• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay...Seems like we'll have to use the language everyone understands

Profiry said:
你是在德州休士頓唸大學嗎? 我有去過那兒;那邊挺熱的。你讀什麼課?
我是在波士頓讀藥劑。

Yeah my family lives there and that's where I went to high school. I'm currently enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin as an electrical engineering student...I know! Sounds boring!

Concerning the release of a Chinese HOI2...I believe there's a traditional Chinese version released in Taiwan already.

And to be honest, it's really hateful that foreigners tell us what we should do. They should sit home, play HOI, beat China up, and Tibet shall be free as they wish. Too bad this obviously won't happen in real life, though. :)

And I really hope what we've discussed so far will be taken seriously. Paradox designed China way too bad and we've got to have that fixed!

I have two pretty nice skins for CHC and CHI. I got them from the [thread=307710]graphics thread[/thread]. Erichs flags pack...

clanjay1989 said:
It obviously will be greatest that someone could assist me. Graphics are just fine with me but as for event modding...I'm really new to it so don't expect any thing amazing!

Basically I believe it's do-able to allow the Japanese AI to declare war on Nationalist China if the player moves the majority of its troops into the interior fighting the Communists, thus destroying the possibility to get rid of the Commies by the Xi'an incident event fires, which will be set to fire on the historically correct time. I've noticed that most people who are able to annex Communist China before the event fires simply exploit the AI and throw almost all troops defending other parts of China to Shaanxi thinking that Japan won't attack until relative events fire later. But in real life, Japan would have attacked if China simply left the coastal provinces barely guarded. This way will certainly make the player think twice before taking the risk of an early Japanese DoW.

As of the scenario I said before, I think it's better that the troops stationed bordering the Communist zone be locked at game start to represent the refusal to fight by Zhang Xueliang. But that part will have to be done through scenario files instead of events.

With all those added, Nationalist China will lose the ability to conquer the Communists early, therefore Communist China wouldn't need all the excessive God-knows-where they-came-from 36' infantry divisions. Six 18' divisions will be historical and will be enough defend their territory but wouldn't be able to expand as well.

Comment?

It shouldn't be an automatic declaration but more of a "21 demands" mark 2. Basically, if the coasts are left undefended Japan issues a demand to Nat China for land (Hainan, Tianjin, basically 3 or 4 coastal provinces). Nationalist China can accept, ceding the land, getting a massive dissent hit. but avoiding war. Alternatively, they can say no, prompting an 60% chance that Japan declares war. Basically,the chinese player will have to choose between the disease of the heart or disease of the skin.

Foreigners will stop telling China what to do when China stops blaming them for their problems.

An excellent suggestion Porkman but still, to avoid total exploitation of the AI with a too early war, perhaps SOME troops can still be locked down. We aren't talking large numbers, just key points. This is also to prevent the CHC from going crazy with their internal invasion too early. A lesser concern but it is one nonetheless. Another way of going about this would be a simple event or two to give CHC some troops once they have joined the United Front, rather than have all those MTN and '36 at the start. I understand a logical issue exists of, "where did those troops come from" but, without them CHC is an easy target. It can be easily justified with the idea of CHI army defections to the CHC cause.

Also, I have a few suggestions and solutions:

Industry transfer event chains. AI chance should be moved to 99% because if they choose not to, this actually contributes to an easy capture of CHI. Consider that CHI gains resources and easier protection vs. less resources and a RAPID IC loss once Japan takes some coastal areas. When I play Japan, I laugh very hard when they choose not to move. As a CHI player, I ALWAYS move the industry.

CHI has cores on Mongolia but, CHC does not? Unless there is some compelling reason not to, I add the cores when playing CHC(which isn't often I admit).

For the Japan AI, we need to adjust it a *little* bit so they don't totally bog down at the Yellow River. This defensive line causes Japan to actually lose territory because China can gather far more troops in the CHC areas to push them back while being totally defensible. Japan sitting behind the Yellow river still in '41 is horrible AI. I am not suggesting we allow Japan to roll over China, I am simply saying the line should move a bit more than it does initially. Also, they rarely attempt any southern landings as soon as China gathers its hordes by the Yellow River. Sadly, I am horrible at AI tweaks. Please someone look into this...

A possible issue:

Is it intended for CHI to receive the Sino-Axis alliance event if they are puppeted? It would seem inappropriate possibly... I mean other countries involved with your puppet? :)

Code:
event = {
	id = 2453
	random = no
	country = CHI

name = "Sino-Axis Alliance"
	desc = "We have allied with the Axis and they have sent advisers to aid us!"
        picture = "ch_axis"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1936 }
		offset = 7
		deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1954 }

trigger = {
		alliance = { country = CHI country = GER }
		random = 30
		}

action_a = {
		name = "Good"
		command = { type = waketeam  which = 1051 } #Luftwaffe Beraterschaft
		command = { type = waketeam  which = 1005 } #Alexander von Falkenhausen
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 50304 } #Alexander von Falkenhausen
	}
}

Maybe add a not is puppet in the trigger unless of course, this is intentional.

CyrusSpitama said:
suggestions ....

My way would allow you to nerf the commies as it would force Nat. China to keep a little over half their forces in the east defending the coast, or face a declaration of war.

As for Mongolia, Stalin and the Comintern helped the CCP a lot. Part of that help was conditional on Mao keeping quiet about this soviet puppet state called Mongolia, carved out of Chinese territory.

Alright, actually sat down and wrote some events. After putting them into the game I for some reason kept getting this message while I was loading a new game to see how the events work.

message.jpg

So this is the event that went wrong:

####################################################
# Nationalist forces assault Xi'an
####################################################

event = {
id = 4112
random = no
country = CHI

name = "Nationalist forces assault Xi'an"
desc = "After a series of heavy debates, the hawkish Nationalists in Nanjing, represented by Minister of Military Affairs He Yingqin, has reached a consensus within the party concerning the solution of the Xi'an Incident. Days after the outbreak of the Incident, Nationalist forces bordering the city of Xi'an began attacking the rebels. After fierce battles and heavy bombardments, the Northeast Army of Zhang Xueliang had been destroyed and with the traitors arrested. Unfortunately the Generalissimo and the officers who were kidnapped had been found dead in the aftermath of Xi’an Incident. It was unknown that whether the Leader was executed by the rebels or was “accidentally” killed during the bombardments against the city."
picture = "peace_talks"

trigger = {
event = 90
control = { province = 1269 data = CHI }
}

action_a = {
name = "We mourn for the perished Leader"
command = { type = trigger which = 4103 } # Nationalist forces assault Xi'an
command = { type = end_non_aggression which = CHC where = CHI }
}

}

Is there anything wrong with the red highlighted part? Because that's the line the game keeps refusing to load, and I can't seem to find any error out of that line.

clanjay1989 said:
Alright, actually sat down and wrote some events. After putting them into the game I for some reason kept getting this message while I was loading a new game to see how the events work.

message.jpg

So this is the event that went wrong:

Is there anything wrong with the red highlighted part? Because that's the line the game keeps refusing to load, and I can't seem to find any error out of that line.
Check the event before that one for a missing bracket "}". The error is happening there, but is being caused earlier in the file.

What [B@W] Abominus is saying is that an event description cannot have too many characters or it just makes errors. Try cutting the text down to just a single word and see if the error still happens. Save your original text of course and then trim it down if the event no longer errors :)

So...............................................

Do we have any plans on adjusting anything? There are several issues and suggestions up on the board atm. I will PM Mib so that he will get more involved :p

Yes problem solved now. I am actually giving some tests and the initial results turned out satisfying. And obviously sharing ideas will be great! Right now I'm thinking about improving the Xi'an incident event into a longer event chain which will provide more options and paths, but to tell the truth I think it's really difficult to stimulate the situation. Or maybe I'm just not good enough in modding events. :(

Hello all,

CyrusSpitama said:
Was anything discussed regarding CCIP mod changes or were y'all just gabbing?
Nah, we were just making disparaging remarks about ocean devils.

