in 1324-1356 Abu Abdallah ibn Battuta, a famous traveller from Tangiers in Marocco made a journey through all of muslim world of his time. He started in Morocco to visit Mecca, but instead of comming home he visited Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, Syria, Iran, Anatolia and Byzantine empire, Golden Horde, Khwarizm, India and China and then got back to Morroco from where he made his last journey around Western Africa and around river of Niger.
His journey ispired this AAR.
- unite all "western muslims" of "al-Andalus" (Iberian peninsula) and Maghreb (Morocco and Algeria) into one state ruled by the Marinid dynasty.
- all muslim provinces visited have to be under muslim rule. If local muslims are not able to do it, Marinid army has to.
- a knight from Marinid court will visit all muslim provinces on the map, vill visit Golden Horde (or it's successor), especially town of Sarai, get to the eastern edge of the map in Syria, visit Tebuk in Arabia to simulate Hajj (muslim pilgrimage to Mecca) and then through north african coast get back home. All eventual "stops" on his journey are welcome.
Conditions of the goal:
- the journey will be done all alone or with up to 2 desert cavalry/camel riders units - all muslim lands have to be visited in peace.
- free declaration of war to a Muslim country is prohibited
- diplomatic relations with Papacy and it's helpers is prohibited, unless it helps in liberation of a muslim province from rule of infidels.
- No possibility of marriage of muslim princess to non-muslim kingdom. A prince can marry a christian (not pagan!) princess only in order to inherit a muslim province
- version 1.05
- mod: Holy Rome 1.8
- hard settings
- pause during battles off