• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good update rcduggan! The monastic state colonizing America will be very cool. :D

Now I really want some arty pics of that last war... ;) :cool:

I wonder when the first civil war will show up... Afterall, it's hard to rule a realm from 3 places, Marienburg, Alexandria and somewhere America.... ;)
A veeeery blooody civil war! :rofl:

Enewald said:
I wonder when the first civil war will show up... Afterall, it's hard to rule a realm from 3 places, Marienburg, Alexandria and somewhere America.... ;)
A veeeery blooody civil war! :rofl:

Actually monastic orders are and were quite capable of accepting a higher authority (even out of their own ranks), which had a strange/funny revival in the 1960s 'space era', when experts proposed using priests or monastic orders to settle space colonies, because of decreased 'revolt risk'. :) But we'll eventually see what kind of furure rcduggan has envisaged for the order. ;) :D

As always a very interesting (and suspenseful update). :) Judging from my experience with EU 2/3 the AI must really have pulled off some crazy manouvers in this massive conflict. :p :rofl: :cool:

Btw Martin Luther died in 1546, so he hasn't that many 'dacades later' left after 1525 to shatter the unity of the HRE. :eek:

Amob_m_s said:
Wow. I NEVER imagined my self saying this: go France!

Nice update, interesting situation there with a centralized (relatively) empire including France.

And Teutons in America?
:D

well, it kind of makes sense. after accepting four generations of Hungarian emperors the electors would be more open to foreign Emperors, I think. not to mention due to the lack of Hapsburg Spain or a strong Austria, there were no other strong candidates, so Francis was a natural choice.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
Good update rcduggan! The monastic state colonizing America will be very cool.
thanks. I hope I don't dissapoint.

Murmurandus said:
Now I really want some arty pics of that last war...
I'll see what I can do. ;)

Enewald said:
I wonder when the first civil war will show up... Afterall, it's hard to rule a realm from 3 places, Marienburg, Alexandria and somewhere America....
A veeeery blooody civil war!

technically more than that, the order's headquarters is in Ordensburg Marienburg, the capital of the Monastic State is Konigsberg, the capital of the Levantine provinces is Jerusalem, capital of the Balkans is Constantinople, and capital of africa is alexandria. :D very confusing, but most areas are just ruled by Komturs who have equal say in the Landtag.

Polykrates said:
Actually monastic orders are and were quite capable of accepting a higher authority (even out of their own ranks), which had a strange/funny revival in the 1960s 'space era', when experts proposed using priests or monastic orders to settle space colonies, because of decreased 'revolt risk'. But we'll eventually see what kind of furure rcduggan has envisaged for the order.

As always a very interesting (and suspenseful update). Judging from my experience with EU 2/3 the AI must really have pulled off some crazy manouvers in this massive conflict.
Btw Martin Luther died in 1546, so he hasn't that many 'dacades later' left after 1525 to shatter the unity of the HRE.
yeah, the Order is still subservient to the Holy Roman Empire, they are probably the state with the most freedom though, only having to answer to the emperor himself, no-one in between. this is why they were allowed to stay neutral in the Navarre War.

thanks. the AI was pretty crazy. :eek:

two more decades, but his disiples will continue the reformation in his stead.

rcduggan said:
Thanks, I hope I don't dissapoint.

Trust me, you never do that! :cool:

Last edited:
Damn I missed the update for 2 full days ;)

Did we just see the start of the German invasion of the spanish beaches :p

Ok, I need more sleep judging from the quallity of my jokes.

I liked the update, but it might just have benefited from a map.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
Promise me, you never do that! :cool:
now, I'm not one to point out spelling / grammatical errors (;)) but "promise me" sounds weird... "trust me" sounds more correct I think, but I'm just being picky.

thanks though. :D

orlanth2000 said:
Damn I missed the update for 2 full days ;)

Did we just see the start of the German invasion of the spanish beaches :p

Ok, I need more sleep judging from the quallity of my jokes.

I liked the update, but it might just have benefited from a map.
oh no!

hahahaaah...

a map of Europe?

rcduggan said:
now, I'm not one to point out spelling / grammatical errors (;)) but "promise me" sounds weird... "trust me" sounds more correct I think, but I'm just being picky.

thanks though. :D

Hey, I'm not a native english speaker, and I am under the age of fourteen so.. :D

And yeah, it sounds a little weird. I thought Promise as in the swedish word. But now when I think, that sounds weird too! :wacko: :p

I too shall second the call for a map, the last map of Europe you had was absolutely marvelous, but it was such a long time ago.

Of course, if there was a choice, I'd love to see the lands of the Monastic State in America... when it happens, of course. I wonder which part of Americas you will choose for colonization or conquest (I guess it is easier to steal the colonies rather than build them).

Prinz Wilhelm said:
Hey, I'm not a native english speaker, and I am under the age of fourteen so.. :D

And yeah, it sounds a little weird. I thought Promise as in the swedish word. But now when I think, that sounds weird too! :wacko: :p

really? I didn't know that.

yes. :cool:

orlanth2000 said:
Yes, after the last wars, maybe one showing the alliances in effect, for now I guess they will change when Luther start nailing lists to doors
political situation and alliances, okay... I'll get on those. it might take a few days to get them all pretty-looking though.

nalivayko said:
I too shall second the call for a map, the last map of Europe you had was absolutely marvelous, but it was such a long time ago.

Of course, if there was a choice, I'd love to see the lands of the Monastic State in America... when it happens, of course. I wonder which part of Americas you will choose for colonization or conquest (I guess it is easier to steal the colonies rather than build them).
I'll get right on it.

Monastic state in Columbia first, later Atlantis. At first colonization, along with missionary work, eventually some conquest though.

by the way, does anyone remember: did I ever post the thing about a grand master reading about Atlantis in Alexandria? I wrote it a while back, but not sure if I posted it here.

rcduggan said:
by the way, does anyone remember: did I ever post the thing about a grand master reading about Atlantis in Alexandria? I wrote it a while back, but not sure if I posted it here.

I don't think you've posted something like that, unless my memory fails me. :D

rcduggan said:

No, we did get the storry of the pox (As far as I recall, but it might have been something else) making it across but not anything else, or else it must have been a very short note in the middle of an action piece

Prinz Wilhelm said:

I don't think you've posted something like that, unless my memory fails me. :D
Ah, okay, I wasn't sure.

Polykrates said:
You mentioned Atlantis as the name in your timeframe for the continent(s) we know as America(s), but you never explained where that naming came from IIRC.
I guess I should then.

orlanth2000 said:
No, we did get the storry of the pox (As far as I recall, but it might have been something else) making it across but not anything else, or else it must have been a very short note in the middle of an action piece
no, I don't think I posted it.

well I can't seem to find the story (I guess it was saved somewhere else? :confused: ) so you won't have to bear my subpar narrative skills. I'll just give you the gist:
a German scholar discovered part of the Library of Alexandria that had escaped destruction, a few scrolls, one of which was Plato's Critias, which as you may or may not know contains a description of the land of Atlantis, and as reports from Columbus and others trickled back to Europe, this scholar became convinced that Plato was describing "A distant point in the Atlantic Ocean," which is this new island / continent. so north America is called Atlantis, once south America is explored in great detail it is named in honor of Columbus, thus Columbia.

there you go, cliff notes to how the Americas were named. :D

update is being written, map is being made, both will hopefully be done soon (the map before the update no doubt)

also, if you want to know anything else about this alternate world, especially things I don't cover in the updates, don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to provide.

Just caught the latest and though peaceful for you, a wild ride for everyone else. Good idea to stay neutral and let them fight it out. I wonder if you'll ever see need to face off against the Spanish. Now might be the time for it while they are weakened.

And yes, a map would be great if you get a chance. Sounds like an interesting 16th century Europe.

coz1 said:
Just caught the latest and though peaceful for you, a wild ride for everyone else. Good idea to stay neutral and let them fight it out. I wonder if you'll ever see need to face off against the Spanish. Now might be the time for it while they are weakened.

And yes, a map would be great if you get a chance. Sounds like an interesting 16th century Europe.
for once the Order is at peace. of course, that doesn't mean Europe is.

I will get into a fight with Hispania later, but at the moment they have good relations with the Ordensstaat.

the map is done, added in the Treaty of Bordeaux part of the update. I also put it in this post for those who are too lazy to look it up. ;) You can probably guess what most of the nations are.
1525.png

Last edited:
Maybe you should crown yourself as the Kaiser der Ost-Rom... All set up a puppet governemt where you are the magister domus....
But I think you really should declare yourself as the emperor of east rom.
A theocratic Byzant would be amazing.... ;)

Thank you, it make more sense now with the map, it is also a way of showing of the succes in the holyland.

Beside the Livonian Order, are there other suborders ?