CyrusSpitama said:
Mib, was there any particular goals you had for upcoming updates?
Well. Initially, the plan for v0.2 was:
- to include a sanitized (ie. accurate and complete) leader/minister/techteam roster
- to fix new and existing bugs present in ACCIP v0.1
- to change several troublesome event chains, eg. Xi'an incident, warlord gangbang
- to include a new doctrine tree

The first objective now seems too demanding (read: I'm lazy), so the current goals, I think, are #2 and #3. #1 has been completed reasonably thoroughly, (3 or 4 bugs fixed, which for a small mod like this is a lot :eek:o ) #2-4 though, I haven't mustered the will to tackle them just yet. :eek:o

Here, let me copy the latest entries from the changelog:
Version 0.2 by Miborovsky
-Ensured compatibility with DDA1.2
-Fixed initial chc_Xian.ai loading bug
-Gave CHC choice in United Front event
-New event regarding the Panchen Lama's death
-Corrected Lin Biao's name in CHC tech team file
-Gave CHI and CHC option in Fading Sun event to regain ownership of mainland provinces AND continue war with Japan
-CHI starts with extensive spying network in itself
-Fixed CHC Tibet auto-annexation event (2497)
-Changed TIB starting relations and some sliders
-Gave some defense buildings to Shanghai and Suzhou (1237 1236)
-Optional shields/flags/propaganda posters now included in GFX pack -Changed Joseph Stilwell tech team wake event to a more reasonable date
-Slightly decreased TTH of unification ultimatum event for CHI
-Modified JAP event 43 so that it no longer gives USA control of JAP when another country conquers it, also preventing USSR from triggering CHI's "vacuum in Manchuria" event
-Wang Ao-li is now correctly an air leader
-Event 2470 to wake tech team Sun Li-jen (1047) is deprecated and tech team now wakes in 1942 and sleeps in 1955
-Changed Japanese manpower to scale (thanks to xtfoster's analysis)

todo
- autoannexation of shanxi would transfer ownership of occupied provinces to Japan
- TAC names are ESC names, but this is a general bug

clanjay1989 said:
Concerning the release of a Chinese HOI2...I believe there's a traditional Chinese version released in Taiwan already.
Is it a recent release? I know there's a sinification pack, so it's doubtful that the amateur modders who made that would be motivated if there was an official Chinese version.

On a tangent, everyone who reads Chinese should check this out. Can't wait for it to get released...

clanjay1989 said:
And to be honest, it's really hateful that foreigners tell us what we should do. They should sit home, play HOI, beat China up, and Tibet shall be free as they wish. Too bad this obviously won't happen in real life, though. :)
Well, cut them some slack. I know I beat Japan and SU up and unite all Eurasia under the stainless steel boots of Generalissimo-Chairman-Principal-President Chiang every game, and pray in my sleep to the fickle gods of alternate history to transport me to such a timeline... so let them fantasize... :p

clanjay1989 said:
And I really hope what we've discussed so far will be taken seriously. Paradox designed China way too bad and we've got to have that fixed!
By who? P'dox incorporated CCIP's unit name listing in an official patch, I don't remember if there's anything else. It's not very likely that there will be another patch, either. But of course, I'll take this very seriously. *puts on serious face*

理想的中国 said:
Please fix the communist china skin download link.
Which one?

Porkman said:
Foreigners will stop telling China what to do when China stops blaming them for their problems.
I agree with your general sentiment, but there should be blame where blame is due. The problem is with Chinese people blaming, but not doing anything else. Case in point: Nanking Massacre. Much whining and tantrum-throwing. No credible reaction. But I digress. :p

CyrusSpitama said:
Industry transfer event chains. AI chance should be moved to 99% because if they choose not to, this actually contributes to an easy capture of CHI. Consider that CHI gains resources and easier protection vs. less resources and a RAPID IC loss once Japan takes some coastal areas. When I play Japan, I laugh very hard when they choose not to move. As a CHI player, I ALWAYS move the industry.
Perhaps the player should be able to move those industry at a loss. Hauling machinery on donkey carts is not particularly safe. This should create some incentive to possibly choose to not move them. The AI probably needs those IC pretty badly, though.

CyrusSpitama said:
CHI has cores on Mongolia but, CHC does not? Unless there is some compelling reason not to, I add the cores when playing CHC(which isn't often I admit).
CHC/PRC did recognize the legitimacy of the Mongolian Republic. CHI/ROC does not.

CyrusSpitama said:
For the Japan AI, we need to adjust it a *little* bit so they don't totally bog down at the Yellow River. This defensive line causes Japan to actually lose territory because China can gather far more troops in the CHC areas to push them back while being totally defensible. Japan sitting behind the Yellow river still in '41 is horrible AI. I am not suggesting we allow Japan to roll over China, I am simply saying the line should move a bit more than it does initially. Also, they rarely attempt any southern landings as soon as China gathers its hordes by the Yellow River. Sadly, I am horrible at AI tweaks. Please someone look into this...
I wouldn't touch AI with a 10-foot pole... Sorry, entirely hopeless at modifying AI.

CyrusSpitama said:
A possible issue:

Is it intended for CHI to receive the Sino-Axis alliance event if they are puppeted? It would seem inappropriate possibly... I mean other countries involved with your puppet? :)

Code:
code

Maybe add a not is puppet in the trigger unless of course, this is intentional.
It would make sense iff the puppeteer is a member of the axis as well.

clanjay1989 said:
Try to avoid using "" in event text; I've found they may cause problems. Also ; .

And RE: all the Xi'an Incident/Pre-War situation discussion:

I had in mind a "centralization counter" for CHI, that would affect/determine a lot of things including Xi'an Incident, 1936 Civil War, warlord annexation etc.

Initially, many of CHI's divisions would be locked down, and only the Principal's most loyal (ie. Whampoa/Chiang clique) divisions would be available for command. The centralization rating provides an easy way to show how much control the Principal had on his generals in the Central Army. As the rating increases, (the first few levels at least,) divisions will be unlocked. Important events will affect the rating. For example, going to war with Japan will increase it a lot. Pandering to the warlords (eg. '36 Civil War) will decrease it (or at least not increase it). I'll probably have to create some new events for it. When it gets sufficiently high, warlords may start to get annexed.

As for Xi'an. I'm thinking about giving CHC insanely high GDE (3?) and a small militia army. That way they should be no threat to CHI and vice versa. Works in theory, but will have to experiment. Also the date gets pushed back to Dec 36.

Well, that's all I have so far. Thoughts?

As far as I know, the owner of the sinification pack was actually the one who contributed in translating the official game released there.

I've been tested with custom Xi'an events lately. And although not as 100% as I expected(due to the fact that some event commands don't work), but I realized it would be fun and somehow favor a CHC player. CHC forces are reduced to their historical size; Troops that were on the Shaanxi-Gansu front are locked down to stimulate their refusal to fight. One ahistorical option is added which gives you the chance to get rid of the Communists after the Xi'an incident but definitely will take risk and great loss. Early peace events with the Communists, and blah blah blah...There is more that has to be added, that's for sure.

Anyone interested in testing could download what I have done so far and of course Mib should take a look at it.

Download Link

And how does that centralization rating work in game?

clanjay1989 said:
As far as I know, the owner of the sinification pack was actually the one who contributed in translating the official game released there.

I've been tested with custom Xi'an events lately. And although not as 100% as I expected(due to the fact that some event commands don't work), but I realized it would be fun and somehow favor a CHC player. CHC forces are reduced to their historical size; Troops that were on the Shaanxi-Gansu front are locked down to stimulate their refusal to fight. One ahistorical option is added which gives you the chance to get rid of the Communists after the Xi'an incident but definitely will take risk and great loss. Early peace events with the Communists, and blah blah blah...There is more that has to be added, that's for sure.

Anyone interested in testing could download what I have done so far and of course Mib should take a look at it.

Download Link

And how does that centralization rating work in game?
I'll post a technical description when I get home.

Also, HOI3!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111

I will forgive you regarding the AI adjustment for Japan for I too am not so good with AI files :) As for the other things...

Well. Initially, the plan for v0.2 was:
- to include a sanitized (ie. accurate and complete) leader/minister/techteam roster
- to fix new and existing bugs present in ACCIP v0.1
- to change several troublesome event chains, eg. Xi'an incident, warlord gangbang
- to include a new doctrine tree

1) Is the game's set of tech teams and skill values so far off you won't be happy with even a partial tweak for this? How far off is this from being done? You can certainly do this in stages rather than wait for a full overhaul of it in its entirety.

2) What are the current and unresolved bugs? Maybe I can help fix them.

3) I see the Xi'an is being worked on and as for the warlord gangbang. Please list the troubles as you see them and once again, I offer my services to remedy them.

3) new doctrine tree? wut ?

P.S. I intend on getting together a full list of the changes done by CCIP. I do not mean a changelog I mean a up to date list that shows the exact changes that CCIP does to a game of HoI2. It is simpler to see what IS done rather than what may have been done and then changed for purposes of future modding and for new people to the mod.

Also, I propose cleaning up the text files for events and event numbers for the same reasons listed above. Because Paradox sloppily put events all over the places does not mean we should do the same :)

Hey guys, been playing this mod since its first incarnation years ago and still throughly enjoying it :)

One thing that always bothers me is that liberated puppets (Korea, Vietnam, Malaya and so forth). Tend to build nothing but infantry divisions plus the odd militia. Other than going loading up their country via save games and giving them a long queue of fighters/bombers/what-not, i could not find any other way of making them build a 'balanced' military. :wacko:

I have installed DAIM but it only effects only specific major nations. Does anyone know of any AI mods that will give these minors a bit of AI ?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Mib/Clanjay, i have a suggestion for an event but i am only good at editing events and not making brand new ones.

Would it be possible that for example when Nat Chi (most likely) or any other Chinese faction (less likely) accumulate maybe 750 money or more, they will get an event firing to exchange that money for 'Modern Military Equipment'. This stuff will be randomised to either a WW1 light tank, WW1 era plane or a infantry division. There is also the chance of instead getting 'junk' (nothing) from the Western Devils :D and the money instead goes down the drain. What do you think?

If you're interested here's a fix to resolve some bugs relating to Xian--correct leaders slept, correct date, and still give Communist China a war option. It uses the idea (both Tegethoff's and mine) about a defacto truce in May 36. If you instead wish to go ahead with clanjay's idea please take care of a few things--
1) Make sure Zhang Xueliang is slept from all 3 jobs--chief of army, minister of intelligence and his generalship.
2) Make sure Jiang Baili is active in 36 in the China minister files. Otherwise China has no chief of army when Xueliang goes away. Also I made this point also in the Community Data Cleanup Project thread. The fact is that Jiang Baili DIED in 1938. He did not become active in 38. Also Li Zongren and Bai Chongxi should be active ministers in 37 (not in 36 because of Guangxi war)

# new event 9091
##########################################
###Planning the Xi'an incident -CHC
##########################################

event = {
id = 2407
random = no
country = CHC

name = "Planning the Xi'an Incident"
desc = "We have been offered to take part in a plan to kidnap Chang Kai-Shek and force The Republic of China to end this struggle and unite our efforts against the threat of Japanese imperialism."
picture = "chinese_incident"

trigger = {
war = { country = CHI country = CHC }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CHI country = GER } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CHI country = JAP } }
random = 30
}

date = { day = 0 month = march year = 1936 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { day = 30 month = november year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = "We want peace"
ai_chance = 99
command = { type = ai which = "switch/chc_xian.ai" }#no effect unless CCIP installed
command = { type = trigger which = 9092 }
}

