• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations on winning WritAAR of the Week thrashing mad - just in case you haven't been PM'd to capacity about it already. ^_^

And, as always, awesomeness on the graphics. KUTGW !

Congrats Thrashing, ive been lurk-reading this AAr but now since you got that award i just have to reply atleast ones. ;)

NeoT - Thanks man, in fact there is only 1 level difference between mine and German land-tech.

aussieboy the royal adviser - His majesty shall consider your advice ;)

RGB - Cheers mate =)

canonized - Thanks man, it consumed some time but looks nice :cool:

Capt Janszoon - Thank you, note taken into consideration=)

valzoz_p94 - Thanks, well Konrad is quite ambitious man.. we have to wait for his decision =)

Jan Skrzetuski - Cheers, note taken.

canonized - Thanks, yeah that`s something I didn`t expect :)

bowl of soup
- Yes it`s my event - in case of rebellion it would be freaking dangerous civil war :D

Manziel
- Alright, note taken=)

EvilSanta - Thanks mate :)

Intosh - I see your point :D

Emperor_krk - Exactly - White Dwarf was inspiration here

JimboIX - Are you sure about that? ;)

Mr.Forn@L
- Good argumentation :D

canadiancreed Thank you man =)

Duke of Wellington
- Yeah, they did great job.

Austertitz
- Welcome in the land beyond lurkedom =) It actually was real MTW2 battle, defensive AI just sit on that hill, and I did what you see in a plan. Your long term strategy goals are very interesting, we will see - there is long road before me :) There is strong kingdom of Germany and Austria that can unite HRE lands - but there is also French expansion from west.

rcduggan - Thank you.

grayghost - Hehe thanks mate - yeah you are doing this more often=)

Turin the Mad - Thank you - it`s an honor to be awarded as WritAAR of the week =)

TheFlemishDuck - Thanks, I`ll do what I can to keep this AAR interesting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Again thank you daemonofdecay for nominating me as WritAAR of the week=)

New update in few days, since I got lot of work recently, so stay tuned.

How did it take this long for you to win that? You should have been WritAAR of the Week months ago!

Meanwhile, the Piasts appear to be having family troubles. Figured something bad was on the horizon...

Writer of the Week - long in coming. You certainly deserve that one.

it is good that you have more work than you can handle, thrashing...especially with Poland's horrible unemployment rate...

also congrats on WotW...

Lodin, Graymane, Judas Maccabeus, valzoz_p94, RGB, Manziel - thank you very much :)

stephanbathory - well I`m self-employed - and more work is always better than none :cool:

cloneof - This weekend there should be update - Sorry but i`m quite busy right now :)

what sort of business do you own? If you don't mind me asking on a public forum, that is. I just recently sold my business and I'm thinking about starting a new one with my friend in Bydgoszcz...

That`s micro-business in fact. I`m making metal fences, balustrades, and stairs. I didn`t start officially yet, but have workplace, tools, permissions ready (I`m working unofficially right now:eek: tssssss!) but it`s a matter of month or two - I`m applying for some EU funds for first-in-life-business.

Good luck with your enterprise - with such crappy wages it`s only way to make money in this country. :cool:

thanks! and to you too! he needs to ask his fiancee (she's a lawyer) about all the laws we need to deal with first...in the meantime, I'll continue in my job and be ready to build up the business as soon as we can...:)

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Konrad II
1449 - 1458

KonradII.gif

Part II

When most powerful nobles presented their ultimatum to Konrad, right after war with Germany in 1454, he declined and commanded his men to arrest them. However after short fight with Questioners, brother of the king -Wladyslaw - and most nobles managed to escape. Konrad immediately started his journey back to Krakow, and both sides begun war preparations.

In a matter of months, most nobles and lesser knights joined revolt. Wladyslaw promised them wealth, land and rights of old times, once he get the crown. Konrad`s situation wasn`t bright - key military power of the kingdom - knights and their lords where fighting him. Thus royal forces consisted mainly of peasant levies - which escaped from their lords, and urban militiamen - which were happy with current laws. King also brought some handguns and bombards from Austria, and hired foreign instructors to train his men in usage of these new dreadful weapons.

Rebeliamapa.gif

Despite fact that countryman fought with countryman, war was very violent. Peasants mercilessly tortured and murdered each noble they caught, burning their estates and slaying families. On the other hand, nobles razed and looted each city they captured - seeing wealthy cities as a source of loosing of their influences.

Barbarous civil war, in which men died in thousands and land became burned wastelands, was very matched. However, since the end of year 1457 superb training, equipment and tactics of nobles began to slightly lent the scale. Royalists were loosing city after city, and at the beginning of 1458 large rebel army were marching at capital city of Krakow. Desperate Konrad thought that only decisive victory over concentrated rebel forces could give him victory.

Thus came to battle near city of Lublin, where royalist forces commanded by Konrad himself, made an attempt of stopping approaching rebels. King deployed his forces on low hill, placing handgunners and peasants in first line, archers in second line. Flanks were protected by spearmen, and sharpened stakes were placed before first line. Konrad also had four bombards placed on higher ground. Approaching army commanded by Wladyslaw, consisted entirely of knights. His scouts informed him about enemy position, and to effectively strike at enemy center protected by stakes, he commanded minor knights to fight dismounted. Thus rebel cavalry was advancing on flanks, while knights on foot was marching at the front of enemy. They were suffering heavy losses under fire of bombards, handguns and bows, but their discipline, and training prevented them from routing. Soon two armies clashed in battle.

Watch battle of Lublin movie

After long combat, superior skills and equipment of knights overcame royalists. Peasants began massive retreat, in which they were slaughtered and trampled by pursuing knights. Konrad II was dropped from his horse, and after unsuccessful attempt to rally his men, he was impaled by lance of charging rebel knight.

With Battle of Lublin civil war finally ended, Wladyslaw became king - his greatest desire came true. He immediately announced return to 'civilized laws' and he granted land and autonomy to his most trusted allies. Not that he wanted to share power with them - he simply had no choice.

upadek.gif

Deeds:

- Successful wars with Lithuania and Germany
- Disastrous Civil War ended by his defeat

Map of Poland at start and end of his reign:

mapa-12.gif

# Land at start
# Land at end
# Country borders at end

HOORAY for update but HOLY CRAP , a civil war and collapse . Completely unexpected . I have to hand it to you , you really do have a knack for making things realistic well done !

Not very long update, sorry that you had to wait so long - work :) . I`m going to Germany for a few days, so next update probably next weekend. Also I made movie using new Cinematic Editor - I`m still learning how to use it. :cool:

Remember to vote in AARland choice awards - it is last day you can vote !!!

Wow, a real civil war with a real conclusion. Maybe EUIII is good for something.

However, having the nobles gain so much power - I mean you ought to be moving towards centralization, city rights and peasant freedom now, instead of feudalism.

We'll see how it ends, though, won't we?