• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
trekaddict said:
Yep, it seems that the big man has a nasty sense of humour. It also seems that Hlemut can never escape from his dark(er) past.

Perhaps Skorzeny is a way to escape from it...

KLorberau & Kurt Steiner: It seems that Helmut "escaping" with Skorzeny is a popular theory. However, is it truly an escape? After all, Helmut doesn't at this time know what sort of missions Skorzeny will be undertaking.

News on the next update:
I just found out that, with less than 24 hours notice mind you, that my shift and RDO schedule has been altered by the Staffing Lieutenant. That being the case, the timetable for the next update will be pushed back to an unknown time for now. Man, you'd think that if they were going to screw me this hard they would have bought me dinner first.

Hey, over 1,000 posts now.

Hardraade,

In our line of work, getting screwed by "The Man" is part of the job...hahahha. After 25 years on the street (which is where all the fun is, don't let those pansies in traffic, narc's, or supervisors tell you otherwise) it is still fun to just work where all the action is. And, you get used to the change in shifts, double shift (had one last nite), call in for court, etc...All bs, but at least it is overtime...

Your AAR is one of the best out there....I have really enjoyed reading it. And the delays in reading the next update is not bad...to be expected in our line of work.

PS-I think that this french floozie our hero has been seeing is with the Partisans.....she has been "pumping" him for information.......if you get my drift...hahahaha

Hope all is well. Stay safe.

KLorberau

KLorberau: I had done back to back doubles and was expecting three days off only to find that today will in fact be the only day off I get until the end of the week. You are right though, all part of the job. You're continued support of this AAR is much appreciated. So, you think that Corinne is on the shady side?

trekaddict: Alright, we'll be good.

Never trust a Frenchie, even if she is cuter than the St Paulie Girl....

KLorberau

KLorberau: Ah, St. Paulie. So many memories. So many hangovers.

HKslan: Thanks, and I truly appreciate every one of those comments. Even the not so nice ones pointing out my disastrous Spanish campaign. :)

HKslan said:
Hey I'm just trying to get you pumped Hardraade, PUMPED, so you roll back into Navarre with a vengeance.

In that case, feel free to go all Knute Rockne whenever you want. :D

You da man! :D

Popcorn ready. Let go the update! :D

March 3, 1940
Deuil, France

"Come on Nagel, we're going for a little ride.", said Helmut Wolf as he shut his door behind him and snatched his cap from a peg on the wall.

"Where to, sir?"

"Paris. What's the matter? Don't want to go?"

"No sir. Er...I mean...I'll be ready in a moment, sir."

Helmut smiled and stepped outside into a beautiful spring day. He took a long, deep breath and stood enjoying the weather and listening to the sound of the birds while he waited for Nagel to emerge. From across the street, he saw Peter and Max exit the inn that they quartered themselves in and he waved to get their attention. Waving back, they trotted across the street and joined him. After salutes were exchanged, Peter nodded his head toward the car parked nearby and asked, "We almost ready to go?"

Helmut nodded, "Nagel will be out shortly and then we can get underway."

After keeping them waiting for a few more minutes, Nagel finally joined them outside and moved to climb into the driver seat. As the four men settled themselves in, Max leaned forward from the back seat and asked Nagel, "What the hell took so long? Have to get your hair and makeup just right?"

Nagel looked over his shoulder and muttered something that was lost in the sound of the engine coming to life, but something about Nagel's expression told Max that the comment was an unfriendly one. Turning back forward, Nagel put the vehicle in gear and they were off.

Later, in Paris

Nagel brought them to a stop outside of Regimental headquarters and everyone climbed out. Leaving Max and Nagel with the car, Helmut and Peter walked up the steps and, after going through various staff officers, were ushered into Standartenfuhrer Seiler's office. Once they were seated, Seiler asked, "How are your preparations coming along, Wolf?"

"All is in order, sir. I have the entire company on full alert and I have ordered patrols to be doubled. In addition, I have restricted travel both in and out of Deuil to the military only. The entire area will be completely locked down when the prisoners arrive. When the RHSA boys leave Deuil with the prisoners, I will have one of my platoons under the command of Untersturmfuhrer Vogel here accompany them as extra security.", responded Helmut.

Seiler nodded and asked as he turned to Peter, "You are aware of the seriousness of what Wolf is charging you with?"

Peter responded, "I am, sir. My men and I will deliver the prisoners safely."

Seiler smiled, "Good. I appreciate you coming all the way out here to deliver the update. I know it would have been easier for you to tell me over the telephone or by courier, but those methods have a way of being intercepted. Call me overly paranoid if you wish."

Helmut shook his head, "Not at all, sir. Your caution is most prudent."

With that, Helmut and Peter excused themselves and rejoined their companions outside. Looking from one man to the next, Helmut smiled and said, "I have arranged to meet Skorzeny at a local establishment. What do you say we get a little fun out of this trip?"

Peter and Max gave enthusiastic agreement, but Nagel quietly asked, "Sir, would it be alright with you if I joined you later?"

"Why?"

"Well sir, I figured that I could find something nice for Amelie while we're here.", replied Nagel.

Helmut shrugged and responded, "Suit yourself. Drop us off and be sure to return after no later than three hours to pick us up."

amn17ae29f0gm6.jpg

Three men were seated at an outdoor cafe across from an establishment that catered to the German occupiers. They sipped at their drinks and eyed the enemy soldiers that went in and out of the building with disgust and anger. They didn't know what was worse, that Germans walked freely through Paris or that a fellow French citizen was so openly pandering to them. They would have liked nothing better than to get up and leave this disgraceful sight behind them, but the man they were meeting had chosen this location and he would be here soon.

Ten minutes later, they could see him approaching. He was tall and gave the impression of being very fit despite walking with a slight limp. The man seated himself and ordered a cup of coffee without saying a word in greeting to the men that had been waiting for him. Once the coffee was delivered, he raised it to his lips but stopped short of drinking it. Something across the street had caught his attention. The three Frenchmen followed his stare and saw that three men were climbing out of a staff car and were being greeted by an enormous man with black hair. They could just make out from across the street that all four of the men bore SS runes on their collars. Turning back to their guest, they found him still staring across the street with a look of pure hate in his eyes. Confused, one of the Frenchmen asked, "You know one of those men?"

Their guest nodded. After a moment he said, "Wolf, Helmut Wolf."

"Who's he?"

"Trouble. He's a monster, and a killer."

"What do you think he's doing here?"

The man shook his head, "I don't know, but it bodes ill for all of us."

"What should we do?"

The man frowned and then said in a whisper, "If you're smart, you'll kill him."

Last edited:
hmmm why do I get the feeling that one of these men might be an old friend of ours from Spain whose name I have forgotten? You know the one who got send into the german zone to stirr up trouble?

Escellent Update! I have to say once again that your's is one of my most favourite AARs!

trekaddict said:
hmmm why do I get the feeling that one of these men might be an old friend of ours from Spain whose name I have forgotten? You know the one who got send into the german zone to stirr up trouble?

Or perhaps the friend of William the Ghost :D