• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Follow up to Nietzsche:

You are quite right. I should've changed that when I made Seqouyah a release-able country. Will fix that in the next update.

Thanks for pointing out my oversight!

Running out of thoughts, but maybe this could pose a problem. When I go to pick the southern Road to War, there are two Southern Road to War options, both offer to let me play as the confederacy. So, is one of these southern Road to War options from the earlier HOI DD CSA file I downloaded and could it be messing up the Armagedden update? I dont know if there is supposed to be two CSA or not. It was just a late night brainstorm I had. If I need to somehow delete the old Doomsday thread I need a link to the old download for it. I deleted the files for it, but dont remember if I deactivated it or not.

At least some you are getting to play Armageddon...I keep getting an error message telling me to install the lastest milestone...to which I am asking what milestone?

Csa Download Error

I tried downloading the HOI CSA Armagedden file from both provided links onto another computer of mine with HOI DD on it. On this computer there was only one SOuthern Road to War Option, but the critical error was diffrent. This time it read:
_Error: ( ai-prefs:unexpected field)'max_stagingdistance=15'line=781 file =
ai\Eng_1936ai

I was reading past posts from this forum and people said they got the same error, Is there anyway around it other than downloading this program over and over and hoping one will eventually work? I've done it a dozen times now.
I dont know if you or any other mod designers found a way to work with this.
Thanks

Italianoman421 said:
I tried downloading the HOI CSA Armagedden file from both provided links onto another computer of mine with HOI DD on it. On this computer there was only one SOuthern Road to War Option, but the critical error was diffrent. This time it read:
ai\Eng_1936ai

I was reading past posts from this forum and people said they got the same error, Is there anyway around it other than downloading this program over and over and hoping one will eventually work? I've done it a dozen times now.
Thanks

As you have no doubt seen, I have had people with this problem in my mod, although at rare and random intervals, which suggests a corrupt download. I doubt there is much you can do apart from another DL (not what you wanted to hear Im sure...) Make sure you are using the right mod for the right version of DD or Armageddon, it sounds like you are doing a lot of back and forth with versions!

Italianoman421 said:
Running out of thoughts, but maybe this could pose a problem. When I go to pick the southern Road to War, there are two Southern Road to War options, both offer to let me play as the confederacy. So, is one of these southern Road to War options from the earlier HOI DD CSA file I downloaded and could it be messing up the Armagedden update? I dont know if there is supposed to be two CSA or not. It was just a late night brainstorm I had. If I need to somehow delete the old Doomsday thread I need a link to the old download for it. I deleted the files for it, but dont remember if I deactivated it or not.

There should definitely NOT be more than one "Southern Road to War" scenario.

If you didn't deactivate a previous mod install before cutting & pasting another, then yes, there will be all kinds of problems.

May be best to do a clean install of DD/A and go from there.

Karagin said:
At least some you are getting to play Armageddon...I keep getting an error message telling me to install the lastest milestone...to which I am asking what milestone?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Armageddon. Wish I could help, but fixing that is all on PI.

If it helps, the CA mod should work just fine with plain ol' DD.

Hope your tech problems are resolved soon!

Italianoman421 said:
ai\Eng_1936ai

I assume you're getting bad DLs from both links, then? If that's the case, it's either 1) something on your computers that's hacking up the downloads (virus scan, maybe? Just a guess...) or 2) your luck is terrible, and you keep getting crappy DLs.

My mods have been downloaded more than 1,000 times; this is the *second* time anyone's reported this problem using the exact same files. Based on the very limited evidence I have to go on, this is all I can tell you to do:

1) The other person who had this problem (with the old SRTDD mod) got it to work by deleting the "AI" folder from the Doomsday/MODS/(Mod Name) directory. This didn't work for you before, but I've only got one more suggestion...

2) HMS Enterprize reports similar problems with his mod, and all such difficulties there were resolved by just keep DL-ing until an uncorrupted copy showed up.

I sincerely wish there was more I could offer. Heck, at this point I'd send you a buck or two just for your time and trouble. But since the problem is on your end, way on the other side of the Internet, there's just not a whole I can do but apologize.

CSABadass said:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Armageddon. Wish I could help, but fixing that is all on PI.

If it helps, the CA mod should work just fine with plain ol' DD.

Hope your tech problems are resolved soon!

After finding out that you need install Armageddon OVER Doomsday to get it to work things are better...well as good as they get given all the furstations and such... :rolleyes: :rofl:

Karagin said:
After finding out that you need install Armageddon OVER Doomsday to get it to work things are better...well as good as they get given all the furstations and such... :rolleyes: :rofl:

:) Glad to hear everything's working for you now!

Well, at least as well as Armageddon works, that is.

Thanks For All The Help

I've finally got a CSA game download that works. I just wanted to thank the people who very patiently answered my questions on how to get to this point.

Italianoman421 said:
I've finally got a CSA game download that works. I just wanted to thank the people who very patiently answered my questions on how to get to this point.

Great news! Thank you for your persistence. Now I just hope CA was worth the time and effort.

I spent most of last night playing, and the mod is a lot of fun. I am curious about one thing. My resource production is nuts. I'm gaining about 500 energy and oil per day, and most other resources are coming in between 100 and 300. Money is the only thing I need to trade for, but that's obviously no problem. I don't see that you fiddled with those stats, but something seems wacky.

Re: Tech teams - I don't see Hughes, but I'm only in 1939. Until 1938, the Confederacy has no-one who can do artillery. Maybe you could add Tredegar? Say 5-6 skill artillery, manufacturing, supplies, and management? The various Langley stuff should probably be renamed - replaced. Langley was born in Roxbury, MA and was a professor in PA during the Civil War. Waco is the only southern US aircraft manufacturer I'm aware of, but making up a few companies to fill needs would be fine.

SethG said:
I spent most of last night playing, and the mod is a lot of fun. I am curious about one thing. My resource production is nuts. I'm gaining about 500 energy and oil per day, and most other resources are coming in between 100 and 300. Money is the only thing I need to trade for, but that's obviously no problem. I don't see that you fiddled with those stats, but something seems wacky.

I cant speak for badass directly but in my mod I added no additional resources to the CSA and as you say, they are very self sufficient. I think I may have dropped the stats a bit (I cant exactly remember now) because their oil production was astronomical.

Although I added IC to the CSA to represent focused industrial production in the south (hopefully a bit more than OTL US government did). Bottom line is- chances are the resources are just a direct transfer from what was available in OTL USA.

fmac42064 said:
Great mod. I have already played for a couple of hours after downloading and enjoy it a lot!!!!

Thank you very much--glad you're enjoying CA!

SethG said:

Re: Tech teams - I don't see Hughes, but I'm only in 1939. Until 1938, the Confederacy has no-one who can do artillery. Maybe you could add Tredegar?

The CSA naturally has crazy-mad resources--I didn't change a thing there. That's just part of the fun of being in North America in the 1940s, especially in the part that has most of the oil.

Thanks for the 411 on Langley! I'll change that to something more chicken-fried in the next update.

I addressed tech team questions (about artillery in particular) in the old SRTDD thread:

"As for the CSA's arms procurement, keep in mind its military (absent the navy, primarily built at the Norfolk Navy Yards) is tiny in 1936, and all Great War models at that. They are therefore able to get by on leftover WWI stockpiles, the remnants of that great past industrial burst able to sustain their miniscule land forces during the Great Depression. If anything else is needed, it is imported, primarily from the Commonwealth.

Higgins Industries' 1938 emergence in the game is an early sign of the CSA's economic recovery, as well as its government waking up to the impending world crises and revivifying its domestic arms industry.

(As an aside, that's one of the reasons I previously left Higgins' start date as-is in 1939--it then flourishes only after the isolationist Long Administration is gone. However, now the CSA faces a crisis of its own with Mexico in 1938, making the new start date the more sensible.)

4) One thing to keep in mind about DD tech teams in general is that not every nation is going to do everything well at all times. That's historical, and it keeps the game balanced. The CSA is far from the worst off in this regard. For example, the UK never has more than two specialty matches when researching the land doctrine it invented(!).

It's a bit of a challenge before and after Higgins Ind. exists in the game, but hey, stuff like that makes the game more interesting to me. Just my opinion, but something to consider, I hope.

Thanks for trying the CA mod!

Last edited:
HMS Enterprize said:
I cant speak for badass directly but in my mod I added no additional resources to the CSA and as you say, they are very self sufficient. I think I may have dropped the stats a bit (I cant exactly remember now) because their oil production was astronomical.

Although I added IC to the CSA to represent focused industrial production in the south (hopefully a bit more than OTL US government did). Bottom line is- chances are the resources are just a direct transfer from what was available in OTL USA.

Correct as usual, good sir! Thanks for covering for me here whilst I slept.;)

CSABadass said:
Correct as usual, good sir! Thanks for covering for me here whilst I slept.;)

No problem. Always glad to help. Sons of the South united!