• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Personally, I like the idea of an accurate accounting. None of the information is hidden NOW if you as a player hovered over each army and clicked on each enemy province. This is just a nice summary so we get less "OMG TEH FRENCH WON'T LET ME TAKE ALL THEIR PROVINCES AND I R TEH WIN TEH WAR 99%!!!!111oneonenoe!" ;)

When will we hear something how history is brought back to the game????
This is the point that can convince me to buy eu3, not interface improvements

Nice! :)

rybka said:

You probably shouldn't buy it then. Hard scripted events are the devil and should be confronted and destroyed with extensive use of missionaries.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! DECLARE YOUR SOUL FREE FROM IDIOTIC, NONSENSICAL, EVENTS!

Duuk said:
You probably shouldn't buy it then. Hard scripted events are the devil and should be confronted and destroyed with extensive use of missionaries.
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! DECLARE YOUR SOUL FREE FROM IDIOTIC, NONSENSICAL, EVENTS!

Well, thats why i havent bought it yet. I am waiting for this addon and kasperus' map. with so many triggers and SMART coding history can really be brought back to eu series. Besides if you dont like HARD scripted events you dont have to buy this addon :rofl:

rybka said:
That was already mentioned. They'll be putting in an option for history vs. freeplay, so you get all the true to life historical events and leaders.

Duuk said:

Code:
action_a ={
	name = "NEVER!"
	command = { type = provincereligion which = -1 value = 'Diehard script loyalist' }
}

Yeeees, again! :D

And, of course, AI behaviour in EU3 is not a very long script.

Duuk, you will never understand the difference between good programming and bad programming, won't you? :)
Events are never idiotic nor non-sensical, only bad programmers are.

I like this new war screen, but I do agree with the people who don't want exact troop numbers. It is a bit weird knowing that the enemy has exactly 4757 cavalry, even if you don't know where they are. I'd suggest more little stars like you see for foreign monarch's ratings, to show the enemy's troop numbers relative to your own (and I'd also love it if Spies could make you get it wrong, but that's probably asking too much)

Let's summarize what has transpired here:

Customer1: Teh peace AI is broken!
Paradox1: Well actually it's not, you see...
Customer2: My l33t troops have completely 1. Why won't they surrender?!
Paradox1: But...
Customer3: The AI is stoopid. Hahaha they proposed a worse peace than the one they rejected from me. LOOSERS!!!!
Paradox1 (to Paradox2): Wow, the user base seems to feel really strongly about this issue. Maybe we should cave in to their demands.
Paradox2 (to Paradox1): Never! Would you allow your child to put his hand on a hot stove if he demanded it?
Paradox1 (to Paradox2): How about if instead of changing the peace AI, we instead show them how the AI makes the decision.
Paradox2 (to Paradox1): Hmmm, that could work....the user base although capricious is very intelligent and they like having more information...there it is done!
Customer4: You have provided too much information.

NO, NO, NO... :p

Hardcoded events are Heaven... and "the historical way" is the reason I´m so eagerly expecting the add-on..

Back off.. You EU heretical traitors: Harcoded events, leaders and kings RULE... :cool: :p

BTW I´d also like news on how history (the good one, not the dinamical one) is implemented...

:)

I like it. I doubt too much information would be a gamebreaker.

NikkTheTrick said:
Err... You are likely to be asking over 100% to get more than 5 provinces. That is more than the warscore :rolleyes:

And 5 provinces is a LOT.

This is of course the case but my point is more provinces should be ceded. If the country in question controls no provinces, has no army and no navy why only ~5 provinces out of eg 50 = 10%? This is the same as if a 6 province country were in the same position except 5 out of 6 = 83% of the country would be ceded. I agree with not annexing countries over 1 province in size but if the country is utterly defeated there should be more spoils for the victor no?

Johan said:
Well, according to what I've seen on the forum the last few months, there is hardly NO players that can "sense" the enemies status. As we get dozens upon dozens of threads on "AI is BUGGY!", "I CANT GET PEACE" etc..

Well in all fairness sake I dont think someone who DONT have a problem with it is gonna come on the forum and make threads on "AI IS NOT BUGGY!", "I CAN GET PEACE!" etc..

I'll have to add my voice to the chorus. This much information easily available bothers me. One of the big tool of warfare in multiplayer is bluffing. Its being able to appear stronger/weaker than you actually are, and lead the enemy to commit a mistake. Its about secretly raising an army when your enemy thinks you're defeated, or sneaking a navy your enemy thinks was sunk. Sure, when an army is in a neighboring province, you know how many troops it has. But your enemy doesn't know what's hiding two provinces away, in the fog of war, and you can always bluff it. Now, if I fight a human opponent, and see I have 5 times his army size, I'll charge ahead, knowing he can't stop me and will have to retreat, whereas I might be more prudent, if I don't know how far outgunned he is, which would give him a pause to fight me. I've won wars despite having emptied my manpower pool, lost critical leaders and near bankrupted myself, and won those wars only because my enemy thought I still had the advantage. This is like fighting without fog of war... and removes a part of the psychological battle that is MP warfare.