+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Historia Universalis

Europa Universalis 3

Historia Universalis

---------------------HISTORIA UNIVERSALIS------------------------

New Mod, about 300-1453 to add to original game.
    The objectives are : -be quite true about the History. after all, even if the mod wasn't playable, the minimum are to be like encyclopédia universalis.
    -Make playable the game in continuity and not to easy.
    So for limitate the bigest empire, an other strong part of the gameplay has added. administration of the country.
    This is one of the news loadingscreen :

If you want to help me, i will be very happy.
    For a mod like that, if i finished, maybe i will enlarge the timeline. But now, it's 300-1800.
    The History before 300 look to unsure to be accurate.

First Step :
    Make all history.
    Second Step :
    Make Playable (short )
    Last Step :
    Make All History Playable for the long play.

So, The time line is for the First Step. And If you think or want to extend this, you could help me to do. But the most important is to finish something

The preview of the new using map :
    http://files.filefront.com/maprar/;8.../fileinfo.html
    The map are changed since that.
    Now :
    Map construction : 70%
    Country creation : 33%
    Provinces history : 10%
    Events creation : 1%
    Diplomatic : 0%
    Flags : 10%
    Unit graphic : 0%
    Common files and balance : 30%
    Total : 15%

Search for extend time line to up (1800-2000) : 65%
    Search for extend time line to down (-3114-300) : 70%
    (Possibility not sure for now, just search )
    Last edited by yupa; 14-09-2007 at 19:17.

Sweet

Sweet!! Where can i download?

Victoria 2

This is looking great! I hope you will succeed in making this a great mod.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Sounds awsome, but isnt there already at least two other mods covering almost the same period?

Europa Universalis 3

Update ! It was time!

I waiting for help.

First step, what I have Already made :
    well, Roman Empire of course and then evolution...
    In 504

In 830, on campaign menu. It is the campaign for make of keep Unity. At this time of the history many country fight for them unity.
    Carolingian Empire (15years latter he was divised ) The Abbassids, Tang who collapsed 70years latter, Shilla who just unified Korea...
    And Because I work hard in this mod to make that keep unity for a big country was hard, but not hard just with some percentage of revolts more, but realistic difficulty and that make you could keep.
    This is because in my thirst game, I have made a world empire ( 900city) so if we can make a world empire in 400years, why add 1000years ?

In 850, After Carolingian empire was divised (843) and before the Lotharingia will divised again... (855) :

Like you could see, i actually working on a new map for be able to create some states and good frontiers.
    This is some new flags :

(Srivijaya/emirate of tortose/Fatimids/Asturias/Koguryo/Califate/Wessex/Pampelune/Roman Empire/Sui)

(Vasconia/Ghassanids/Sassanids/Huns/Emirate of Cordova/Benevento/Kingdom of Arles/Jin/Shilla/Wisigoths)
    Well, some flags are real, and some other are made with object and symbols of the nations. If you find better, I will be happy...

This mod is Open to every one who want to participate.
    the Object ?
    To be extremly true to history and make a mod without failure.
    The objective are to create the world, with the logic of the world.
    No ethnic tech groups. Evolving tech groups. Countries will maybe up or down...
    More Policies, Religions...

After all, even if i tell "I will finish that" I am sure i will be finish for the history, even if it's unplayable, i will finish. But I will make everythings for do that mod will playable, and more playable than the original game.
    But for this program, and don't collapse, and have a normal life, I need people who wan't to make this...
    And then it will be done, we can easiest extend the begining time to 200 or before JC etc...
    For now, If you want to help, just said that, and in what domain you want to help.

Well, I ask in the same time : I wish to make that ancient building stay in the graphic group where they build, and to have multi-cutural city. It's Possible ?
    (well, more building and graphists are welcome )
    Last edited by yupa; 15-05-2007 at 06:52.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    looks very interesting
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Looks really awsome, wishes that I had some skills so that I could help.

Looks very interesting, and it is some beautiul flags you have found. However I'm wondering if it really makes sense to model stuff like the Visigoth and Ostrogoth (and many other tribes and cultural groups) as cohesive nations in this way?

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nis Baggesen
    However I'm wondering if it really makes sense to model stuff like the Visigoth and Ostrogoth (and many other tribes and cultural groups) as cohesive nations in this way?

Your question about the sense to play the tribes and cultural groups as cohesive nations, is a good question, and I could answer to that : Cultural groups and tribes are unplayable in the game.
    But Your two exemple are really wrong !
    Visigoths and Ostrogoths are definitly Kingdoms and not "tribes and cultural groups".
    You Rise a good point : Where is the limits of a tribe and a kingdom, a nation and a culture. Well could I make Sarmats or Venedes as playable ?
    The other point is : some state are not recognized by the Roman Empire, or the in other time by a great empire, But does that mean that they did not exist? As now when The USA recognized or not the Palestinian state, China, or North Korea, this countries exist after all.

At all events, Even if the limits between tribe and kingdom are not clear, Visigoths and Ostrogoths are kingdoms.
    If you talk about culture groups, talk about "goths".
    When they are kingdoms, dynasties and capitals, coins, armys and laws, official religion and politics systems, I can't think only one seconds they are tribes and not able to play.

Well if you want to help, try to add some new informations, events, propositions, graphism, etc. and not soustract.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

looks awesome!!!

but two things:

1. what language to you speak first? (if you don't mind my asking so)

2. how will you make sure the outcome is as histiorical as possible?
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by rcduggan
    looks awesome!!!

but two things:

1. what language to you speak first? (if you don't mind my asking so)

2. how will you make sure the outcome is as histiorical as possible?
    1. French... My english is so bad ?

2. Multiple sources (when it's possible) when 2 are different, search more deep.
    Well, and when I search to know when a dynastie falls (by exemple) I search Why, and how.
    And this for every search.
    The first objective are, If you are born at Cagliari (Sardinia) you will not find mistake in this mod, and you will learn about your city.
    The second objective are : make it playable (even more than original game).

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    question, are you just going to focus in europe or will you focus in the entire globe?
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

No era penal...

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Capibara
    question, are you just going to focus in europe or will you focus in the entire globe?
    Entire Globe !
    I have send the european screenshot because this is more "visual". and because you can easy find an atlas on internet about that to recognize the history.
    As you can see in the screen N°2 ; Tang, Abbassids, Shilla, Magyars , Khazar, Uigurs aren't european.
    Like Srivijaya, Jin, Sui, Koguryo, Ghassanids, Sassanids in the exemples of new flag...

Blog Entries
    fine then, i could help with american countries

No era penal...

Quote Originally Posted by yupa
    Visigoths and Ostrogoths are definitly Kingdoms and not "tribes and cultural groups".
    Indeed I am Sorry about that. I'm too used to thinking about the goths as tribes of the Migration Period, and not of the kingdoms they made when settled. I stand firmly corrected.

I would certainly call it dubious to model the Carolingian Empire as one cohesive nation, given the extensive subdivision and the strength of the provicial govenors.

Likewise starting your mod in 300 when the germanic tribes where still migrating/invading, might also be problematic, since I think the engine will have a hard time matching this behavior. Naturally the history files can be made to simulate moving kingdoms, but once the game start, I think the game state will be much more frozen than was actually the case during the period.

As for adding and not subtracting from your mod, I'm very sorry you took my comments that way. I wasn't trying to imply that certain nations/tribes/people would be unplayable, or that your mod was a bad idea, just that there may be certain limitations to what is easy to simulate in the EU3 engine. But I'll certainly stay out of your way from now on.

Europa Universalis 3

no problem.
    I understand because before i start this mod I know this "problems"
    So, I try to stop them...
    You say the game are to stable, and don't change at all...
    Yeah, but i try to make different.
    So different that at the last try, In 10years ( 634-644) The face of the world have changed, everywhere.
    Well, the population flux are instable for now.
    Some time works, sometime not. Sometime -43% for no reason, and sometime nothing but a reason...
    The independance are instable too.
    Don't think I just make a historical map, I work on the game too.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

I hope you can get it to come out historically acurate after such a long time period...
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Hordes and Tribes

Quote Originally Posted by yupa

Your question about the sense to play the tribes and cultural groups as cohesive nations, is a good question, and I could answer to that : Cultural groups and tribes are unplayable in the game.
    You Rise a good point : Where is the limits of a tribe and a kingdom, a nation and a culture. Well could I make Sarmats or Venedes as playable ?
    The other point is : some state are not recognized by the Roman Empire, or the in other time by a great empire, But does that mean that they did not exist? As now when The USA recognized or not the Palestinian state, China, or North Korea, this countries exist after all.

At all events, Even if the limits between tribe and kingdom are not clear, Visigoths and Ostrogoths are kingdoms.
    If you talk about culture groups, talk about "goths".
    When they are kingdoms, dynasties and capitals, coins, armys and laws, official religion and politics systems, I can't think only one seconds they are tribes and not able to play.

Well if you want to help, try to add some new informations, events, propositions, graphism, etc. and not soustract.
    So the real issue is whether they attack and defend as a cohesive, allied unit and the answer is yes. Therefore they can be modeled as an entity.

You should try and follow an AGCEEP model. Don't try and force the players to be 100% historical by shoving it down their throats at every turn, but put lots of historical events in the game to make the A.I be reasonably historical, and let the player alter history, and the A.I only respond to those alterations.
    The Soaring Eagle: Rise of Maniakes A narrative/gameplay based Byzantine Mega Campaign starting in 1066 and going as far as I possibly can! Has one the best WritAAR award
    The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR Two time winner of the Weekly AAR Choice Awards and one time winner of Best Character Writer Award - Cancelled
    Rise of the Eurasian Alliance - Cancelled

Sig Sig Sputnik Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Very impressive work so far.

One small note (which maybe you know already) your flag of Lotharingie is in fact the coat of arms of Lothian in Scotland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast