+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Theatrum Orbis Terrarum map mod version 1.2

I got it to work now, seems that i put the files to wrong folder

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Again downloaded, I love that mod, though I would wish it would go even further. Units, etc..
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

Financial Director tretii_sleva's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I like you map, it's certainly step up from vanilla map. Tell me, is there a way to remove those lego looking province/state borders and replace them with normal looking borders or is ti something un doable?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Being worshipped in a Phillip K. Dick novel
    Quote Originally Posted by tretii_sleva
    I like you map, it's certainly step up from vanilla map. Tell me, is there a way to remove those lego looking province/state borders and replace them with normal looking borders or is ti something un doable?
    I think doing so would change the checksum, thereby making this excellent mod unusable for MP
    Macedonia in Alea Iacta Est (EU:R)
    Ottoman Empire in Bi-Weekly Campaign - Trying it Twice (EU3:IN)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

-George Bernard Shaw

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Irae
    I think doing so would change the checksum, thereby making this excellent mod unusable for MP
    So everyone use it, problem solved.
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club

Ok Pishtaco, first of all thanks for your persistence with an idiot like me. Second...IT WORKS! YAY!

I was highlighting all of the .dds files and then extracting them into the correct folder, but how I later noticed, it was extracting the ENTIRE FOLDER, not just those highlighted .dds (and the .fx files too...) files into the right folder, so of course it couldn't work. Haha...looks great. Thanks
    Last edited by Mavs; 02-06-2007 at 15:20.
    MSN and Email: mavsman22690@hotmail.com

„Glaubensfreiheit für die Welt, rettete bei Breitenfeld – Gustav Adolf, Christ und Held. Am 7. September 1631."

"La garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas!"

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs
    Ok Pishtaco, first of all thanks for your persistence with an idiot like me. Second...IT WORKS! YAY!

I was highlighting all of the .dds files and then extracting them into the correct folder, but how I later noticed, it was extracting the ENTIRE FOLDER, not just those highlighted .dds (and the .fx files too...) files into the right folder, so of course it couldn't work. Haha...looks great. Thanks
    No problem, glad you like it.
    The Dream of Macsen - a short history of Wales
    Theatrum Orbis Terrarum graphics mod for EU3

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by dharper
    Minor request: do you think you could re-package the .zip file so you can simply stick it in your EU3 directory and tell it to expand and have everything go where it's supposed to? I think this would probably help cut down on questions a great deal, and as long as you tell people to keep backups, I think you should be safe.
    Seconded. I like your mod, but you could improve usability a little, especially for mod newbies.
    As for the backup, I don't think it'd be a problem to include a backup in the zip file.

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

Yuri Spectaculov I Killed Kenny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The Exiled

looks very very cool mate...

Ok, in patch 1.3 this works with the mod switcher . Thanks very much to the developers.

I will repackage it and change the download in the original post. Now there's no excuse not to try it.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    problem is that you can't run two mods at the same time
    (or can you?)

regardless, I continue to use TOT
    "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth, more than ruin, more even than death... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
    Bertrand Russell

"Between thinking about one's next term in office and thinking about the next generation was a difference in attitude that could save entire world - or condemn it."

Hope still remains.

"You would be well advised to question the wisdom of your leaders." Adm. Aken Bosch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Ivan80
    problem is that you can't run two mods at the same time
    (or can you?)

regardless, I continue to use TOT
    You can still just install it over the original game files. I've put in a note about that.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    500k club

Blog Entries
    Love it - however, is there any way to use the vanilla water with TOT? Copying over the colormap_water.dds just resulted in white water.

Quote Originally Posted by Xennik
    Love it - however, is there any way to use the vanilla water with TOT? Copying over the colormap_water.dds just resulted in white water.
    I'm not sure it will work, but try using the old colormap_water.dds, water.fx, noise-2d.dds and borders_2_0.fx. For a compromise level of fanciness, you could also try using these files from TOT version 1.0.

Victoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Pishtaco
    I'm not sure it will work, but try using the old colormap_water.dds, water.fx, noise-2d.dds and borders_2_0.fx. For a compromise level of fanciness, you could also try using these files from TOT version 1.0.
    How is it possible to get this map mod to work with MM 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragabash
    I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I think what you do is copy the TOT files directly into your game directories, as described in the first post above. If this leaves the water looking funny or the whole map looking white or something like that, the problem is probably that MM includes it's own colormap_water.dds file in the map/terrain subfolder of the MM mod directory; you should delete this file.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragabash
    Copy the terrain files into both the normal and MM map\terrain folder, then it should work.

The download link appears to be broken. I checked my cookies and even made them allow everything, still doesn't work. This happening to anyone else?

Deputy Citizen Commisar Dr. Zoidberg's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Seems to be down here as well. However I accessed it without a problem earlier today, so I imagine it is just server maintenance and that it will be back up soon.
    Hono(u)rary Texan

"As a matter of fact, I swallowed one of these about 3 hours ago. The explanation is, that it is infact, my hand"

Putstuff is down for me as well right now. I've put in one more download location in the first post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast