• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rodrico Stak said:
This seems like the best place to ask this:

BeBro - I'm thinking about making a compendium of all the best sprites for HoI2, may I include yours? Full credit will be given, of course.
I think you'd better PM him. This isn't his thread, you know.

TheCrimsonMajor said:
I think you'd better PM him. This isn't his thread, you know.
You know, I should have thought about PMing him... and now that I think about it, I really should have. And, yes, this probably isn't the right place, but it provided a useful bump, and I don't really remember why I posted it here anyway (probably has something to do with the fact that I was in a hurry to find the right place)

And yes, I'm still on vacation. This was posted from a public computer.

This really does belong here:

I think that you should consider replacing your links to BeBro's sprites with a link to my HoI2 Sprites Compendium (in my signature). It includes all of the sprites that you link to, as well as more sprites.

Oh dear, I guess I'm just a poor searcher, but I didn't really find anything nice, except those Ostheim's icons, truly beutiful works of art I must say. Hopefully There will be ones of similar quality for other nations too (like Finland :D )

I was mainly looking for sprites though. Some kind of infantry sprite, preferrably containing a group of 3 guys, like the original HoI DD sprite, but it'd be nice if they had some kind of camouflaged Tarnjacke or whatever it was. Or then the basic Heer uniform. Und vereinbar farbige Stahlhelme mit denen auch! :D

It would also be cool if each of the 3 men in the sprite held different weapons; one would have an MG, the other would have a rifle, and the third would have an SMG. Or maybe the 2 could have the MG, a loader and the shooter, and the remaining one would just shoot his rifle while standing.

Mountain troops would be nice to have with snowsuits and white helmets. With MP40s. Just like in that one commando comic episode. I think it was called 'The Viking shield', it was about some Scandinavian ss-skijägers who had to fetch the shield from somewhere in Soviet Karelia I believe.

You probably have no idea what i'm rambling about but check the wiki articleKORKEAJÄNNITYS ISKEE!!(the wiki article) , and yes, i'm from Finland, Commando Comics strike like a million volts! :D

I should probably send that questionaire back to the Finnish publisher, so I could perhaps voice my opinion about them, mostly something like favourite time periods in them, themes and so on. Damn good comics by the way. I bought a big box of them from the Internet. Though I'm really considering about making a few year subscription of them.

Also some good looking panzer-, mechanized-, and motorized division skins would be welcomed. I'd like the actual panzer sprite to be either a pzkpfw IV Ausführung H, or the Panther tank, or the Königstiger, or the normal Tiger. Hard to actually decide...

With this kind of woodland-stylish camouflage pattern though

G'day and sorry!

Well, for your sprites problem I'd say that you should use my HoI2 Sprites Compendium... but each sprite only has 1 person in it :( But the mountaineer sprite looks very close to what you described... as does the paratrooper sprite (they are the same so far)

This is madness. Why hasn't this been stickied? I do have a question though. I've downloaded the DMP pack with the German generals and ministers. The pack comes with interface graphics that I find ugly. But the whole thing comes with an auto installer. How do I extract only the generals and ministers?

Nobody seems to have noticed my post a few back, so I'll repeat myself to save people the trouble of wondering what I am talking about:

You should add my Sprites Compendium with the other sprites in your guide. It includes all of the sprites that you link to, as well as many, many more (to the point where NO vanilla sprites remain!)

Rodrico Stak said:
Nobody seems to have noticed my post a few back, so I'll repeat myself to save people the trouble of wondering what I am talking about:

You should add my Sprites Compendium with the other sprites in your guide. It includes all of the sprites that you link to, as well as many, many more (to the point where NO vanilla sprites remain!)

Agree :D

Outerheaven said:
I've downloaded the DMP pack with the German generals and ministers.The pack comes with interface graphics that I find ugly. But the whole thing comes with an auto installer. How do I extract only the generals and ministers?
Very simple: just install the thing into another folder and snatch the wanted files form there.

Rodrico Stak said:
Sure, I`ll give it a mention in the first post. Though personally I don`t quite see the point of infusing hoi1 sprites into hoi2.