action_b = {
name = "Who is Zhang Xueliang?"
ai_chance = 1
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = ai which = "chc_1936.ai" }#no effect unless CCIP installed
command = { type = sleepevent which = 90 }
}
}
event = {
id = 9092
random = no
country = CHI

name = "Peace Feelers"
desc = "Although the campaign against the Communists continued, Chiang's son was hostage of Stalin in the Soviet Union, and Chiang was dependent on Soviet aid in restoring order in Xinjiang, so a rapprochement was sought with the Communists. Chiang ordered two local warlords, Yang Hucheng, whose wife was a communist, and Zhang Xueliang, to secretly continue the suppression campaign. Yang and Zhang later precipitated the Xi'an incident."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = EVT_90_ACTA
ai_chance = 100
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = peace which = CHC value = 0 }#defacto
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = 1 }
command = { type = relation which = CHC value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = CSX value = 20 }
command = { type = relation which = CGX value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = CYN value = 5 }
command = { type = relation which = CXB value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = SIK value = 15 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No deals with Bolsheviks!"
ai_chance = 0
command = { type = dissent value = 10 } #loss of support (mainly Manchurian exiles)
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = 2 }
command = { type = relation which = SOV value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = GER value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = CHC value = -20 }
command = { type = relation which = CGX value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = CSX value = -10 }
command = { type = relation which = CYN value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = CXB value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = SIk value = -5 }
command = { type = sleepleader which = 50340 } #Yang Hucheng
command = { type = sleepevent which = 90 } #real Xian
command = { type = sleepevent which = 91 } #Alt Unified Front
}
}

################################
# The real Xi'an incident on the real date
# sleeping the real perpetrators
################################
event = {
id = 90
random = no
country = CHI

name = EVT_90_NAME
desc = EVT_90_DESC
style = 0

trigger = {
headofgovernment = 52002 # Chiang Kai Shek
# does not matter if at war or not with CHC
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = JAP } }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = CGX } }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = CSX } }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = CYN} }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = CXB} }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = SIK} }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CHI country = GER } }
}

date = { day = 11 month = december year = 1936 }

action_a = {
name = EVT_90_ACTA
ai_chance = 80
# command = { type = dissent value = -5 } #CHI already got this in 9092
command = { type = peace which = CHC value = 0 }
command = { type = relation which = CHC value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = CSX value = 20 }
command = { type = relation which = CGX value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = CYN value = 5 }
command = { type = relation which = CXB value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = SIK value = 15 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 52008 }#Zhang Xueliang
command = { type = sleepminister which = 52084 }#Zhang Xueliang
command = { type = sleepleader which = 50011 } #Zhang Xueliang
# command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 52096 }#Jiang Baili now active

}
action_b = {
name = EVT_90_ACTB
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = dissent value = 15 } #increased by 5 because of 9092
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = -1 }
#change so Xian can logically fire on correct date-nomonhan
command = { type = war which = CHC } #war renewed if not at war
command = { type = relation which = CGX value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = CSX value = -10 }
command = { type = relation which = CYN value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = CXB value = -5 }
command = { type = relation which = SIK value = -5 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 52008 }#Zhang Xueliang
command = { type = sleepminister which = 52084 }#Zhang Xueliang
command = { type = sleepleader which = 50011 } #Zhang Xueliang
# command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 52096 }#Jiang Baili is now active
command = { type = sleepevent which = 9091 }
}
action_c = {
name = EVT_90_ACTC
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = dissent value = 15 } #anti-communist dissent
command = { type = peace which = CHC value = 0 }
command = { type = alliance which = CHC }
command = { type = alliance which = CSX }
command = { type = alliance which = CGX }
command = { type = alliance which = CYN }
command = { type = alliance which = CXB }
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = 2 }
command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = free_market value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 2 }
command = { type = trigger which = 9091 }
}
}
###############################################
# Fixes United Front so Xinjiang decides separately because
# Xinjiang has prior British and Japanese alliance options
# therefore should only join if not part of another alliance
# also CHC decides separately per 2408
###############################################
event = {
id = 91
country = CHI
random = no

trigger = {
OR = {
war = { country = CHI country = JAP }
war = { country = CHC country = JAP }
war = { country = CSX country = JAP }
war = { country = CGX country = JAP }
}
NOT = { alliance = { country = CSX country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CHC country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CGX country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CYN country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = CXB country = JAP } }
OR = {
NOT = { ispuppet = CSX }
puppet = { country = CSX country = CHI }
puppet = { country = CSX country = CHC }
puppet = { country = CSX country = CGX }
puppet = { country = CSX country = CYN }
puppet = { country = CSX country = CXB }
}
OR = {
NOT = { ispuppet = CHC }
puppet = { country = CHC country = CHI }
puppet = { country = CHC country = CSX }
puppet = { country = CHC country = CGX }
puppet = { country = CHC country = CYN }
puppet = { country = CHC country = CXB }
}
OR = {
NOT = { ispuppet = CGX }
puppet = { country = CGX country = CHI }
puppet = { country = CGX country = CSX }
puppet = { country = CGX country = CHC }
puppet = { country = CGX country = CYN }
puppet = { country = CGX country = CXB }
}
OR = {
NOT = { ispuppet = CYN }
puppet = { country = CYN country = CHI }
puppet = { country = CYN country = CSX }
puppet = { country = CYN country = CHC }
puppet = { country = CYN country = CGX }
puppet = { country = CYN country = CXB }
}
OR = {
NOT = { ispuppet = CXB }
puppet = { country = CXB country = CHI }
puppet = { country = CXB country = CSX }
puppet = { country = CXB country = CHC }
puppet = { country = CXB country = CGX }
puppet = { country = CXB country = CYN }
}

}

name = EVT_91_NAME
desc = EVT_91_DESC
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1937 }
offset = 14
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1942 }

action_a = {
name = EVT_91_ACTA
ai_chance = 90
command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = 1 }
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = alliance which = CSX }
command = { type = alliance which = CGX }
command = { type = alliance which = CYN }
command = { type = alliance which = CXB }
command = { type = trigger which = 2408 } # CHC decision
}

action_b = {
name = EVT_91_ACTB
ai_chance = 10
command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = -1 }
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = relation which = CHC value = -10 }
command = { type = relation which = CSX value = -15 }
command = { type = relation which = CGX value = -10 }
}

}
#########################################
# Xinjiang joins Chinese alliance against JAP or SOV
#########################################
event = {
id = 9091
random = no
country = SIK

name = "Xinjiang Joins United Front"
desc = "Xinjiang joins the United Front"
style = 0
trigger = {
alliance = { country = CHI country = CYN }
alliance = { country = CHI country = CXB }
NOT = { war = { country = CHI country = CHC } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = CHI } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = CHC } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = JAP } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = ENG } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = SOV } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = SIK country = GER } }
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1964 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = alliance which = CHI }

}
}
This also takes care of some Xinjiang issues. If anyone ever tries to play Xinjiang you will notice it has options to ally with either the British or Japanese.

I also recommend the following (have written these)
1) New event CHI annexing Xinjiang in 1941 once Barbarossa gets into full swing--based on real history. If you load the 1944 scenario you will notice that this area is officially owned by Nationalist China.
2)also based on real history--New events to
a) After Japanese surrender to allies--give Nationalist China Indochina north of the 16th parallel, and Britain the part to the south. This was traded back to the French in return for France getting out of Shanghai.
b) Because of 2a), Long Yun was tricked by Chiang out of leaving his capital open, thinking he could expand his domain into Indochina. Chiang's troops occupied the Yunnan capital, replacing him with Du Yuming, effectively annexing Yunnan.
c) return all of Indochina to France in 1946 after 2b)

ALSO CONSIDER whether China should have the blueprint for 36 infantry at game start. After all they had von Falkenhausen at the time. This might make AI Japan not run over AI China so often.

Last edited:
After all I find everybody's idea is great. If Mib agrees, I think people should start coordinating in improving this awesome mod. It's always good to have multiple people than just one single person doing respective work...