+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Theatrum Orbis Terrarum map mod version 1.2

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Theatrum Orbis Terrarum map mod version 1.2

This as an old version. There is a new one (with a different look) here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=332901

This mod does not work with the In Nomine expansion; see the first post in this thread for a download link to a version of TOT1.2 which will work with In Nomine: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=359352

Features:

-New textures and pixelshaders
    -A cleaner, more stylized, more informative terrain map
    -Smoother colours on the political maps
    -Stationary, simple water and smaller flags

Changes from previous version:

-Version 1.2a (downloadable below) now works with the mod-switcher
    -The water is no longer wavy and shiny; the game should run faster. I have also included an even more basic water effect as an option, but I don't expect it will give any significant performance improvement.
    -Farmland stands out less and is less green
    -Flags slightly less square
    -Borders don't get blotchy when zoomed out
    -Map grain made more even, so that Russia is no longer stripy
    -FOW & TI now line up with province borders
    -FOW slightly darker

Screenshots:

Download (for older versions of EUIII): TOT12a.zip

Installation:

Place the TOT12a folder and the TOT12a.mod file in the mod subdirectory of your Europa Universalis III directory, then activate the mod from the game launcher (this requires patch 1.3 for EU3).

Alternatively, if you would like to use this mod permanently or to combine it with other mods, it may be simplest to overwrite the game files rather than to use the mod switcher. In this case, copy the .fx files from /TOT12a/gfx/FX over the files in the /gfx/FX subdirectory of your EU3 directory, and copy the .dds files from /TOT12a/map/terrain over the files in the /map/terrain subdirectory of your EU3 directory. This will not change your checksum and you will still be able to play multiplayer games. Please make backups of these destination directories first.

Other notes:

This download also includes a file "Paradox_terrain_2_0.fx" for those who would like to use the TOT political map but keep Paradox's terrain map. To use it, rename this file as "terrain_2_0.fx" and use it instead of the TOT terrain_2_0.fx file in the TOT12a/gfx/FX directory. You will also need to remove some of the .dds files from the TOT12a/map/terrain directory: remove every file there except colormap_water.dds, river_body.dds, river_movement.dds, country_border.dds, diag_border.dds, base.dds and noise-2d.dds.

If you are modding country colours and want to change a country's colour to a grey close to 50% grey, do not use exactly the same value for red, green and blue. E.g. use (128,128,127) rather than (128,128,128). Otherwise it will appear as a tan colour in the data map modes.

Bonus download:

I have also made a mod which changes the minimap so that it only displays areas that you know about. There are a couple of issues with this at the moment, and it requires TOT. It can be found here.

(Old thread here)
    Last edited by Pishtaco; 04-09-2010 at 23:47.
    The Dream of Macsen - a short history of Wales
    Theatrum Orbis Terrarum graphics mod for EU3

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks my friend
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox!
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Financial Director tretii_sleva's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

So normally, I can change EU map with this one and run Magna Mundi mod without any troubles, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tretii_sleva
    So normally, I can change EU map with this one and run Magna Mundi mod without any troubles, right?
    Yes.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club

I'll try it with this one :/

Still no changes
    MSN and Email: mavsman22690@hotmail.com

„Glaubensfreiheit für die Welt, rettete bei Breitenfeld – Gustav Adolf, Christ und Held. Am 7. September 1631."

"La garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas!"

Very nice work indeed. Love the "smooth" overall look on the political map.
    Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs
    I'll try it with this one :/

Still no changes
    What version of the graphics are you using now? That is, before you try to install TOT 1.2?

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Great Work!

What is the file I need to keep to have Paradox coastlines?
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    Great Work!

What is the file I need to keep to have Paradox coastlines?
    Glad you like it. If you mean waves rather than hatching, it's beach.fx.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Pishtaco
    Glad you like it. If you mean waves rather than hatching, it's beach.fx.

thx!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Why im getting all the water as white?

Quote Originally Posted by laiziras
    Why im getting all the water as white?
    Are you sure you have installed everything correctly? In particular colormap_water.dds, in the map/terrain subdirectory, should be the one from the TOT download.

ok, i installed it again but now the water is dark blue with light blue spots on it

Quote Originally Posted by laiziras
    ok, i installed it again but now the water is dark blue with light blue spots on it
    Like in the screenshots?

Can this mod be used with an expanded map, or does it only work with the vanilla map?

Max
    Ponglish (Paradox-approved English): mistaking an apple tree for the word "penalty" - and insisting that Webster is an irrelevent authority on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpublic
    Can this mod be used with an expanded map, or does it only work with the vanilla map?

Max
    The files colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds are based on the terrain and the coastlines of the vanilla map; nothing else is based on the vanilla map. So if you run a different map, the sea might look a bit odd around places where the coastlines have changed, and some of the zoomed-out terrain colours might not match the actual terrain you get when zoomed-in.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks again for this, it really enhances many map views IMO.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Want to play as a Sikh? Want Jewish minorities? Want a turbulent Reformation? This mod is for you.
    Game concepts explained on the Wiki
    Current status: 98% complete and compatible with Conquest of Paradise
    Download available April 9, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 10% complete

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Pishtaco
    What version of the graphics are you using now? That is, before you try to install TOT 1.2?
    I haven't changed any graphics settings since I have a Radeon X1600XT so I suppose I use the default ones. The game runs perfectly fine. ><
    MSN and Email: mavsman22690@hotmail.com

„Glaubensfreiheit für die Welt, rettete bei Breitenfeld – Gustav Adolf, Christ und Held. Am 7. September 1631."

"La garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs
    I haven't changed any graphics settings since I have a Radeon X1600XT so I suppose I use the default ones. The game runs perfectly fine. ><
    Okay. All I can think of doing is giving a clearer explanation of the installation instructions, sorry if this is no help: Go to your main EU3 directory (the one containing eu3.exe). From there go to the gfx subdirectory, then from there to the FX subdirectory. You should see a lot of .fx files, dating from when you installed the game. One of them should be terrain_2_0.fx; replace that with the file of the same name from TOT12.zip. Run the game; if something has changed in the graphics, then all is well, install all the other files the same way. If nothing has changed, then I don't know what's going on.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Minor request: do you think you could re-package the .zip file so you can simply stick it in your EU3 directory and tell it to expand and have everything go where it's supposed to? I think this would probably help cut down on questions a great deal, and as long as you tell people to keep backups, I think you should be safe.
    A mod for Europa Universalis IV that enhances religion in the age of faith and reason
    Want to play as a Sikh? Want Jewish minorities? Want a turbulent Reformation? This mod is for you.
    Game concepts explained on the Wiki
    Current status: 98% complete and compatible with Conquest of Paradise
    Download available April 9, 2014) or subscribe on Steam to get updates automatically
    Project Cryptic: 10% complete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast