the AF, by no means, though I may have to give up land... I think I have done quite well for what I was up aginst :rofl:

OAM said:
Lol, was posting one as you spoke. Don't worry, tommorows update will have all the answers, well, most, and totaly kick the *insert word here* outta this update, witch even I admit kinda sucks. End of the AF, by no means, though I may have to give up land... I think I have done quite well for what I was up aginst :rofl:
It's cool that you got the rest of Texas proper.

So when is this big, scary war you've been alluding to going to happen?

This is where it gets good!

On March 14, 1863, an event would happen that would be seen by future historians as the decisive factor in World War One. With radical change being brought on by compromises with the Equality Party, Southern slave owners were getting increasingly worried. They felt their way of life was begining to be thereatened. So, after a few months of hard diliberation, the Republic governments of five Republics left the Federation to form the Confederate States of America. It was largly influence by crossing the USA with the Federation, and it was suspected to be getting aid across its border from sympatisers in Georgia and South Carolina. Despite having the right to leave, President Bebb was furious. If an issue as small as reform was to cause a great split, the future of the Federation looked upsetting. So, almost immediatly after the formation, the CSA found itself at war with the Federation.

(I'll let the shock sit in and update once again tonight)

Last edited:
The CSA looks very,ummm, cut up? Hopefuly we can get a screenshot of the new Confederate States and a situation report of somesorts too when you update ;)

Long live the Confederacy! (sorry, had to, :eek:o )

Well to be clear, those attack reports are Dixie troops revolting because their home provinces are enemy now. I just now noticed Alabama and Missisippi looking darker, but rest assured, they are CSA.

And the WWI, should indicate it is the lest of my problems very soon.

OAM said:
Well to be clear, those attack reports are Dixie troops revolting because their home provinces are enemy now. I just now noticed Alabama and Missisippi looking darker, but rest assured, they are CSA.

And the WWI, should indicate it is the lest of my problems very soon.

Ah, gotcha, I was wondering what was up with that, I mean Mississippii not in the Confederacy, what Blasphamy! Good luck later on :D

More bad news came on April 4. Apperently the Europeans wanted to take this opprotunity to bully Mexico while the Federation was busy. The Federation, despite its reputation today, was a very honorable nation at the time. The Federation came to Mexico's aid despite being in the midst of a civil war. However, more and more nations would join in the fray in the next few months, making this a Great War. Had the Federation bitten off more then it could chew?

At first, it seemed, all would be well. The Southerners were quickly being brought into line, with the only notable battle being The Battle of Little Rock. Not a sign of European intervention. But, in a darring move to keep the Confederacy afloat, France landed some 100,000 men in New Orleans, setting the stage for The Second battle of New Orleans (The first being in The War of 1812).