• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Germany's just as fragmented as always. *sigh*

The wait's no problem, the update was really great. I think what I particularly enjoyed about this one was how the History of Poland impacted the history of the various German states, it gives a nice sense of perspective to the story, by putting Poland in its place as a world power.

Wonderful update!

Also, this explanation gives me a reason to cheer for Mecklemburg - usually I hate them for expanding ahistorically like they tend to do.

Great Update as ever, you are really doing something great whit this AAR. I don't know if you noticed, but after your AAR, a lot of Megacampaigns are beign developed. I remember when i first enter the AAR forums, looking for a megacampaign, i remember to find one about Byzantium (that was a like a Hyper campaign, cause it even continued into galactic civilizations), but besides that there was none beign worked on, except for one thread about a polish megacampaign. Its easy to see the impact of your AAR in the other megacampaigns, just look at their formats. So, Congratulations, and hope you keep up the good work. You are really making a great AAR here.

Emperor_krk - Thank you, situation in former Byzantine lands is indeed quite interesting - details soon :)

Grubnessul - Cheers mate, thanks for keeping up with reading despite slow updates :)

Manziel - My apologies for that mistake - fixed =)

Judas Maccabeus - Bah. I`ll need Germany as strong enemy :D

Spothisto - Thank you. Between 1350(start of EUIII period) and 1400 almost all vassals broken, because I made an event to help them. With early version of EUIII back then, vassals never broken and were annexed one after another. So it was my small intervention, but I think that quite justified given past history of HRE. Frankens (GER) have cores (royal claims) on whole Germany, so they can soon reconquer much of their former lands.

Fulcrumvale
- Well it`s not as always - look at huge demense of von Frankens in the center.

JimboIX
- Yeah, for some time Poland influenced turn of the events in Germany. Given whole chain of alternative history routes, i`m curious how it will end up in next centuries.

RGB
- Yeah, now they aren`t just another German state, but they preserved slavic roots, creating interesting buffer in the region.

NeoT - Thank you for compliments :eek:o :) . I`ve noticed them but, there were megacampaigns before, like multiplayer GreatGame. Well I`m happy if I influenced people to write, as for myself my early style was heavily impacted by several writAARs like Veldenmaarshalk(spelling?), or Judas Maccabeus. Thank you again, too bad that you abandoned your AAR, I really enjoyed reading it :( .

Thank you all for keeping reading, despite slowdown. Sorry for not reading/commenting your AARs - expect my activity on that field soon. :)

Also I have announcement. I`ve recently started M2TW multiplayer league (only battles) in OT forum.

We have one league with 10 players, but we need also second one. Three people are already waiting for second league to start, so:

If you have M2TW, join our league game !

link

IAmTheSpoon, Anderso - Thank you, and welcome aboard :)

EvilSanta - Don`t worry - I won`t make their lives easy :D

Not an update yet - this will come tomorrow, or day after. Just wanted to let you know that game will be continued with Napoleons Ambitions addon, which will greatly improve gameplay possibilities, and - as I hope - also this AAR.

IIRC he converted the CK system as it was:
one realm called kingdom of germany that has lots of dukes as vassals (bohemia,etc) and this dukes have again counts as vassals

Delex said:
A question. Is the name of the country really Germany, or are that again many small kingdoms (Or just post me a screen shot on my private messages with a selected province on the country).

Well in 1350 (conversion from CK) what`s on map as 'Germany' was in fact whole bunch of counties and duchies tied to von Frankens. In 1400s most of those vassals rebelled, but von Frankens preserved royal title of kings of Germany (cores on German lands), separately from imperial title (which became elective due to EUIII mechanics). At this point they reconquered lot of land, and what you can see in 1475 map as Germany is single, centralized country.

EDIT : original demesne of von Frankens at the time of rebellion consisted only of three provinces in Frankonia and Brandenburg.

Last edited:
So the German holdings of the Frankens would be sort of the Reichsgut?

aussieboy said:
So the German holdings of the Frankens would be sort of the Reichsgut?

Well i don`t know what 'Reichsgut' is, and in wiki there is only German description of that word :( . Frankens are creating centralized kingdom like eg. France.

Bad Santa
- Thank you. You can either:
- record replay while watching it using FRAPS, or GameCam
- use CinematicEditor which will give you full control of the camera, but is somewhat complex tool. Help can be found here

thrashing mad said:
Well i don`t know what 'Reichsgut' is, and in wiki there is only German description of that word :( . Frankens are creating centralized kingdom like eg. France.

Reichsgut literally means "Imperial property"--to loosely translate/paraphrase the German Wikipedia article, it is the land, property, money, etc. which belongs to the office of the Emperor and not to the person himself, and thus must go to the next Emperor and not his biological heir. I don't think that's what you're going for, though, as this seems to be an inherited kingdom not necessarily connected to the Imperial title.

A more exact translation (assuming my somewhat rusty German is correct) of the first two sentences is:

"By Reichsgut one means, during the Middle Ages, the properties, immobile goods, lands, the finances, and all that is connected with the sovereign right which was bound to the office of the King and Emperor and not to the person himself."

Well its seems that in the course of time, the offices of King of the Germans and King of Romans/Holy Roman Emperor became separate; the von frankens holding on to the former title while the Imperial passed to their Badenburg rivals. This same possible outcome almost happened many times in our time line, mostly because of Hohenstaufen obsession with Italy, thus neglecting German affairs. In such light, the eventuality of this division makes sense.

ET

rcduggan - New update today or tomorrow, graphical part is already done :)

Judas Maccabeus, Elias Tarfarius
- Thank you for information - you can always learn something new on these forums :) Yes, like Elias Tarfarius pointed out, titles of king of Germany (Frankens) is separate from Holy Roman Emperor(elective - currently Austrian Babenbergs). If Frankens manage to conquer rest of Germany, significance of Imperial title will fade during course of time. But there is, of course, possibility that Frankens would loose some wars, and would be forced to release previously annexed German states.

EDIT: You can see that in animated map at the bottom there is 'Holy Roman Empire' at first, but after Civil War of 1400s those brown lands changed to 'Germany'. Also German coat of arms is one headed black eagle, not two-headed imperial one.

Last edited: