• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's sad, you're just strolling along, minding your own business, and then bam, there's dutch mercantilism, with its chief weapons. Funny update, a classic.

Nobody expects the Spanish… I mean Dutch mercantilism, but their weapons are nice and their benefits sure are great. So this is good news and development :)

Johan: Duke! Duke!

Duke of Liege: Yes, milord?

Johan: I was leading my army marching towards the border when I realised that my men had betrayed me and half of the regiment was gone and supplies were stolen.

Duke of Liege: Did you, see anyone walking away?

Johan: No, no one at all.

Duke of Liege: Well, there is very little we can do about that sir.

*awkward silence*

*awkward silence*

*awkward silence*

*more awkward silence*

Johan: Do you want to join my gang?

*awkward silence*

*awkward silence*

Duke of Liege: Yeah, all right

liegeisindamyhood.jpg

perfectaliegegegga.jpg

This is so simple but so hilarious sketch. It deserved an, albeit short, update.

Got my tests back today. History was 10 as expected, geography, religion and German were all 9s. My only disappointment was math that ended up as 7, although I just realised she had not reviewed one of my calculations at all and that might be just enough to pull me into 8. Although if it stays at 7, it doesn't really matter. 10 I unexpectedly got from last course more than balances that. Besides, I am not going into math heavy profession anyway.

And the test went relatively bad in general, not that it makes my number better

SirruShan: Yes, I have seen that before. It is so ridicilously stupid it is amazingly funny. Lets see if I find any suitable event to tell trhough that sketch.

Duke of Wellington: It was a nice boost to my rather small trade empire. Trade is well on its way to become my main source of income.

Grubnessul: Never seen that one. It is simply :rofl:

Norwegian/Swedish/Danish are languages that are funny no matter what you say.

JimboIX: Yes, Dutch mercantilism is like Hells Grannies

Lord E: Certainly. It came to much help for my new, grandiose plan that incidentally involves Spanish in one form or another.

Good move on avoiding math. Like the touching moment between the Duke and Johan.

That was a nice way of creating an alliance, and the real sketch was also very funny :rofl:

*In a forest somewhere in the Netherlands*

Pieter: Tree ahoy!

Jakob: Tree ahoy? What ever that means?

*tree crashes on top of him*

Maurice: Pieter! How many times have I said not to shout that? That was sixth one this week being crushed under your tree!

Pieter: I am Dutch, how am I supposed to know how to shout correctly in English?

Maurice: Shout in Dutch then!

Pieter: You know, there are people who might not understand it. English is accepted "lingua franca" in this forest.

Maurice: Pieter, you are fired!

Pieter: Fine, I never wanted to be a lumberjack anyway. I always wanted to be a COLONIST. Planting seeds in mighty Oceania! Wheat, mighty rye, sweet corn! The smell of fresh harvested grain with my best girlie by my side we'd sing, sing, sing .

I'm a colonist and I'm OK
I sleep all night and plant all day

Choir: He's a colonist and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he plants all day.

Pieter: I plant all seeds, dampen them
Then wait til' January
While that I meet some natives
And see that they me need

Choir: He plants all seeds, dampens them
Then waits til' January
While that he meets some natives
And see that they him need

He's a colonist and he's OK

Pieter: I wait some time, then harvest
I like to meet natives
I force them to hard work
Planting all my seeds

Choir: He waits some time, then harvests
He likes to meet natives
He forces them to hard work
Planting all his seeds???

He's a colonist and he's OK

Pieter: I watch my slaves, planting seeds
Being oppressed and so sad
I wish I invented slavery just like my dear ol' dad

Choir: He watches his slaves planting seeds
Being oppressed and so sad???

Oh, come on! We'r outta here!

Pieter: I wish I invented slavery just like my dear ol' dad

Best girlie: Oh Pieter! I thought you respected native cultures!

*runs away*

diegocarciaonkolonialistuindream.jpg

That has to be my favourite. It worked out in every possible way.

JimboIX: Well, my teacher admitted her mistake and raised it to 8. None the less, I still have 5 obligatory courses to do, few extras and a matriculation exam on it so quite yet I can't start avoiding math.

thrashing mad: Yes, it cracked me up first time I saw it. It just was so random. You know something is going to happen but never expect quite that.

Lord E: Like I already said, it is a hilarious sketch. And it really fitted into alliance creation.

Severance: I actually thought about naming the AAR after a modification of that one, like "And now for something completetely different, a king with three titles"

Duke of Wellington: It indeed does.

killer50: Watched it and it was hilarious. Especially after I watched the intro of the show it was making parody of.

Great! This is certainly one of my favorite sketches, glad you made a good update out of it.

Native culture respect is such a dealbreaker. A fun sketch.

That one was great, the ”lumberjack” song is great and your version was also excellent. Great work :)

Thanks for cheering me up with that beauty! I needed something to brighten my day and that was it!

*Archbishop Ferdinand II of Münster, King Louis XV, absolute monarch of France, doge Vitale Labia of Venice and president Johan Van Egmont of the Netherlands are having a discussion*

Ferdinand II: More champagne? From Bordeaux, 1367.

Johan: Sure, thank you.

Louis XV: Who would have thought 30 years ago that we will be sipping champange and talking about todays politics?

Vitale: Oh no, back then I could not even mention word "politics".

Johan and Ferdinand II: Aye, aye.

Louis XV: I didn't even have power to talk in front of my father.

Johan: Well, I was happy those days, even though I was powerless.

Vitale: My old dad used to say me; "power doesn't bring you happiness, son"

Johan: He was right. I was happier when I had no word to say at all.

Vitale: Yes, I was happy even though I had no power to talk to my mother.

Ferdinand II: You were lucky! I didn't have power to talk to my siblings!

Louis XV: Oh, I used to dream of not being allowed to talk to my siblings! I wasn't even able to talk to our slaves!

Johan: Slaves, eh? African?

Louis XV: Yes.

Johan: You were lucky. I had no power to talk to a stone!

Vitale: I wasn't even allowed to walk!

Louis XV: Of course I had it tough. I had to wait idly for 35 years for my father to die to get power.

Ferdinand II: Oh, you were lucky to wait! I had to bribe hundreds of clergymen, pray in public, live unmarried and preach about God for 60 years before I was elected Archbishop!

Vitale: Hah! I had to promise power, land, gold and everything from Moon to Earth to arrogant and greedy nobles after fierce campaigning against 200 other applicants just to get me elected as Stadtholder.

Johan: Life-time job, yes?

Vitale: Yes.

Johan: Oooh, such a simple life! I have to promise shorter workhours, better social care, lower taxes and everything possible to uneducated masses every 4 years!

Louis XV: Well, when I said idly I meant killing 538 siblings and cousins who were in succession line before me. With my bare hands! But it was idle to me!

Ferdinand II: Luxury. I had to wake up 2 am in the morning to work in a lumber mill chucking wood with my own hands just to get the paper to write my blackmail letters!

Johan: Right. I had to wake 24.00, 30 minutes before I went to bed to scratch trees with my fingers just to get one ducat in a year to finance my campaign if I was lucky!

Vitale: When you tell that to rulers of today, they won't believe you.

All: No, no.

govtechiyeeyeeyeeejippii.jpg

conrepconrepconrepconrepcfeeyeee.jpg

presidenttijohanjeah.jpg

That would have had so much more potential. It is way too short.

Just an announcement: I am going on a trip, first to Southern-Finland to meet some relatives and then to Greece so for next 2 weeks there will be no updates.

Grubnessul: Yes, it is a classic. It is quite good in German too. I have to give them respect for being able to such good German.

Duke of Wellington: Yes, it was. Sadly I used it before I got that goverment level. I think it would have been better as "I am a president and Im ok"

JimboIX: I think that was a rather good one from me. Taking political correctness of today and transform it into glory days of slavery and racism. (well, not quite yet racism. Enlightement is only about to start)

Lord E: I should do it German too. ;)

"Ich bin ein Kolonist und ich bin stark
Ich arbeite ganze Tag und bekomme ein Mark"

SirruShan: These kinds of comments are always nice to read. I am glad to be of help.

that one made me nearly fall of my chair, congrats. Have fun on your trips.