• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
graknor said:
I don't have any more specific error message. That's the message I get after installing this mod, and the program does not function. Abort quits it, retry causes a crash if i remember correctly. I also tried to ignore, and the game appears to start, but it crashes during startup. I wish I could provide more info, but that's all I have.

Are you sure you pasted the files in the right places? I don't see how CCIP would have caused the problem, since it doesn't use any excel files... I'd suggest you delete the game, reinstall DD+DDA+patch1.1, run it, and if it runs, install CCIP again.

Black Lotus said:
Any progress with a SMEP pack? :)
One month later... Actually, I'm working on combining this mod with DAIM, SMEP, New Nations mod, and the Scandinavia mod. I just have to test it and then I can upload the pack.

Also, did the person with the Chinese music pack ever upload it? I'm currently upgrading the sound on my copy of HoI, and so I'm wondering if it would be possible to add it, because so far I've got music from every major except Italy, Japan, France, the United Kingdom, and China.

Rodrico Stak said:
One month later... Actually, I'm working on combining this mod with DAIM, SMEP, New Nations mod, and the Scandinavia mod. I just have to test it and then I can upload the pack.

Also, did the person with the Chinese music pack ever upload it? I'm currently upgrading the sound on my copy of HoI, and so I'm wondering if it would be possible to add it, because so far I've got music from every major except Italy, Japan, France, the United Kingdom, and China.

What kind of music are you trying to find? Maybe something cultural and political?

Will there be the update out soon which corrects the "always peace" when I say NO to the United Front when playing Mao? It almost destroyed my ongoing AAR because I missed to read through here first (I read that two people already complained and it should be fixed in the new release, which hopefully comes out soon) :cool:

General Guisan said:
Will there be the update out soon which corrects the "always peace" when I say NO to the United Front when playing Mao? It almost destroyed my ongoing AAR because I missed to read through here first (I read that two people already complained and it should be fixed in the new release, which hopefully comes out soon) :cool:
Yes, it has been fixed. I don't know when the new version is going to be released. (Over winter break, hopefully.)
The_Carbonater said:
Is the link for armageddon the only one needed?
Yes.

Gosh, hate going to the second page to reach this thread.

Anyway, while I was working on my own part of minister/leader pics this afternoon, I suddenly realized that there are like a bunch of unrelated people being on the high position of the Chinese govt. I found out that a writer being the head of government and a kung-fu guy being minister of security. What the heck? Didn't Paradox do at least a little research before encoding these people into the files? I found them really random and hoped that Mib could fix it.

clanjay1989 said:
Gosh, hate going to the second page to reach this thread.

Anyway, while I was working on my own part of minister/leader pics this afternoon, I suddenly realized that there are like a bunch of unrelated people being on the high position of the Chinese govt. I found out that a writer being the head of government and a kung-fu guy being minister of security. What the heck? Didn't Paradox do at least a little research before encoding these people into the files? I found them really random and hoped that Mib could fix it.
Please show me what you have, who are these people in particular?

mib said:
Please show me what you have, who are these people in particular?

The graphics aren't completely improved on my part(I only have 140 pictures done by now), but I'll try to find more resources as many as I can. So here's a screenshot of my current work:

1-2.png

The people that I mentioned are like...say...Chen Fake and Cao Yu. Both are in the Nationalist China minister file. I tried to ascertain that I didn't make mistakes by searching on the web, but couldn't find any other Chen Fake or Cao Yu. There are actually some more of this kind of people around, which is kind of stupid.

And also the Soong sisters are included in the file, too. I wouldn't say they had anything to do with government affairs other than giving speeches, really. Soong Ching-Ling being the head of state is weird enough, and her sister is like the chief of air force? The Nationalists wouldn't have let some woman without aviation knowledge be in command of China's air force, make sense?

Nice to see this mod alive and thriving, I really like to play China in HoI2. (And beat commies to their red hell, heh, heh.)

Biges said:
Nice to see this mod alive and thriving, I really like to play China in HoI2. (And beat commies to their red hell, heh, heh.)

Yeah, I wish that next week would be a fast one(final exam week! damn!), then I could spend more time doing whatever I could do. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention something. I've lost the Chinese mod that you sent me in the summer, Mib, and now I have some difficulties finding another one because all of those that I've downloaded, so far none of them seemed to work since they could not show the names in unicode correctly.

So if you wouldn't mind, can you send me that one more time?

Last edited:
When will the victory for the RoC be fixed? I'd love to finish that savegame of mine. :D

trekaddict said:
When will the victory for the RoC be fixed? I'd love to finish that savegame of mine. :D
I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with the ROC victory event. If you're talking about the vanilla event, though, that's been fixed for as long as anyone can remember. ;)
clanjay1989 said:
Yeah, I wish that next week would be a fast one(final exam week! damn!), then I could spend more time doing whatever I could do. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention something. I've lost the Chinese mod that you sent me in the summer, Mib, and now I have some difficulties finding another one because all of those that I've downloaded, so far none of them seemed to work since they could not show the names in unicode correctly.

So if you wouldn't mind, can you send me that one more time?
I'll try to find it for you.

clanjay1989 said:
The graphics aren't completely improved on my part(I only have 140 pictures done by now), but I'll try to find more resources as many as I can. So here's a screenshot of my current work:

1-2.png

The people that I mentioned are like...say...Chen Fake and Cao Yu. Both are in the Nationalist China minister file. I tried to ascertain that I didn't make mistakes by searching on the web, but couldn't find any other Chen Fake or Cao Yu. There are actually some more of this kind of people around, which is kind of stupid.

And also the Soong sisters are included in the file, too. I wouldn't say they had anything to do with government affairs other than giving speeches, really. Soong Ching-Ling being the head of state is weird enough, and her sister is like the chief of air force? The Nationalists wouldn't have let some woman without aviation knowledge be in command of China's air force, make sense?
Yes, yes that seems to be the case. You're right. Feel free to skip over those guys, I suppose... but I'll keep them there just because I don't have a better list of replacement ministers. As for Soong Ching-ling, I think that was a CCIP addition. But that was a long time ago (when HOI2 just came out?) and I can't remember. :p

Soong Ching-ling was (briefly) head of state for the CCP, so I don't see it as especially implausible.

Faeelin said:
Soong Ching-ling was (briefly) head of state for the CCP, so I don't see it as especially implausible.
And her sister, Soong Mei-ling aka Madame Chiang Kai-Shek, was Secretary-General of the Chinese Aeronautical Affairs Commission from 1936 to 1938, so it isn't much a a stretch for her to be Chief of the Air Force.

How do I get event 2450 (CHC victory in Civil War) to fire? I already annexed Nat China, and manually fired event 100. How do I get 2450 to fire?

mib said:
I'll try to find it for you.

Thanks! :rofl:

Faeelin said:

Well you pointed out already. Why would a pro-Communist even be a Nationalist head of state? And besides she was not even a Nationalist...

xtfoster said:
And her sister, Soong Mei-ling aka Madame Chiang Kai-Shek, was Secretary-General of the Chinese Aeronautical Affairs Commission from 1936 to 1938, so it isn't much a a stretch for her to be Chief of the Air Force.

No. The organization you mentioned was the one that China seeked to not only modernize its military but also things like domestic transportation. And it was a position that did not need the ability to command a country's air force, or simply what a "chief of air force" should be doing with the knowledge that he or she learns at some kind air force academy, where Soong had never been to in all her life.

clanjay1989 said:
Well you pointed out already. Why would a pro-Communist even be a Nationalist head of state? And besides she was not even a Nationalist...

Because her husband was the founder of the Kuomintang?

I'm nto even sure I'd call her Communist; note that she didn't join the CCP in the 50s, but tried to build a liberal "democratic" movement during the latter stages of the Civil War.

Opposition to Chiang's autocratic rule did not make one a communist.

clanjay1989 said:
it was a position that did not need the ability to command a country's air force, or simply what a "chief of air force" should be doing with the knowledge that he or she learns at some kind air force academy, where Soong had never been to in all her life.
I disagree...the head of the Air Force does NOT need to be a flyer, or even in the military. In the USA the Secretary of the Air Force is a civilian and there is NO REQUIREMENT for prior military service (it is even unofficially frowned upon for any of the Military Secretaries (Army, Navy, Air Force, Defense) to have prior military experience, because they are supposed to be the CIVILIAN head of the military branches (under the Command-in-Chief, aka the President)) to hold that position.