• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
holy crap, your almost in moscow now! this is amazing, you've had quite a turnaround. Leningrad, Baku, Stalingrad, Moscow... those are what you need for the bitter peace?

I like how you will let Rommel have the prize, If your are not going to release Scandinavia then what release them as inivisual contries or just keep them as offical territories.

Maximilliano - Thank you. I also need Sverdlovsk, which is why von Manstein is heading there :)

Cpt Rossi - Well Rommel spent a lot of time doing nothing in Italy so he can control who takes Moscow. I won't release any country, it goes against how Germany operated, they annexed everything. (Not including Vichy of course)

Warpimp - So it seems :)

Russia ist kaputt.

Amazing.... impressive...

Kurt_Steiner - Thank you ;)

Guangxi - Minimum garrison of Axis forces while the Heere goes about conquering the World.

Cpt Rossi - :)

Ok folks, time for some input from my loyal readers :D

The list of places to go next is fairly long. Place your bids/bets on where you want me to head next or in the near future. No country that requires an amphibious invasion will be considered until such time as I have kriegsmarine capable of taking on the Allies, that can achieve local superiority.

The next update is ready, but I will wait until tomorrow to post it so I can gauge your responses to include them in the September report.

None wait till London or do sweden

I would like to see a realistic approach to how to defeat the Allies. Taking into consideration the threat of over expansion. Also possible a Europe vs. America Cold War scenario rather than an invasion of America because I think that any German Invasion of America would inevitably fail.

I vote conquer the middle east.

Cpt Rossi said:
None wait till London or do sweden

I would like to see a realistic approach to how to defeat the Allies. Taking into consideration the threat of over expansion. Also possible a Europe vs. America Cold War scenario rather than an invasion of America because I think that any German Invasion of America would inevitably fail.

Great work, Remble.

Remble said:
The list of places to go next is fairly long. Place your bids/bets on where you want me to head next or in the near future. No country that requires an amphibious invasion will be considered

The Middle East surely is the best option, but I would also consider Sweden. Both in parallel might be feasible. Afterwards, let us see what Raeder and Dönitz made of the Kriegsmarine.

Cpt Rossi said:
Also possible a Europe vs. America Cold War scenario rather than an invasion of America because I think that any German Invasion of America would inevitably fail.

I think an invasion of the USA is far, far away from German radar at this time.

Idle said:
I think an invasion of the USA is far, far away from German radar at this time.
If Exterous could do it, Remble can too.

Cpt Rossi - Sweden is certainly close to Russia. Winter is approaching though. So far I have tried to fight the AI as fairly as possible, I will continue to do that against the U.K. and U.S.A. So long as there are no 'super' stacks on an island somewhere it is more than likely I won't invade either main island until they have nothing outside of it.

Brad1, Guangxi, Panzer6, SeedSnatcher - Middle East, Africa and India are all pretty much certain :) India's manpower, the Suez Canal and several minor nations in Africa.

Brad1 - The U.S. got a boost. They are lucky they don't have to deal with the Luftwaffe in China.

Idle - Thank you. Middle and Sweden are popular :)

dublish - Exterous' AAR is very similar in some respects, I had not read it. If I had I might not have started this one. Against the AI I could probably invade the U.S.A. right now and win but I won't. I will wait for a fleet, as realistically it should be impossible without one.

Barbarossa II
To Force A Peace

0500 August 18th 1945.
18. Armee Headquarters. Leningrad, Russia.

The weather had cleared up in Estonia and von Rundstedt gave the orders that would result in the capture of eight Soviet divisions.​

aug180500gr1.jpg

Kesselring led the assault against the depleted defenders, commanded by Voronov. The battle did not last long.​

0300 August 19th 1945.
IV. Panzerarmee Headquarters. Kuybyshev, Russia.

German infantry forces were closing on the Soviet stockpile in Gorkij. They decided to relocate it to a safer place.​

aug190300gr1.jpg

Von Manstein did not think Naberezhnye Chelny was actually a safer place for it. He ordered Steiner to move north and attempt to capture the stockpile.​

