• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
clanjay1989 said:
Yes this is the one. The reason why they don't go to the Japanese is because not single one of them was under direct Japanese control, instead Japan ruled through the Manchurian puppet. I think it'd be more appropriate that these lands goes to Manchukuo. Before giving these lands back to Manchukuo(the border was owned by Japan in vanilla, probably done so because of AI, I believe) I did some research on the would-be Xilinghot transfer and found nothing about that.

My suggestion still stands. Keep a border province as Japan owned. Even if this is a Manchurian territory, you can secede it back to Manchuria later either via event or trade. Your change has effected the AI file so unless you want to edit the AI, you will likely have to deal with Japan moving troops away because they don't see a border province to protect.

P.S. These changes will also effect the Mengkukuo formation event for Japan.

This seems to be a nice place to ask, where can I find a chinese version of the game? (Launguage). I have seen screenshots, and just curious if anyone knows. Thanks.

CyrusSpitama said:
My suggestion still stands. Keep a border province as Japan owned. Even if this is a Manchurian territory, you can secede it back to Manchuria later either via event or trade. Your change has effected the AI file so unless you want to edit the AI, you will likely have to deal with Japan moving troops away because they don't see a border province to protect.

P.S. These changes will also effect the Mengkukuo formation event for Japan.

This could be done without having to touch the AI. I'll try to script an AI-only event which fires at game start that will lock the Japanese divisions already on the border so they stop wandering around. And will later be unlocked when the Sino-Japanese war fires then they will go southward immediately.

Haru yo koi said:
This seems to be a nice place to ask, where can I find a chinese version of the game? (Launguage). I have seen screenshots, and just curious if anyone knows. Thanks.

I have it. You could either PM or MSN me. :)

That's EXACTLY what I meant :) However I think in a UNITED China Chiang would be willing to put Pu Yi in the HoS position since it IS just a figurehead position and it would help strengthen his claims for the lost territory as well. Plus he IS the Emperor of China :)

LordInsane said:
Well, if Chiang became Emperor, he'd be in the HoS position, and not HoG. However, I think Keioel meant that Chiang would remain as Head of Government, but have the HoS changed to a fitting emperor-minister.
Not, I must say, that I think there is anyone. For obvious reasons, Pu Yi is not an option, and 1916 would probably be too much on people's mind for them to consider a new dynasty.

Keioel said:
That's EXACTLY what I meant :) However I think in a UNITED China Chiang would be willing to put Pu Yi in the HoS position since it IS just a figurehead position and it would help strengthen his claims for the lost territory as well. Plus he IS the Emperor of China :)

To be honest there wasn't any possibility of China becoming an empire after 1912. To support a constitutional monarchy in China there must be a storyline behind that makes sense. Maybe something like Pu-Yi aligns with Nanjing in the Sino-Japanese war in exchange for him to regain his title of the emperor?

CyrusSpitama said:
################################################## #######################
# Surrender events - Japan surrenders to China -CCP
################################################## #######################
# Enhanced by Miborovsky
# Edited by Duke_of_BOOM! for CCIP

event = {
id = 2411
random = no
country = CHC

name = "EVT_3823_NAME"
desc = "EVT_3823_DESC"
style = 0
picture = "chanfukeng"

trigger = {
control = { province = 1389 data = CHC } # Mukden
control = { province = 1379 data = CHC } # Harbin
OR = {
control = { province = 1235 data = CHI } # Nanjing
control = { province = 1235 data = CHC } # Nanjing
}
control = { province = 1205 data = CHC } # Beiping
NOT = {
control = { province = 1201 data = JAP } # Pyongyang
control = { province = 1199 data = JAP } # Seoul
control = { province = 1196 data = JAP } # Busan
}
#lost_VP = { country = CHI value = 75 }
#lost_national = { country = CHI value = 90 }
#lost_IC = { country = CHI value = 50 }
war = { country = CHC country = JAP }
random = 50
}

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1954 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 100
name = "EVT_3823_ACTA" #
command = { type = dissent value = -20 }
command = { type = trigger which = 2412 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 3823 } #CHI version
}

action_b = {
ai_chance = 0
name = "EVT_3823_ACTB" #
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 2412 }
}
}

So I think this is the CHC version of the Fading Sun? The only thing that I think could be improved is that the trigger should check if CHI exists. I don't really think that Japan would ever surrender to CHC if Nationalist China remains the legitimate government of China.

clanjay1989 said:
So I think this is the CHC version of the Fading Sun? The only thing that I think could be improved is that the trigger should check if CHI exists. I don't really think that Japan would ever surrender to CHC if Nationalist China remains the legitimate government of China.

Well, I was actually thinking a little differently, although you are almost hitting the point. I was thinking more like this...

Check to ensure that CHI and CHC were not allied. Japan would certainly surrender to what they perceive as the new power in China, reluctantly of course, however, there should be some war prize trigger adjustments. The reasoning is two-fold here:

1) The new rising power should be appeased somewhat.

2) Two powers in China means a non-united China.

I have been distracted lately so, I cannot find my notes I made on these trigger adjustments. Soon as I dig them up, I will post the remaining trigger adjustments I had written down.

I know there's no REAL chance but perhaps if the 4th army incident fires there can be a chance for an alignment between Nat Chi and Manchuria? Of course I'm happy with things as is, it's just my first exposure to China was the Last Emperor.

clanjay1989 said:
To be honest there wasn't any possibility of China becoming an empire after 1912. To support a constitutional monarchy in China there must be a storyline behind that makes sense. Maybe something like Pu-Yi aligns with Nanjing in the Sino-Japanese war in exchange for him to regain his title of the emperor?

Keioel said:
I know there's no REAL chance but perhaps if the 4th army incident fires there can be a chance for an alignment between Nat Chi and Manchuria? Of course I'm happy with things as is, it's just my first exposure to China was the Last Emperor.

Problem is Manchuria was a puppet state of Japan and the Emperor was surrouded by various Japanese soldiers/troops for his own 'protection' even in his court / private residences.

I would not doubt that if his 'protectors' found out about that a head will roll :rolleyes: . The Japanese only kept him among various reasons to legimatise their occupation of Manchuria and would have disposed of him anyway in the future once he served no useful purpose for them anymore......

Even better then Why not have an option when you overrun Manchuria to "liberate" the emperor from the Japanese? Have it be an option to either execute him or put him on the throne? Perhaps by doing that you can eliminate some of the partisans or dissent that hits during the civil war?

Warhammer said:
Problem is Manchuria was a puppet state of Japan and the Emperor was surrouded by various Japanese soldiers/troops for his own 'protection' even in his court / private residences.

I would not doubt that if his 'protectors' found out about that a head will roll :rolleyes: . The Japanese only kept him among various reasons to legimatise their occupation of Manchuria and would have disposed of him anyway in the future once he served no useful purpose for them anymore......

Diminix said:
very nice work ;p

why does china claim Feyzabad though? also is there any chance of events which adjust the leadership as historically happened, with the head of stateship and premiership changing who hold them

Since there's no corresponding area to represent the westmost area that was previously under the occupation by the British from the south and the Russian from the north.

And actually I wrote some events to minister changes throughout the game years so if Mib decides to use them I'd be glad.

Okay, I think everyone's quite busy on their own!

Since I actually have some free time this week, I decided to update my little project! Anyway interested could go ahead and take a look at it.

Here

Hi guys. I mentioned this on my own thread and I think it is appropriate to mention this here. It should be extremely difficult for Japan to puppet China once the US is in the war. Many things might ultimately be required (for example the US gives China blueprints to the infantry techs) But I think the first thing is to make Chinese surrender to the Japanese a bit more difficult with the US in the war. My proposed trigger is:

event = {
id = 3814
random = no
country = CHI

name = "EVT_3814_NAME"
desc = "EVT_3814_DESC"
style = 0
picture = "japanese_reinforcments"

trigger = {
control = { province = 1235 data = JAP } #
control = { province = 1237 data = JAP } #
control = { province = 1238 data = JAP } #
#lost_VP = { country = CHI value = 75 }
lost_national = { country = CHI value = 87 }# was 85
#lost_IC = { country = CHI value = 50 }
NOT = { war = { country = JAP country = SOV } }
OR = {

AND = {
NOT = { war = { country = JAP country = USA } }
NOT = { war = { country = JAP country = GER } }
NOT = { war = { country = JAP country = ENG } }
}
control = { province = 1280 data = JAP } # Chongqing
}
}

In other words Japan must get all the way to Chongqing once the US is in the war. I raised the lost_national a bit because of eliminating the random factor.

What is the reaction of the CCIP community, especially clanjay, as he seems to be the most active?

That's indeed good! I personally would recommend adding one more check to see if the Allies control Burma. I mean if Burma is lost there would be no way the West could support China, even if they wanted to, thus would leave it completely isolated from any kind of assistance. Then it would be no difference for China whether the U.S. and Britain are at war with Japan.

Historicly it was the 'Flying Tigers' squadron which where more like a band of flying mercenaries :D . You get em if the USA decides to pass the Pitman act.

#########################################################################
# The Pitman Act - CHI
#########################################################################
event = {
id = 70472
random = no
country = CHI

name = EVT_85_NAME
desc = EVT_85_DESC
picture = "american_assistance"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = EVT_85_ACTA
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
command = { type = supplies value = 5000 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 50370 } #Chennault
command = { type = waketeam which = 1007 } #Chennault
command = { type = construct which = air_base where = 1360 value = 1 }
command = { type = add_corps which = "American Volunteer Group" value = air when = 1 where = 1360 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Flying Tigers" value = interceptor when = 0 }
}
}
From the SMEP-events

And also later............ from the CCIP 2 event file

event = {
id = 3546
random = no
country = CHI

name = "The 14th Air Force Arrives in China"
desc = "Brigadier General Chennault has gone to Washington, and has brought back an Airforce!"
picture = "14th_AF"

action_a = {
name = "OK" #GREAT
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -10 } #Composite Wings, Ground Personnel
command = { type = supplies value = 2000 }
command = { type = oilpool value = 1000 }
command = { type = waketeam which = 1049 }
command = { type = add_corps which = "14th Airforce" value = air where = 1360 }
command = { type = activate_division which = 22000 value = 410 where = 1360 when = 0 }
command = { type = activate_division which = 22000 value = 411 where = 1360 when = 0 }
command = { type = activate_division which = 22000 value = 412 where = 1360 when = 0 }
command = { type = activate_division which = 22000 value = 413 where = 1360 when = 0 }
command = { type = activate_division which = 22000 value = 414 where = 1360 when = 0 }
}
}

Is there a way to put stuff into hidden or spoiler tabs? i wanted to put up the whole event chain, but without a way of keeping them hidden, it would seriously clog up this thread. Thanks

P.S. Both the events require you to be at war with Japan, Pittman act fires June 1941 onwards and 14th airforce triggers February 1943 onwards.

clanjay1989 said:
That's indeed good! I personally would recommend adding one more check to see if the Allies control Burma. I mean if Burma is lost there would be no way the West could support China, even if they wanted to, thus would leave it completely isolated from any kind of assistance. Then it would be no difference for China whether the U.S. and Britain are at war with Japan.
Actually, Japan historically controlled Burma, and the allies then mounted the "over the hump" air supply mission over the Himalaya mountains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hump). Japan would have to control the eastern half of India to shut that down, and I think if they could do that it would be easier to just get to Chongqing.

Re: US Interceptor aid ("Flying Tigers")
The "when = 0" part is definitely an issue. That means an interwar interceptor. They should instead be model 3 (1940) at least for both events. There is a 1943 model interceptor (model 4) but that would have to depend on whether the US has researched that. One option is to first check if the US has researched level 4 interceptor and if they have researched it, fire the second event with level 4 units.

Last edited:
announcement fror the chineese here, E3 mod is developing a brand new map, and now ths reaches the development at China, we are looking for chineese who know the geography of their map very well, in order to create the best map possible,
the map would comtain just a little more provs
and it will be created from scratch, so there will be no correction to the old map, only if many say that is great
so we need your help, and this is the best place to search, because I'm late for work and can't search every chineese here :D

you could sent a PM to Crush3r or me or join http://e3project.freeforums.org/

Re: flying tigers
China received a large number and variety of planes (mostly from the US by the end of the war) and though these were not always the latest models, they were certainly not level 0 interceptors which are biplanes. China did receive some P-51 Mustangs by the end of the war. Japanese planes were initially better but this advantage did not persist, and both Chennault and the prior Soviet advisers (Operation Zet) adjusted their tactics to deal with it. The game's Operation Zet should both give level 1 interceptors, and the CCIP's 14th Air Force event should give level 3 planes at least. I'm going to change this in my own mod and recommend the same for CCIP.

The SMEP 1941 event should be added also and give level 2 interceptors. I would recommend as triggers: year = 1941, Japan at war with China, US at war with Japan. Chennault was actually in China before Pearl Harbor as per the Pittman Act event.

I'd like to propose something else--China should get blueprints for 1939, 1941, and 1943 infantry from the USA once the USA is at war with Japan and the USA has researched these technologies (if China is at war with Japan also). I had a game where (playing someone else) I actually observed China and Japan fighting a bloody stalemate until 1940 when the Japanese developed 1941 infantry and managed to eventually steamroll the Chinese as a result.

Last edited:
ROMANU said:
announcement fror the chineese here, E3 mod is developing a brand new map, and now ths reaches the development at China, we are looking for chineese who know the geography of their map very well, in order to create the best map possible,
the map would comtain just a little more provs
and it will be created from scratch, so there will be no correction to the old map, only if many say that is great
so we need your help, and this is the best place to search, because I'm late for work and can't search every chineese here :D

you could sent a PM to Crush3r or me or join http://e3project.freeforums.org/

Actually someone has already started to re-modify the Chinese map and sent me a draft already. I am currently reviewing it and hopefully will give some useful advice. If you think you are interested in cooperating with him, although he does not appear to be Chinese, you should contact him. And of course I'd be glad to take part in helping out.

Link

nomonhan said:
Re: flying tigers
China received a large number and variety of planes (mostly from the US by the end of the war) and though these were not always the latest models, they were certainly not level 0 interceptors which are biplanes. China did receive some P-51 Mustangs by the end of the war. Japanese planes were initially better but this advantage did not persist, and both Chennault and the prior Soviet advisers (Operation Zet) adjusted their tactics to deal with it. The game's Operation Zet should both give level 1 interceptors, and the CCIP's 14th Air Force event should give level 3 planes at least. I'm going to change this in my own mod and recommend the same for CCIP.

The SMEP 1941 event should be added also and give level 2 interceptors. I would recommend as triggers: year = 1941, Japan at war with China, US at war with Japan. Chennault was actually in China before Pearl Harbor as per the Pittman Act event.

I'd like to propose something else--China should get blueprints for 1939, 1941, and 1943 infantry from the USA once the USA is at war with Japan and the USA has researched these technologies (if China is at war with Japan also). I had a game where (playing someone else) I actually observed China and Japan fighting a bloody stalemate until 1940 when the Japanese developed 1941 infantry and managed to eventually steamroll the Chinese as a result.

That's a good idea actually! But since Mib is not present it's like nothing could be done to CCIP...Something has to be done to get him!!!

As of the hump thing, Japan controlled all of Burma except the northmost part(In game I say these are Fort Hertz and Nai Ga), and it is here that the Americans flew across to supply China. In case Lashio falls(which is the end of the Burma Road on Burma's side, the land route to supply China is cut), then we'll have the Hump, but if Northern Burma falls as well, it would be impossible to aid China via that route because the Americans will have to take great risk of being shot down by the Japanese. That's why I suggested adding a check to see if Burma falls. Or maybe I should say if ALL of Burma just to make it clear.