• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really like these new features.

The 'War status' info is the sort of info I go looking for anyway. It just means I don't have to go around the map manually anymore.

The colonist options and spread of knowledge for land and sea zones means we can temper the game to suit. Lets face it, when their is only a default option on these sorts of things some players are happy while others like to moan. The more set up options we have the better. :)

finally a really new intersting feature. Untill now for EuIII-Napoleon we only have seen the curious situation where Paradox is asking money for an add-on in which they are re-introducing "new" features of EUII (events, auto-sent merchant, trade map).

Good news on letting us know how the AI evaluates peace deals - "I know I can hold out longer than the player because it's hard coded into the rules" - resulting in "you have conquered every province the AI owns and annihilated its entire army. It offers you two, poor, provinces and you must accept." I like it. People don't want a game that's fun, they want a historical simulation that's realistic.

You should put example maps of War Results (provinces conquered) and Peace Results (provinces gained in the peace deal) on the outside of the box.

Be proud, show the results of all your peace AI efforts.

Uh. This would be nice without the exact amount of enemy soldiers clearly showing there. Then again, when rehosting in multiplayer, all players can see where the enemy armies currently are. What is the point?

I'm sorry for being blind but how to access the war screen feature? The NA manual doesn't say how to do it :( I'm playing IN of course, but I guess this feature is there too.

From the manual:
War Screen
We have added a new war screen that gives you more information about what is happening during a war. This screen supplies you with the total armies and navies of both sides, the current stability and war exhaustion of the combatants and a variable called war potential. This is a measure of various factors that determines a country’s ability to wage war. This number in no way will affect either your ability to wage war or force you to make peace,
but it is important in AI decision-making. When evaluating a peace offer (or offering you peace), the AI will look at the relative war potentials. An AI country losing a war may refuse a reasonable peace because it has a high war potential and calculates that it can change the result, similarly an AI country that is winning a war may accept a relatively limited peace because its war potential is exhausted and the war looks like it is swinging away from its favour. This screen will give you a much better guide on when to offer a peace deal, and also why the AI is offering the terms it is.