+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1454

Thread: MAGNA MUNDI - Historic Plausible Outcomes - v2.0.5 Released

  1. #1
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694

    MAGNA MUNDI - Historic Plausible Outcomes - v2.2.2Released

    MAGNA MUNDI 2.2.3


    REQUIRES PATCH 1.2.1 TO WORK PROPERLY

    Download it HERE


    What is Magna Mundi?

    Magna Mundi is a mod for Europa Universalis III that is based on three basic cornerstones:

    Adding historical plausibility to the game
    Adding depth to the game.
    Increasing the difficulty level of the game through a better abstraction of the real world.



    To achieve these objectives our approach have been to extensively tweak systems and introduce multiple types of events.

    In Magna Mundi 2.0.5 you can expect:

    A more plausible colonization system.
    A more realistic army management system.
    Realistic game mechanics to bring the game closer to reality in order to avoid the fantasy results so common in the standard game.
    Event chains that provide context to play in certain regions and with certain countries. If we had to choose The Knights and Portugal are fine examples of this implementation.
    Control events that help the game achieve realistic results while adding to the story. Most notable of these events are certainly the Holy Roman Empire ones.
    Events to help the bigger nations to form and get powerful most of the time. Cases in point are Spain, Turkey, Russia and France.
    Extensive overhaul of National Ideas to make them more fun and harder to choose from. No idea is useless now.
    Extensive overhaul of the espionage game and everything related to it.



    Enjoy!
    Last edited by ubik; 14-04-2007 at 03:15.

  2. #2
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694
    Contrary to what has been said, we could not include Holland formation in this version because of the CTD bugs.

    Other than that, have fun!


    Ubik, SharpAlignment

  3. #3
    I hope everyone enjoys this release, alot of work when in to it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    Contrary to what has been said, we could not include Holland formation in this version because of the CTD bugs.

    Other than that, have fun!


    Ubik, SharpAlignment
    Yay

    There is a magnamundi.mod file in the zip as well. Whats that for?

  5. #5
    Thank You!

    *downloads*

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Immacolata
    Yay

    There is a magnamundi.mod file in the zip as well. Whats that for?
    That is required to run the mod. Read the instructions in the readme.

  7. #7
    Lord High Admiral merlin2199's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Dunny-on-the-Wold
    Posts
    787
    Alright! Time to close photoshop and take this for a spin
    "The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men." - Alexander Hamilton

    >>Merlin's Graphics Mod for EU3<<
    -->Discussion Thread<--

    >>Hearts of Iron Flags<<
    Germany (Balken Cross)
    Japan (Rising Sun)

  8. #8
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694
    We want feedback!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    We want feedback!

    Ok just started as Castille tho, too early to tell.

    But theres a few things, which might be EU3 bugs or just me not understanding how the game works.

    1) I DoW Granada and conquer all 3 provinces. 100 war score but Annex is greyed out?

    2) I win seabattles against granada navy. Their ships are then stuck. Says arriving at Gibraltar the next day, but they never arrive and I cant battle them either.

    Im looking forward to play with the new spies!

  10. #10
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Immacolata
    Ok just started as Castille tho, too early to tell.

    But theres a few things, which might be EU3 bugs or just me not understanding how the game works.

    1) I DoW Granada and conquer all 3 provinces. 100 war score but Annex is greyed out?

    2) I win seabattles against granada navy. Their ships are then stuck. Says arriving at Gibraltar the next day, but they never arrive and I cant battle them either.

    Im looking forward to play with the new spies!
    1) You can only annex 1 province countries. Grab their other two provinces and later declare war again and annex...

    2) As pure speculation, perhaps you conquered Gibraltar while the defeated navy was entering port and now they cannot enter anymore, getting stuck into a sort of limbo.. It is not a Magna Mundi issue, though...

  11. #11
    Morlock Duke of Earl's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Xiamen, Fujian, China
    Posts
    911
    Any major changes since beta version 2.0?

  12. #12
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl
    Any major changes since beta version 2.0?
    Major? No.

    But some important tweaks, though. Don't play with the beta.

    Download release version.

  13. #13
    Captain xereck's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Frederiksberg (Copenhagen), Denmark
    Posts
    482
    Is most of the Baltic Sea supposed to be Terra Incognita to Denmark? Seems weird if it is, considering we've been sailing there for several hundreds of years on viking raids and from there on up the rivers into russia.

  14. #14
    MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    18,694
    Quote Originally Posted by xereck
    Is most of the Baltic Sea supposed to be Terra Incognita to Denmark? Seems weird if it is, considering we've been sailing there for several hundreds of years on viking raids and from there on up the rivers into russia.
    Hummm... can you see the sea in ANY province? Or is it all white?

    If the answer for the econd question is yes, you must go to mod/magnamundi/map/Terrain and delete colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds

  15. #15
    Captain xereck's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Frederiksberg (Copenhagen), Denmark
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik
    Hummm... can you see the sea in ANY province? Or is it all white?

    If the answer for the econd question is yes, you must go to mod/magnamundi/map/Terrain and delete colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds
    All other seazones are nice and blue (of those seazones known to Denmark ofc), but the "Terra Incognita" pops up as I hover my mouse over those before mentioned seazones in the Baltic Sea. Can't move my ships in there either.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by xereck
    Is most of the Baltic Sea supposed to be Terra Incognita to Denmark? Seems weird if it is, considering we've been sailing there for several hundreds of years on viking raids and from there on up the rivers into russia.
    No. It looks like there is something wrong with your install. Are you overwritting a previous version of Magna Mundi? If so, delete the entire magna mundi folder and re-extract it. There are some new history files that govern this.

  17. #17
    Captain xereck's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Frederiksberg (Copenhagen), Denmark
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpAlignment
    No. It looks like there is something wrong with your install. Are you overwritting a previous version of Magna Mundi? If so, delete the entire magna mundi folder and re-extract it. There are some new history files that govern this.
    Ah might be that then.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by xereck
    Ah might be that then.
    Because of the Imperial Free Cities some of the province IDs were changed on those sea zones, if you don't have the new history files with the correct information then they will be undiscovered by everyone.

  19. #19

    Thanks!!

    This is Great!! Thanks for all the time and hard work to make this!!!

    I find that I just can't play vanilla with mods like this around.

    Again, Great Work!!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Necro
    This is Great!! Thanks for all the time and hard work to make this!!!

    I find that I just can't play vanilla with mods like this around.

    Again, Great Work!!
    Lol. Yes. Mods are terrible with that. Having a great time with EU3+MM. Jesus its late! I better go to bed.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts