• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(77703)

Recruit
Jun 5, 2007
I'm finding the EU3 music very bland.
I loved the EU2 music and I was able to edit the arrangements - like having the Falalalan thingy in all centuries :)

Can I edit the musical score in EU3? I can see the .mp3's but no text file for changing the arrangements.

well thats simple....

Take your songs you want to implement into this and rename them appropriately.
Then erase (or place somewhere else for safe keeping) all the old music files,
Then put the songs you want into the folder where the old EU3 music files were...

I can't see any reason that would not work.

Of course it could be tedious trying to get them to all play when and where you want them to... you would have to check them, then refer back to when and where you remembered them playing... yada yada.... :)

Shiggs said:
well thats simple....

Take your songs you want to implement into this and rename them appropriately.
Then erase (or place somewhere else for safe keeping) all the old music files,
Then put the songs you want into the folder where the old EU3 music files were...

I can't see any reason that would not work.

Of course it could be tedious trying to get them to all play when and where you want them to... you would have to check them, then refer back to when and where you remembered them playing... yada yada.... :)
It's a bit more complicated as the music in EUIII is set to play at certian points in the game and any music you switch with them will only play when the original would.
IIRC you even have to retain the names of the original music.

Really?? They hardcoded the names of the songs into the executable?? Hmm, Paradox, can this please be made more easily modable in one of the future patches? For instance, you could introduce a text file like in EU2 where we could specify in which century we want a particular piece of music to be played (15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, any). Alternatively we could just have 5 subfolders in the music directory (one for each of 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th century, or any).

doodle4name said:
I loved the EU2 music and I was able to edit the arrangements - like having the Falalalan thingy in all centuries :)

ARE YOU MAD!!! :p

doodle4name said:

Me too :)

Linku said:
No, he's a genius...
AND I can provide him with alternative versions of FALALALAN if he wants :D

That song really annoyed me while playing eu2. I often thought "please game, a little faster to the next century!" I know I could have changed the music, but mostly I just turned off the music in early games. :p :rolleyes:

I miss "falalalalalalalan". Had a great medieval feel to it. And I agree, that the music for EU3 is not up to snuff compared to the great tunes they had in EU2.

Kid Charlemagne said:
I miss "falalalalalalalan". Had a great medieval feel to it. And I agree, that the music for EU3 is not up to snuff compared to the great tunes they had in EU2.

And Johan broke his promis with falalalalalaan to EU 3! :mad:

Kid Charlemagne said:

+1
I started up EU2 just to see what the difference was (it's been a while since I played it).
The mood music in EU2 is fantastic - I'm missing it in EU3.