• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow! Posts! Sorry for not replying guys, I've only just come across a spot of free time.

I do want to continue this AAR, and with the advent of a good EU3REV I may soon realise it, I would though like to experiment a bit further at some point in January with another AAR, depending on how that goes, I may well continue this AAR into Vicky fairly soon!

Thanks for dropping in!

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but did you mod EU3 to include the name Bevan? I've never seen or heard that name for any English/British ruler in my game or any other.

No probs, Yes I modded it in, first in CK and then later in EU3

So when do we get Part 3?

Good question, I've been mulling it over in my head, I'm tempted to convert it over to Vicky now, and begin modding it so it would be playable for anyone with Ricky, the downside is this would take quite a bit of time and work.

Or, I wait until Vicky 2, this would probably take more time, and a little less work.

(This is English Patriot (I have a new name))

Continuing on from the question "When do we get to part 3?" I have a rather definitive answer for everyone.

It was my initial intention to Retcon the Rebellion that would lead on to Vicky, update the save file and play on until 1836, at which point I would convert over to Vicky2, and we'd be away.

But alas, when looking for the save files to check them out, I could not find them. And it dawned on me that all the files were in my Paradox folder, on my external HDD, which I had some weeks previously dropped on the floor, and broken.

Bugger.

So.. to answer the question, when the Woodhouse dynasty would travel over to Vicky, I would have to say never.

At least not in this incarnation.

As you can imagine, this is a bit of a pain in the bum. I have been considering restarting, there are several things I would like to change, and a simple restart seems the best answer. But we shall see, I have several AAR ideas just floating around, but I can't seem to settle on one, as my more regular readers may have worked out, I am very bad with sticking to one AAR and carrying it through to the end. This AAR and it's predecessor have been the only ones that I have considered finished.

So, short of redoing the entire world in a EU3 mod, I can safely say that the Woodhouse Dynasty has and will only ever last (in this incarnation) from 1187-1811.

It's been jolly fun, my only regret is that I didn't put the save files on my more reliable machine.

Thanks

Woody/EP.

For a second I was going mad about who the hell was Woody. :p

Too bad for the Woodhouse clan... :(

Oh.

Alright then. My sympathies, and on to pastures new!

Ahh I was looking forward to a vicky epic . Somehow it seemed like such a prime time for the Woodhouse Empire ! Looking forward to those other AAR ideas though !

Sad.:( Be sure to post here when/if you start a new project. That would be much appriciated.:)

BTW, how in the world did you manage to get your name changed??? That's supposed to be not allowed.:p

@Nikolai - Will do :)

It isn't technically, but the old name brought me so much grief and created wrong impressions that I didn't really want to stick, I spend a fair amount of time here so I'd like to enjoy it, thankfully the Paradox staff were really really really nice :)

But it's not something you get done easily.

@DannyBoy00 - Great to know you enjoyed reading :) Theoretically, I could create a mod to recreate the 1811 situation, but it would involve trawling through the AAR and picking as much info as I could out of it. It's not really something I have the time to do, and I think it'd be easier and more enjoyable to leave the old girl.

@canonized - Yeah, especially with Vicky 2 on the way, it looked fantastic, I honestly thought I had the files on me, and it was only when I looked for them today to do some work on them that I realised that they were gone, oh well, I always like to look at these situations as opportunities :).

@Bingo Brett - Yeah pretty much..

@RGB - Exactly my thoughts

@Kurt_steiner - Yeah I figured I should actually make it clear who I was haha. Hopefully, you haven't seen the last of the Woodhouse clan, need to do some checking out of things first though before I settle on my next phantom project.

Thanks for popping in chaps :)