• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
beowulf said:
KMS-Beowulf.jpg

I thought this was pretty funny. :)

Germany likes you man...

Short story:

Argentina game, going fascist, counting on Germany as an ally eventualy.

Things in europe go strange though. Czechs resist the germans, Germany DoWs czechoslovaquia, Poland DoWs Germany and soon we have a über-germany with no allied intervention.

Now since a Hoi2 game with no ww2 is boring, I decide to load up as the UK and DoW Germany, and then load up as Argentina again.

That sets things back on track, expect for Denmark and Norway never beeing invaded, but who cares? ;)

Then... strange things start happening.

First, the Soviets, that never got half of Poland and never anexed Estonia for some reason...

Well that's just fine by me I think - more chance for the Fascists world-round.

Then

Hum... ok... :confused:

:wacko: ...but at least it creates a reasonably historical situation. Glad that's over with!

...right... :rolleyes:

The AI hates logic, and will always fight any attempts of that.

Debate all you want on who is better, Rommel, Patton, Montgomery, etc. None hold a candle to this guy.
ScreenSave3.jpg

These two traits were actually gained back to back.

Australia's super navy!
ScreenSave4.jpg

I won that sea battle too!

Seems like General Hausser is trying to prove a point! Hills Fighter trait. :wacko:
ScreenSave6.jpg

Apparently the game let me build a series of nuclear reactors, had 8 at the time of building a series; screen shot has 10 in Berlin and 3 of 9 done in series. Doesn't matter, couldn't place them if I wanted too.
ScreenSave9.jpg

Anyone know the song, "99 Bottle of Beer on the Wall"? How about "99 Airbases"?
ScreenSave11.jpg

Well, had 99 airbases, 50 Naval Bases and 20'ish garrison divisions ready to be placed. That was a *doh* moment for me, I forgot that items waiting to be placed count against your TC.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Don't worry about the d'oh moment. I've done worse, though I had a LOT of IC ready to hold stuff.

I remember, at a time, I had 132 Divisions ready to deploy, to be a second defence against the Germans...
Even though I had aprroximately 598 Divisions, over a hundred of them armored, behind the Volga and 10 Forts... Along with about 20 Nuclear Carriers and 56 Nuclear BBs along with 16 Strat. Bombers loaded with nukes... And that's not including the monster forces I had in my 3 provinces in Greece...

microAmp said:
Australia's super navy!
I won that sea battle too!

How on earth did they get that many ships?

It reminds me of the time I played as Australia and attacked a province in New Guinea which had a defeated Japanese fleet taking refuge inside it. I took the province, and captured an aircraft carrier. From then on the flagship of the Australian navy was the HMAS Akagi.

Outsourcing anyone? :p

Lord Finnish said:
PEarl Harbour?:)
BTW is that Armagedon or how did you get that "most disgusting leader" thing

It's from DD I believe ;)

General Jac said:
It's from DD I believe ;)

Nope, no such thing in DD. What's the use of knowing their best general anyways - can you order to have him killed by spies?

microAmp said:
Debate all you want on who is better, Rommel, Patton, Montgomery, etc. None hold a candle to this guy.
ScreenSave3.jpg

These two traits were actually gained back to back.

Seems like General Hausser is trying to prove a point! Hills Fighter trait. :wacko:
ScreenSave6.jpg

Did you mod the game? I barely ever get terrain or combat event traits...

MingeBag said:

I get them all the time in DD 1.3a. I once had Zhukov become a desert fox fighting the Japanese in the Gobi desert (I think this is what it is called anyway, the one north of China), and it was only after a couple of battles; it must be quite random, or depend on skill, because I have had Voroshilov (who is totally incompetent) fight in hills and mountains forever and he never gets a hills fighter or whatever.

MingeBag said:

Only mod installed is DAIM. I was happy with just one trait firing, two back to back was icing on the cake. I just got very, very lucky.

Admiral_Nelson said:
How on earth did they get that many ships?

USA and UK were annexed, so I figured they inherited them while in Australia's port.