• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would happened to know why the program doesn't work on my house computer?

It gives me:

Fatal Error

CLR error: 80004005
The program will now terminate.

fatalerror.gif

Really fun! Thank you for making this.

Would happened to know why the program doesn't work on my house computer?

It gives me:

Fatal Error

CLR error: 80004005
The program will now terminate.

fatalerror.gif

What versions of the .NET framework are installed on your computer?

What versions of the .NET framework are installed on your computer?

A corrupted .NET 2 :( with no access to internet :eek:

I guess its the source of the problem eh? Is there any complete installation packs? Cos i haven't found anything that doesn't require to be online for dl and install.

A corrupted .NET 2 :( with no access to internet :eek:

I guess its the source of the problem eh? Is there any complete installation packs? Cos i haven't found anything that doesn't require to be online for dl and install.

No internet... do you mean no internet for en extended amount of time, or no internet at all? Anyway, a complete package can be downloaded here.

Make sure you first uninstall the corrupted version.

I love this, thank you so much for making it!
Victoria just came alive again (though that's an overstatement, she could never die)

I love this, thank you so much for making it!
Victoria just came alive again (though that's an overstatement, she could never die)

Thanks! I loved making it, too.

Thank you for making this generator, it's great!

Only problem I have run into this far is that unassigned pops in low life rating provinces never seem to relocate to somewhere else. I'll do some tests with vanilla Vicky and VIP later to see if it's the same there.

Thank you for making this generator, it's great!

Only problem I have run into this far is that unassigned pops in low life rating provinces never seem to relocate to somewhere else. I'll do some tests with vanilla Vicky and VIP later to see if it's the same there.

I'm interested in the results of your tests!

I'm interested in the results of your tests!

A couple of quick tests in VIP:R 0.301 has led me to believe that this lack of pop mobility depends on (at least) two things.

1. The life rating of the province
2. The "amount" (for example: "5.0", "2.5", "0.8" etc.) of the province RGO

Initially, during gameplay, I noticed unassigned pops to be unwilling to leave provinces with a life rating of 25% or less. In my test however, I found that pops willingly left provinces with even lower life ratings (24% for example). I also found provinces with higher life ratings (like 28 or 29%) where unassigned pops just refused to leave. A mystery? Not when you combine life rating with RGO "amount". I'll just skip to the math...

I found that pops happily left a province with a 3.5 RGO and a life rating of 28%.
3.5 x 0.28 = 0.98
I found that pops wouldn't leave a province with a 3.0 RGO and a life rating of 28%.
3.0 x 0.28 = 0.84

So unless there is some sort of table for this pop behaviour like for assimilation I'd guess that this depends on life rating and RGO "amount" with the breaking point somewhere between .84 and .98 (when multiplying like I did).

It also seems this has nothing to do with RickRand. Except that I guess most people would not find themselves with shiploads of pops in low value, low life rating provinces without your, once again, excellent contribution to Vicky :rofl:

Maybe im nuts but i downloaded the mod and extracted it and there are only three files that come with it; Rickrand, RickrandGUI and extraconnections.cfg were is the other file JSGME.exe ? am i missing something?

Maybe im nuts but i downloaded the mod and extracted it and there are only three files that come with it; Rickrand, RickrandGUI and extraconnections.cfg were is the other file JSGME.exe ? am i missing something?

My mistake. It should be in now.

just downloaded it again and it's the same file. 96.5 kb in size , same as the other one and when i extract it it contains only the three files. Am i doing something wrong?

That is really strange. When I click the links, the archive contains four files. Maybe your browser is being "smart" and thinks it downloaded the file already, and thus is using a version that is somewhere on your computer. You can try clearing the temporary internet files.

It seems that whenever I change the default settings, besides name, I get a crash when attempting to generate, unlike in previous versions. Do you have any idea why this may be?

It seems that whenever I change the default settings, besides name, I get a crash when attempting to generate, unlike in previous versions. Do you have any idea why this may be?

Does the GUI crash, or rickrand.exe? (for example, does the GUI crash when saving a configuration?)

The GUI. Saving and loading works fine, it's only when I click Generate an actual crash occurs.

EDIT: It's a .NET error, but says it's due to a missing file.

The GUI. Saving and loading works fine, it's only when I click Generate an actual crash occurs.

EDIT: It's a .NET error, but says it's due to a missing file.

Hmm, does it also say which file is missing?

Maybe you have an old version of .NET (can't imagine this is the problem though. The GUI is a very basic program that should work with all versions of .NET).