• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a different way to install gip to arm? Both times ive tried it wont even let me start the game after ive done it...ive followed the instructions on the website.

kdw813 said:
Is there a different way to install gip to arm? Both times ive tried it wont even let me start the game after ive done it...ive followed the instructions on the website.

I've had no issues. Are you fully patched? Maybe try downloading it again?

Nice guide! The more results are packed together in larger packages the better it is in my opinion.

BTW does anyone know what graphic packs or mods Cpack's Icons and Scytth & Kristoff`s models are included in?

question regarding Model Images

Hi everyone

I'm new in playing HOI, slowly but surely getting to grips with it... fascinating stuff

Coming from TOAWIII I know the joy of modding scenarios, graphics etc

I have a question regarding Model Images...

They're supposed to go into the Interface/Models folder

But I notice that some also exist straight in the upper-laying Interface folder itself...
ill_bri_0_0.bmp till ill_bri_14_0.bmp and
ill_div_0_0.bmp till ill_div_29_0.bmp

These are generic ones if I'm correct

Does it serve any purpose having the same files in two folders? Can I safely delete the ones in the interface folder?

Sigh if only dmo wa sin english and i chould understand how to get it downloaded o well

wow, very nice. is there a guide or something like that as to how to make your own floating around? i can't find it on the wiki. thanks ^_^

anybody know if there is a working english interface to register on the Design Mod Project site? their english language/translation links just take me some where other than english registration.

edit: nm, figured it out

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
hm I belive the flag representing germany should have a swastika in it. Just because some countries are so sensitive about it, doesnt mean others are. At best have 2 versions.

Having an issue, thought this might be a good thread to ask in...

I converted Sexxileaders (new prettier minister/leader pics) from 24 bit to 8 bit... now they "highlight" when you hover over them with your cursor. They look fine in the diplomacy window. However, they appear garbled when they are the actual commander of a division/flotilla/squadron. They appear fine in the LIST of military leaders, though.

Any help? This is upsetting. Here are screenshots...

clp1e.jpg
clp2y.jpg

Guderian appears fine on the left.... But something is wrong with him on the right :(

Last edited:
Not that I know of... But it should be relatively easy: load, copy, new (B&W, background contents set to transparent), paste, save. At least in Photoshop that is.

Atruejedi said:
Ugh. I searched the HOI2 directory and found two .pal files... is there any way I can do a batch conversion of the 200 odd pictures I've already made?

i use paint shop pro X and there is this function if its only about adding the palette to leaderpics, 5 minutes and you are done with the 200:D.

but i think every photo program should have this function somewhere where you can record some actions, save it and use it for a lot of pictures.

Hagar is right the palette is missing, i think b&w pictures which are 2.81 KB big need it while colour pictures need sth like 6 KB which is a lot in the long run. b&w pics 6 KB big i a bit a waste of HD space...

i use paint shop pro X and there is this function if its only about adding the palette to leaderpics, 5 minutes and you are done with the 200:D.

but i think every photo program should have this function somewhere where you can record some actions, save it and use it for a lot of pictures.

Hagar is right the palette is missing, i think b&w pictures which are 2.81 KB big need it while colour pictures need sth like 6 KB which is a lot in the long run. b&w pics 6 KB big i a bit a waste of HD space...

Care to help a brother out, then? How exactly would I go about doing this? How do I add a palette? Where do I get the palette? Etc.

I'd really appreciate it!

hi,

basically it is simple if you can save palettes. take a normal leaderpic which comes with the original game and save this one (the palette of this pic), then if your self made picture is ready, load this palette and copy it in your pic.

just take care your results are 2.81 KB big, not bigger. withmoreleaderpics you'll add a hill of bites on your computer.

btw, heres a leaderpic tutorial

http://www.stonyroad.de/data/website/tutorials/leaderpics/tutorial_leaderpics.html

and if you need a few more leaderpics look here:

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8853&page=3

ok end of spamming around, in case you cant manage it PM me please,

(but basically Hagar gave you the link already which explains it all?)