• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This mod is fully AOD compatible. Though make sure to copy the national ideas section of the China file into the one from CCIP. Otherwise, everything works fine. Also, China is a lot harder in AOD.

And here's the mod.

Attachments

• CCIP(3).zip
    2 MB · Views: 726
This mod is fully AOD compatible. Though make sure to copy the national ideas section of the China file into the one from CCIP. Otherwise, everything works fine. Also, China is a lot harder in AOD.

And here's the mod.

So just copy/paste in the 36 scenario files right? Everything else I can just extract over?

Just extract it into your AOD folder and everything should work. One thing though, you have to find the China file and copy the national ideas from the vanilla AOD and paste them into China file in CCIP. Otherwise, China starts as Imperial Worldview instead of Parochial.

I haven't noticed any events not firing, but I haven't really paid that much attention to it.

Hmm I didn't have any problems with their worldview except I started with Henry Fords at the end...which is what I pick anyways...

but China reinforcing North China Army didn't fire and wouldn't let me manually fire it, during the ascribed time period.

And here's the mod.
Is it also compatible for Arma?

The links in the first post aren't working anymore

Hey Porkman STRONGLY suggest you change the Lend Lease to AoD's as the amount of IC China ends up with is insane. I've got over 110 in Chengdu alone.

I don't know whether I'm allowed to change anything. I haven't talked to Mib and I have no authorship of this mod. I think I have to have his permission to make and post an AOD version.

Truth be told, I'm really unfamiliar with any of the lend lease or aid to China events because I'm too impatient to ever let the war last long enough for the allies to get involved.

Hey porkman, thanks for updating these files, i've just installed them to AOD. 2 things raised eyebrows for me tho, the provinces.csv and the world_names.csv were both considerably smaller than the existing AOD version used, any problems with that you think?

Also I'm not too clear as to what to do about the world views / china file. I did load up a game as Nat CHI to see and they did have the parichocal world view already, without me doing anything, so is everything ok?

I was also having a look through the CHC tech teams (i'm going to play as CHC) and noticed they had a lot of tech teams with start and end dates set to 1970, ie you dont get them in game, unless its via event or something?

Thanks!

Hey porkman, thanks for updating these files, i've just installed them to AOD. 2 things raised eyebrows for me tho, the provinces.csv and the world_names.csv were both considerably smaller than the existing AOD version used, any problems with that you think?

Also I'm not too clear as to what to do about the world views / china file. I did load up a game as Nat CHI to see and they did have the parichocal world view already, without me doing anything, so is everything ok?

I was also having a look through the CHC tech teams (i'm going to play as CHC) and noticed they had a lot of tech teams with start and end dates set to 1970, ie you dont get them in game, unless its via event or something?

Thanks!
Yes, once China has been unified an event will fire that replaces most of their starting Teams with those slightly better ones. There are also a couple of teams (Nuclear and Rocketry?) that are activated on a specific date, and some that are activated depending on your alliance (i.e., some if you join the Commintern, some for the Allies and some for the Axis).

LOL I ended the war in 38 but when Japan declares "revenge" war the events kick in.

I don't know whether I'm allowed to change anything. I haven't talked to Mib and I have no authorship of this mod. I think I have to have his permission to make and post an AOD version.

Truth be told, I'm really unfamiliar with any of the lend lease or aid to China events because I'm too impatient to ever let the war last long enough for the allies to get involved.

Hmm, was browsing the event files and noticed that event 2484 for the CHC has no trigger. It looks like it is a duplicate of event 2483 which is triggered by 2482 except that it wakes two different tech teams.

This is a problem because event 2484 is the trigger for the entire CHC resource development modernization chain with Soviet aid (event 2489).

I also seem to be getting a bug with some of the ministers, namely the prince of terror. The minister effects file still shows it as +15 foreign IC and + 10 Consumer goods, but in game it is -15 Foreign ic and +10 consumer. The effecient sociopath and the compassionate gentlemen are all also showing reverse (negative) effects on foreign IC. I changed the values in the minister effects file from positive to negative to see if that would fix the problem but it stayed negative. Any idea on a quick fix?

I'm running AOD 1.4, with porkmans updated files, other than that no problems, first game as CHC its 1953 and everything stable, lots of neat events! Would love to see some more com chi leaders!

Last edited:
Hmm, is anyone still working on this? I'm terrible with editing. But I have some quite major additions I'd like to add.

I have additional historic land claims for Manchukuo (Outer Manchuria, owned by the soviet union, briefly united with inner Manchuria during the Japanese intervention in Siberia), Tibet (Historical land claims from the 1932 sino-tibetan war) and possibly different areas for Xibei San Ma (Home provinces of the Hui people and historical capital in Gansu) if it were to be liberated. Most of these changes coincide (and present many different optional paths) with the Japanese invasion of 'Greater East Asia'...and builds a better picture of China under Japanese hegemony, instead of random unclaimed areas with high partisan activity under Japanese control.

What would be great are the following events:

1. Tibet offers to join the Japanese sphere after defeat of Chinese, gaining their claimed historical lands. (cooperation with the maker of the Tibetan historical pack for this? If anyone can find the guy)

2. Choice to give Outer Manchuria to Manchukuo after Bitter peace event with the Soviet Union.

3. Sinkiang(east Turkestan) offers to join the sphere after defeat of China (new ministers needed...not sure who, but definitely not the Sheng Shicai government because of it's cosy relationship with the Soviets).

4. (optional, possibly historically impossible to some)The chance for Japan to take a less dominating role and release some of it's puppet states? (Interviews have shown that most the Japanese "puppets" weren't exactly fine and happy with Japanese control, seeing as Japan were purely focused on themselves. After the defeat of China or the allies in the pacific, these puppet states could eventually question the extent of Japanese control). This could maybe satisfy those who are more interested interested in Manchukuo/Mengkukuo/Tibet etc.

5. (completely optional, possibly historically impossible) Muslim state of Xibei San Ma (land of the three ma's) released in Gansu Province (will need some IC, manpower etc)

I'll hopefully be able to illustrate the picture of China that I'm painting very soon with screenshots. I hope someone will be impressed to enough to implement these hefty changes.