• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Setting # of cultures low has insane side effects.

From revolt.txt

culture = {
type = U86 x3 $ (˜’ $ X˜’ $ ˆ˜’ ?U87 x3 $ 蘒 $ ™’ $ H™’ U88 x3 $ ¨™’ $ Ø™’ $ ›’ U89 x3 $ ¦’ $ H¦’ $ x¦’
U90 x3 $ ئ’ $ §’ $ 8§’ U91 x3 $ ˜§’ $ ȧ’ $ ø§’ U92 x3 $ X¨’ $ ˆ¨’ $ ¸¨’ cU93 x3 $ ©’ $ H©’ $ x©’ eU94 x3 $ Ø©’ $ ª’ $ 8ª’ oU95 x3 $ ˜ª’ $ Ȫ’ $ øª’ qU96 x3 $ X«’ $ ˆ«’ $ ¸«’ {U97 x3 $ ¬’ $ H¬’ $ x¬’ }U98 x3 $ ج’ $ *’ $ 8*’ GU99 x3 $ ˜*’ $ È*’ $ ±’ Ifish 3 $ p±’ $ *±’ $ б’ Sfish a $ 0²’ $ `²’ $ ²’ Ufish $ ˆŸ’ $ ¨’ $ P³’ _fish a TRA_35 ’ $ à³’ $ ´’ ¡fish a $ p´’ $ *´’ $ ظ’ «timber st Territories µ’ $ 0µ’ *fish EXTRA_35 ’ $ Àµ’ $ ðµ’ ·timber TRA_35 ’ $ €¶’ $ °¶’ ¹timber TRA_35 ’
+ another 200 lines or so

EDIT: Okay, its not even about cultures, still causes these errors, with revolt.txt about 5 meg, what broke?

Last edited:
<crickets chirp>

Lol. Haven't forgotten this, just doing other stuff currently.

Teseng said:
Setting # of cultures low has insane side effects.

From revolt.txt

culture = {
type = U86 x3 $ (˜’ $ X˜’ $ ˆ˜’ ?U87 x3 $ 蘒 $ ™’ $ H™’ U88 x3 $ ¨™’ $ Ø™’ $ ›’ U89 x3 $ ¦’ $ H¦’ $ x¦’
U90 x3 $ ئ’ $ §’ $ 8§’ U91 x3 $ ˜§’ $ ȧ’ $ ø§’ U92 x3 $ X¨’ $ ˆ¨’ $ ¸¨’ cU93 x3 $ ©’ $ H©’ $ x©’ eU94 x3 $ Ø©’ $ ª’ $ 8ª’ oU95 x3 $ ˜ª’ $ Ȫ’ $ øª’ qU96 x3 $ X«’ $ ˆ«’ $ ¸«’ {U97 x3 $ ¬’ $ H¬’ $ x¬’ }U98 x3 $ ج’ $ *’ $ 8*’ GU99 x3 $ ˜*’ $ È*’ $ ±’ Ifish 3 $ p±’ $ *±’ $ б’ Sfish a $ 0²’ $ `²’ $ ²’ Ufish $ ˆŸ’ $ ¨’ $ P³’ _fish a TRA_35 ’ $ à³’ $ ´’ ¡fish a $ p´’ $ *´’ $ ظ’ «timber st Territories µ’ $ 0µ’ *fish EXTRA_35 ’ $ Àµ’ $ ðµ’ ·timber TRA_35 ’ $ €¶’ $ °¶’ ¹timber TRA_35 ’
+ another 200 lines or so

EDIT: Okay, its not even about cultures, still causes these errors, with revolt.txt about 5 meg, what broke?

Hmm. I know what type of programming faults cause this kind of behaviour but it could be difficult to trace. What settings are your using? Does it happen with the standard settings? Are you using any mods? Does it happen all the time, or just occasionaly?

JoeGiavani said:
This mod is awesome.
Thankyou.

Thanks and you're welcome!

Talquin said:
I was only able to look at about half the posts but does this work with VIP or just V:R?

It's for Victoria Revolutions, with any mod you like. However, mods that use different kinds of factories than vanilla (like VIP) may have a starting economy that is off-balance.

It's for Victoria Revolutions, with any mod you like. However, mods that use different kinds of factories than vanilla (like VIP) may have a starting economy that is off-balance.
VIP changes the goods around a bit though so I find that a few goods aren't produced at all.

This looks really great but the GUI won't open for me. It just sends me an error msg. The EXE works though.

What's the error message it sends?

Made a small update:

- AI will now colonize,
- Fixed a bug which could result in countries getting the wrong factories,
- Did some economy-balancing, most notably, I allowed steamer shipyards to exist from the start. This is because the AI doesn't build colonial fortresses and thus has to rely on steamer convoy to still be able to colonize.

It just doesn't start and Microsoft lets me know that it crashed.

Strange. What version of Windows are you running?

XP Pro.

I will try to see if this new version works any better. On that note, can your next version have all POPs pre-split? It sucks having 4 stacks of 7000 in every province at start. :( So tedious to click.

EDIT; Also the new download link is broken.

Last edited:
XP Pro.

I will try to see if this new version works any better. On that note, can your next version have all POPs pre-split? It sucks having 4 stacks of 7000 in every province at start. :( So tedious to click.

EDIT; Also the new download link is broken.

Fixed the download link. Thanks!

About your error: you could try installing the .NET Framework. Let me know if that works, because if it does, I should mention it in the first post.

Your suggestion about splitted pops is a good idea, and will probably be in the next version.

I already have that installed.

With latest version here is the Windows error sig:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rickrand gui.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 496519e5
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 471ebc5b P7 : 1f49 P8 : 0
P9 : system.typeloadexception

I already have that installed.

With latest version here is the Windows error sig:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rickrand gui.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 496519e5
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 471ebc5b P7 : 1f49 P8 : 0
P9 : system.typeloadexception

Try re-installing the framework (uninstall via add/remove programs in the control panel, then install). I can't think of anything else right now. The GUI works on all PCs I've tried it on. (and it doesn't do lots of fancy stuff either, it's just some buttons and sliders...)

In the meantime, you can try editing the settings in a settings file (here's a default settings file). Some notes: in yes/no-options, 1 means yes and 0 means no. Some characters are not allowed to appear in the scenario name: these are the same characters that are forbidden in file names. You can also leave out some options if you want, default settings will then be used (so a settings file doesn't necessarily have to be as long as the default one provided above). If you leave out the "name=" option, rickrand uses the system date and time to make a scenario name for you (so then it will never overwrite an earlier generated scenario). The "life_rating=" option can be "random", "equal" or "vanilla".

After having edited your options, save your settings file in the same folder as rickrand.exe, then choose Start - Run, browse to rickrand.exe, and after the path of rickrand.exe, type a space plus the filename of your settings file. In my case, my Run dialog reads:

"F:\Victoria\RickRand.exe" default.rrc

Well I tried to install the thing and I realized I couldn't. SO I uninstalled then tried to install. Couldn't.

Turns out I had a nasty Trojan virus. I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been for this. :)

It is removed no and all of a sudden all my programs realized I am a couple dozen months behind in updates.

I installed the .NET framework and it now works perfectly.

Not sure if the .NET was needed or not but I'm gonna say it was.

Thanks!

Well I tried to install the thing and I realized I couldn't. SO I uninstalled then tried to install. Couldn't.

Turns out I had a nasty Trojan virus. I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been for this. :)

It is removed no and all of a sudden all my programs realized I am a couple dozen months behind in updates.

I installed the .NET framework and it now works perfectly.

Not sure if the .NET was needed or not but I'm gonna say it was.

Thanks!

Good to see that my program contributed to the health of your PC :p:).

I'm glad it works now. The GUI was written in VisualBasic Express, so I think .NET is required to run it. But since you already had .NET installed, there must have been something else going on, probably the trojan messing up your system files.

Yeah .Net is needed then. Trojan did mess up files though.

Thanks again. :)

Any chance that the next version will let you define what percent of countries have what kind of party in power?

Any chance that the next version will let you define what percent of countries have what kind of party in power?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm first going to release another bug-fixing version, then, for 0.9, I will add new features again.