1200 August 19th 1945.
The Skies above the Black Sea.

Milch was still conducting air superiority missions over the Black Sea when he found some American bombers. He engaged them over the Sea of Marmara.​

aug191200gr1.jpg

Once more the Strategic bombers would suffer high casualties to Milch's interceptors.​

0600 August 20th 1945.

Rommel was now confident that he had sufficient infantry surrounding Moscow to launch his attack and von Rundstedt gave him the go ahead to do so.​

aug200600gr1.jpg

Von Brauchitsch would lead the attack supported by other infantry divisions. The armour was kept out of the battle for the Soviet capital.​

aug201300gr2.jpg

At 1300 hours the battle was over and seven more Soviet divisions were captured by von Brauchitsch's men.​

1900 August 20th 1945.

Von Rundstedt's headquarters staff had been compiling a map of the Eastern Front to illustrate progress being made by Axis forces.​

aug201900gr2.jpg

The map clearly showed advances in all directions. One other thing of note, also clearly shown, there were no Soviet forces anywhere to be seen.​

0000 August 24th 1945.

German forces were slowly advancing into Finland, with thoughts of taking over the country as swiftly as possible in von Rundstedt's mind.​

aug240000gr2.jpg

Model had recently captured the Finnish capital located in Helsinki. He proceeded onwards towards Turku.​

aug240000gr1.jpg

To the east Steiner had noticed a Soviet armoured division appear in Naberezhnye Chelny as von Manstein advanced into Chkalov. Steiner would overcome the enemy easily at daybreak.​

1500 August 24th 1945.

News had arrived swiftly of the capture of Moscow. Von Runstedt sent a return message congratulating the forces in the area on their success.​

aug241500gr1.jpg

Von Brauchitsch had commanded the first German forces to enter Moscow. Another city that could not be taken years earlier was now under Germany's control.​

Last edited:
0000 August 26th 1945.
LXXXIV. Armeekorps Headquarters. Cholet, France.

General Friessner, current commander of German forces in France, was aware of the trouble spots in his area. Once such region flared up in open rebellion against the occupiers.​

aug260000gr1.jpg

The province of Avranches had attempted to revolt. Mj.General Fanghor, based in Caan on anti-partisan duties, quickly ordered his division to suppress the uprising.​

aug260000gr.jpg

A simultaneous revolt had occured in Russia. German troops were dispatched to contain the uprising which the Luftwaffe would deal with more directly.​

0000 August 26th 1945.
Intelligence Headquarters. Reichstag, Berlin.

Sea trials were now complete on Germany's latest naval vessel. The production of the new UGSS class would begin shortly.​

aug260000tech.jpg

Kriegsmarinewerft was given a new task to complete. Improving on the Heavy Cruiser model currently available to the Kriegsmarine.​

0700 August 27th 1945.
Industrial Offices. Reichstag, Berlin.

The morning was looking like a particularly good one for Albert Speer. News had just reached him of a major gain by German forces in the East.​

aug270700tech.jpg

General Steiner had arrived in Naberezhnye Chelny swiftly enough to prevent all of the Soviet stockpile being relocated. German reserves took a huge boost from its capture, oil was no longer a worry. Speer wondered where the remaining Soviet stockpile would be moved to next. There were not many safe places for it to go.​

aug270700cap.jpg

Baku was certainly not one of the safest places. Romanian mountaineers were due to arrive in the province on September 7th.​

0300 August 29th 1945.
18. Armee Headquarters. Turku, Finland.

Model sent word to von Rundstedt of his arrival in the Finnish province of Turku.​

aug290300cap.jpg

Von Rundstedt had a brief telephone conversation with von Ribbentrop back in Berlin before sending orders to Model.​

aug290300cap1.jpg

Model accepted the formal surrender and annexation of Finland at 0300 hours on August 29th 1945.​

0700 August 30th 1945.
The Skies above Italy.

Koller was still flying air superiority missions over Italy when he encountered a hostile squadron.​

aug300700cap2.jpg

His air wing spent little time completely destroying the Canadian squadron involved.​

Last edited: