• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Event question: is there any way to not have the "United Front" event make peace before the option is chose? I was just playing a (very lucky) CHC campaign and had Lord Chiang in a corner when this event fired, leaving me back at square one. This makes the People sad :(

edit: I opened the HoI2.txt event file and commented out the "peace which = CHC" from event #91. I played again and everything seems fine.

Last edited:
I am in the process of researching all CHI generals, and since a lot of them IRL defected to CHC after they lost the mainland (or even before), I don't think there'll be a lack of leaders for a post-Civil War CHC.
Any ETA for the next patch with that feature? I'm planning on a Communist China AAR with your mod.

Wong Fei Hong said:
Off the top of my head, Fu Zuoyi and Zhang Zhizhong both defected to the Communists.
That is correct. As did many other Chinese generals. :mad:
Moltke said:
Event question: is there any way to not have the "United Front" event make peace before the option is chose? I was just playing a (very lucky) CHC campaign and had Lord Chiang in a corner when this event fired, leaving me back at square one. This makes the People sad :(

edit: I opened the HoI2.txt event file and commented out the "peace which = CHC" from event #91. I played again and everything seems fine.
IIRC you could decline to form the United Front. It gives some dissent but allows you to plan your world conquest without getting entangled in the war with Japan.
KorPlayer said:
Any ETA for the next patch with that feature? I'm planning on a Communist China AAR with your mod.
Unfortunately, no. But I do have 3 months of summer break so... I'll get stuff done. :p

mib said:
IIRC you could decline to form the United Front. It gives some dissent but allows you to plan your world conquest without getting entangled in the war with Japan.
I think what he meant was:

A) He was already at war with NatChi.
B) The NatChi event fired and ended the war (forcing him to give up ALL of his gains).
C) THEN he was asked if he would like to join the United Front.

xtfoster said:
I think what he meant was:

A) He was already at war with NatChi.
B) The NatChi event fired and ended the war (forcing him to give up ALL of his gains).
C) THEN he was asked if he would like to join the United Front.
I see... I'll go check the event files.

EDIT: I've looked at the event and fixed the issue. :p

Last edited:
To mib or whomever:
I made 25 new CHC generals with leader pics. A couple of notes, however. First I intended them only to be placeholders, as I needed generals badly for my campaign and know next to nothing about the PRC's struggle. Second, I found a page which profiled PRC generals who served during the Korean War. I took 25 of them and adapted them for my purposes in HoI2. I have no idea how they distinguished themselves before Korea, but I assumed by their ages (mostly 50ish) that they were all quite active in the CCP prior.

I made them low skill and rank and gave them no traits since I know nothing about any of them. Once they were in the game I checked to see if they were duplicated and to the best of my knowledge they weren't.

With that said, I'm offering them to the CCIP, if for nothing else than temporary placeholders until the real deal arrives.

[Here's the page I took them from: http://www.paulnoll.com/Korea/War/Chinese-General-choices-1.html ]

Moltke said:
To mib or whomever:
I made 25 new CHC generals with leader pics. A couple of notes, however. First I intended them only to be placeholders, as I needed generals badly for my campaign and know next to nothing about the PRC's struggle. Second, I found a page which profiled PRC generals who served during the Korean War. I took 25 of them and adapted them for my purposes in HoI2. I have no idea how they distinguished themselves before Korea, but I assumed by their ages (mostly 50ish) that they were all quite active in the CCP prior.

I made them low skill and rank and gave them no traits since I know nothing about any of them. Once they were in the game I checked to see if they were duplicated and to the best of my knowledge they weren't.

With that said, I'm offering them to the CCIP, if for nothing else than temporary placeholders until the real deal arrives.

[Here's the page I took them from: http://www.paulnoll.com/Korea/War/Chinese-General-choices-1.html ]
Yes, please post them.

KeldorKatarn said:
Got a question here. What status does this MOD have right now? What's done and what still needs to be done? Is is to a certain degree complete?
Not to speak for MiB but...Is any mod ever complete?
It is for the most part complete, but that doesn't mean that it can't be improved.

KeldorKatarn said:
Got a question here. What status does this MOD have right now? What's done and what still needs to be done? Is is to a certain degree complete?
It's a WIP and will be for the foreseeable future, so no, it's not complete.

What's done are vastly improved event chains, new leaders, techteams and ministers, improved historically-accurate names for divisions and armies, historically-accurate OOB setups, and much more (tm).

What needs to be done is whatever can be improved.

Moltke said:
Download here.

Feel free to change them, discard them, and/or ridicule them as you please. :p
Thank you.
KorPlayer said:
Anything I can help with mib? I'm dying to get your next patch with the leaders so I can start my AAR. I have some free time, so I can probably do some research or whatever you want.
Are you good at reading Chinese and doing some basic google searches in Chinese?

mib said:
Thank you.

Are you good at reading Chinese and doing some basic google searches in Chinese?

I am Chinese, and that's what I do everyday! :D

clanjay1989 said:
I am Chinese, and that's what I do everyday! :D
Is that an offer to help? If it is, I can definitely put you to work right now... :p
KorPlayer said:
Uhhh... no. I was hoping to research some english sources (which are pretty scarce I know)
Hmmm... I don't have much in English that needs researching... I'll try to find something...

mib said:
Is that an offer to help? If it is, I can definitely put you to work right now... :p

Hmmm... I don't have much in English that needs researching... I'll try to find something...

It's sad that despite having the internet around for quite a while no so many ressources are still not publicly available in all the most common languages. Not just concerning this.
It's also a mess to find information about Japanese minister changes in english or German, while you can find information about US-elections way back including planned cabinets of the losers.

mib said:

Well, you can take it as a yes of course! ;)

KeldorKatarn said:
It's sad that despite having the internet around for quite a while no so many ressources are still not publicly available in all the most common languages. Not just concerning this.
It's also a mess to find information about Japanese minister changes in english or German, while you can find information about US-elections way back including planned cabinets of the losers.

And in this case, researching stuff while not having many English sources requires bilinguals! :D