• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Hello and welcome to Room for Two? - An AH (Alternate History) American Federation AAR. The basic premise is that in the American revolution, only the 13 colonies became independant. The rest became a seperate nation after the war of 1812, and I shall play as that nation. I will be taking most of the roles and events that the USA did historicaly, such as aiding Texas and whatnot. So without further ado, I will continue with the backstory.

Room for Two?​

American Revolution - Due to stronger British resistance, only the 13 colonies were given independance. The land between them and the Mississippi River remained in British hands. However, the scatered colonists in the area were discontent with British rule.

Late 18th and early 19th centuries - The remaining British lands below Canada are mainly ignored by Britain. Colonists from the USA still settle in the areas, and new immigrents from Euope still arrive.

War of 1812 - Faced with increasing forced conscription by Europeans of American Sailors to keep their various armed forces running due to the Napoleonic Wars, America goes to war with Britain. British land below Canada uses this to rebel. With the help of the USA, the area is secured. Attacks on Canada fail. However, most of the garrison in the rebellious areas was captured in the confusion, some three and a half divisions. This is used as a bargining chip to force the British to the peace table. The British quickly end the war on the condition that the rebellious area is not annexed by the USA, but becomes another nation. The American Federation is born.

1821 - The American Federation, with support of the USA, offers to buy French American holdings that have fell into dissaray at the end of the Napoleonic Wars. France agrees, loan payments are made untill 1833.

1836 - Game start.

(I will have an "American Federation Fact Sheet" up in a minute.

Last edited:
Offical American Federation Fact Sheet - 1836​

Population: 5,474,000
Independance: May 14, 1814
Capital: Chicago
Biggest City: Columbus, Ohio.
Government: Democratic Federation (Democracy)
Ruling Party: Conservate Party
Head of State: Joseph Duncan
Members: 18
Primary Industry: Agriculture
Primary Manufacturing: Distilling
Allies: United States of America
Strenght of Army: 5000
Strenght of Navy: N/A

(any questions asked I'd be glad to put them up here too)

Last edited:
National Cultures? btw this sounds interesting...And how will you be writing it? Detailed gameplay, or storytelling? or something else or a combination? 'cause I think it would be awesome if you could incorporate the indian tribes into the federation, but its all about however you wanna play it. But I see it as a nice reason to add a few more national cultures :rolleyes:

And since, you are essentially not the USA, will your national claims be different?

Heh. That is an ugly flag.

Perhaps a screenshot of the borders? :)

anonymous4401 said:
Heh. That is an ugly flag.

I quite agree. A monstrosity :D

The flag looks better ingame, that is the version I made for the forums, and it mainly looks horrible due to poor size. The indians, well, I will pretty much ingore them, they will be allowed to live and do as they please basicly. Not national cultures, but no riots really either. As for style, it will be a mix, mainly pictures and gameplay, but the important events will have alot of history. I will post the borders soon, right now I am finishing up events.

P.S. I forgot to add, when done, I will convert to HOI2 and continue.

Your starting this scenario in 1936?

OAM said:
Good news guys, I got the events done and have started playing. After lunch I will do the ingame summary at startup, then after dinner I will post an update through the next election in 1838.

P.S. The data sheet is updated with biggest city.

Have you got varied political parties, or just two like the real America.

I've got quite a few, multi-party system. The main ones are the Conservative Party (85% popularity), the Liberal Party (15% Popularity), and the Federation Party (0% lol, but it is mainly just old war vets anyway who are reactionary). Other parties will come and go with the times. All have equal footing, but my nation is very conservative.

Who owns the colonies to the West?

Can we see them?

OAM said:
You'vee seen the democracy one, The commie one is a red dot instead, and the monarch one has a black line the lenght of the flag instead of a dot, if I ever change government types, you will see them.

Shuldnt it be a red star instead of a dot. Or even a red tie :p