• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CSABadass

DV Mod Maker
49 Badges
Jan 16, 2003
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Eternal Thanks
To all those who helped improve my mod: The Grand Jury, Cpack, Sarmatia1871, Kanitatlan, Ayeshteni, RossN, PainedFuture, HMS Enterprize, Shonison, AlanC9, m_spencer, TigerCub, delanonne, anti-commi, the_kipper, Tyrel, CSARebel, Italianoman421, BritNavFan, SethG, Jai, trekaddict, General Grant (no, really!), Lothos, Gen. Schuermann, danielshannon, Hubsi, Duke_of_BOOM!, MacDunne, JohnnyReb, TeutonburgerW, Karagin, RolandRahn, and my heroes Mezzo & MartinBG.

Last edited:
CSABadass said:
The old "Southern Road to Doomsday" mod is making the jump to Armageddon. Watch this space for download information, coming in the next few days.
What exactly are you planning? Modding the Original campaigns still, and just making it compatible or doing something with the new mp ones?

And I'm still waiting for my "The Mexican Question" events. ;)

Expecting greatness.

CSABadass said:
The old "Southern Road to Doomsday" mod is making the jump to Armageddon. Watch this space for download information, coming in the next few days.
Ooo great, I have to get Armageddon now...

semihippie said:
What exactly are you planning? Modding the Original campaigns still, and just making it compatible or doing something with the new mp ones?

Expecting greatness.

Wow, greatness--that'd be a first for me.:) Frankly, I'd settle for getting this thread stickied.

Compatibility is the main issue, but I'm also looking at expanding the CSA leader file. Other improvements will come later as we've all had time to play around with Armageddon and see what else it needs.

CSABadass said:
Wow, greatness--that'd be a first for me.:) Frankly, I'd settle for getting this thread stickied.

Alas, I dont think anyone gets a sticky in here... :(

HMS Enterprize said:
Alas, I dont think anyone gets a sticky in here... :(

Although apparently if you abandon your mod, it gets its own sub-forum.:)

So far what I have read the seen in the mod things are awesome! Excellent work!

Will let you know more as I play the mod further.

Karagin said:
So far what I have read the seen in the mod things are awesome! Excellent work!

Will let you know more as I play the mod further.

Thank you very much--I hope you continue to enjoy it!

After some brainstorming...how about the possibility of a second US Civil War? Not between the CSA and USA, but between...wait for it...

The Commonwealth of California, and the United States of America. The world is in Depression, and the West-coasters are fed up with the lack of progress in the US, and inspired by the CSA's victorious secession from the Union, begin to revolt themselves. Now, if the US should get warning-events, like the ability to change their economic/ect policies to apease those on the West Coast(with a larger dissent hit if they don't, but they also lose resources if they do).

If it does come to Secession, they should gain the enitre coast, and a bit of the adjenct provinces. If you're playing as the CSA, you should get the option to support the US or California. If you support the Californians, they will no longer have claims on your land...and if you don't, they'll have claims on you, and mexico. But, if you do support them(think Spanish Civil war type support), there's a chance the US might try to stop you.

This would require a lot of work...but, it's just an idea, and it's yours to use/not use. Just a thought.

Nietzsche said:
After some brainstorming...how about the possibility of a second US Civil War? Not between the CSA and USA, but between...wait for it...

The Commonwealth of California, and the United States of America. The world is in Depression, and the West-coasters are fed up with the lack of progress in the US, and inspired by the CSA's victorious secession from the Union, begin to revolt themselves. Now, if the US should get warning-events, like the ability to change their economic/ect policies to apease those on the West Coast(with a larger dissent hit if they don't, but they also lose resources if they do).

If it does come to Secession, they should gain the enitre coast, and a bit of the adjenct provinces. If you're playing as the CSA, you should get the option to support the US or California. If you support the Californians, they will no longer have claims on your land...and if you don't, they'll have claims on you, and mexico. But, if you do support them(think Spanish Civil war type support), there's a chance the US might try to stop you.

This would require a lot of work...but, it's just an idea, and it's yours to use/not use. Just a thought.

Don't know if you're familiar with the Crimson Skies game, but I've often thought of doing a mod based on its premise of the US falling apart during the Depression. Sadly, I don't have the time or graphics fu to pull it off.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. Hope you enjoy CA at any rate!

In case you haven't seen it, the first Armageddon patch is out: http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296866

The new version seems fully compatible with the CA mod, but if y'all find any problems unrelated to Armageddon itself, please post them here. Just be sure to deactivate the mod in JSGME before patching.

As far as I can tell, CA seems to work just fine with plain ol' DD, too, and if any of y'all try that out on your own please let me know if my assumption is true.

Beamed said:
You need a cooler name for this mod! "Southern Road to Doomsday" for example, was awesome. Hmm..
The Dixie Armageddon!

That's funny--myself, I thought the SRTDD title was kind of ass not long after I released the mod. At any rate, I think CA does a better job of getting across what the mod is actually about, as does your suggested moniker.

Thanks for checking out my mods, by any other name!