+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaybanid - Central Asia's Finest

Shaybanid - Central Asia's Finest

Shaybanid - Central Asia's Finest
    Shaybanid in July 1539

That's us right there in the centre. Quite a nice country really.

Here's a bit more about us, the kind of info we'd supply for a personal ad cos see, it says we're honourable.

Of course we're of the good true religion of Sunni Islam. You will note to that life really is greener on the Sunni side of life as opposed to Shi'ite.

Here's our pride and joy, Samarkand. When it comes to cities there is no finer. That little pile of coins the soldier is guarding means that lots of people like to shop in Samarkand too which is nice.

We're landlocked but that doesn't bother us as water is kind of scary. In fact the only river in our land, the Amu Darya, flows so fast and fierce it actually rushes back up the hills as you can see above.

We may not have much idea but we do have some. However this "Divine Supremacy" thing sounds a bit wishy washy.

Yeah why not go for some Smithian Supremacy instead, plus monocles are so in this summer.

We're mostly content with our lot but our lot really should be a bit bigger as you can see here.

Maybe this will help achieve that end?

Oh, Shyband, put not your trust in Kazacks. For in truth, the better friends are those in Chagatai.

Sayings of the Oracle of Samarkand

Another Horde, another day.

HAHA Subscribed - After Scourge from the east, I have to read it.

Shaybanid land must be truly original place, with different laws of hydrodynamics

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

woot, a duke of wellington AAR ill be able to follow from the start.
    Count me as subscribed.
    "If it's true, it probably ain't simple, and if it's simple, it sure as hell ain't true" - my old physics professor

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Funny, will be reading this.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Excellent dry humour, got to follow this.
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

As said, funny. Most excellent.
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The best bit about having all those shops is surely that you'll get to meet girls!

Oh, one other thing are you Uzbek?

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

uzbek as an accepted culture?!

However, it is balanced by the fact that you own Samarkand!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    You're Uzbek and allying with Kazakhs?

Are you out of your mind? They've got inferior potassium (even if they tell everyone else different)
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Europa Universalis 3

What in the hell is happening here?? Duke is an Uzbek??

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I will be sure to follow what will doubtless be an entertaining saga.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    I will never support you! uzbeks are the scum of the world!
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

This looks like it will be fun! Go for it Duke. Uzbeks may be the scum of the earth, but remember - scum is always destined to rise to the top!
    Fide et Fortitudine
    Currently writing a CK AAR: The Hidden Cross - a tale of the Byzantine Empire and the Bryennios Dynasty

My Inkwell - links to all 20 Farquharson AARs

Chief Ragusa - An interesting saying. It could well be true for the Kazakhs are rather a dominating force in the region along with the Persians. So I'm sandwiched between them.

thrashing mad - Thanks, it does indeed have interesting gravity. This will be different than my Horde AAR in that it will be largely picture based.

Cyrus_The_Great - Thank you, an honour to know that you are eager to read.

Dysken - Thanks, I'll try to keep the humour up.

EvilSanta - Great to have you along in one of my AARs after I've enjoyed quite a few of yours.

Snake IV - Thanks, you're always a welcome reader to have with good comments to make.

PrawnStar - I am Uzbek. I swear it was an accident that I didn't notice until I had begun preparing the AAR. I figured why not go with it and see things from the other side.

J. Passepartout - Aye. Being Uzbek (note its a capital U in this AAR ) will surprise some but I can't resist getting to own Samarkand since I'm fascinated by the whole area and particularly that city.

RGB - Strange as it is, it's true.

Tomczas - Well lets have a look at how Tatars seem from the other side shall we?

billy bob - Well you can be the guy that follows this AAR always hoping to see it crumble and offering bad advice. Does that suit?

Farquharson - So true An excellent saying there, maybe national motto for Shaybanid?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Do not ally with Kazakh! They consider your people assholes after all (like Borat said). You could expect a serious stab in back after some time, but it is your game of course and you are the one making decisions . Good luck!
    Where have all the young girls gone?

An Uzbek DOW just does not sound right. We all know how much you like writing events. Change your culture, edit your rulers list to give yourself the right culture and the right sounding leaders.

Shaybanid being Uzbek just isn't right. I can't believe you'd be really committed to having them win, not really, deep down.

I can see Kazaks soon becoming kazaks, though. How good are your relations with your neightbours? Good beiong relative, of course.

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    Yes it does suit. Now declare war on the Persians!!! Do it now!
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k club

Good to get in on the ground-floor of another DoW AAR. Nice to see you taking the uzbek -- I guess we're back to Uzbek now, right? -- side this time.

Vann

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington
    You will note to that life really is greener on the Sunni side of life as opposed to Shi'ite.
    This made me smile. Good luck with the Shaybanids (I suspect you will need it) and looking forward to the next installment of this AAR.
    EU3 AARs - Re-Uniting Gondwanaland - with Elephants! (completed)
    Screaming Popes (completed) , Resistance is Futile (completed)
    I carried a bill for the Free Company in Free Company Book VII - Closure (demise much regretted)
    EU2 AARs - Ayutthaya - The March of the Elephant , The Walls of the City , Piazza Genovese

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast