• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: Badboy

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
Well, Altuar. That hardly provides proof as to my insanity - it just proves I can copy-paste 10 screenshots together :)

I just examined my final save game and found my badboy to be 1036. I wonder how that happened? :D
And all that was listed in the diplomacy section was
diplomacy = {
relation = { tag = MOG value = 200.000 }
relation = { tag = MER value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = PIR value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = NAT value = -200.000 }
relation = { tag = REB value = -200.000 }
}

Now Mughals, Pirates, Natives, and Rebels, I understand. But who are the MER? Mercenaries? Do they have a separate tag? Weird.

Perhpas MER is merchants.

Just as a reminder to new folks, this is one of the greatest of all AARs, which I finally got around to reading tonight in 3 straight hours.

Good stuff.

Duuk

Great AAR. I wonder if it is possible to build homing-wlaks in Impossible Creatures. :D

Where is this "I am become Death, destroyer of worlds." quote from?

About colors, there are two that match purple and they are black and gold, but not on the world map.

Originally posted by C.N.
Great AAR. I wonder if it is possible to build homing-wlaks in Impossible Creatures. :D
Ask the Chief Scientist ;)

Where is this "I am become Death, destroyer of worlds." quote from?
Robert Oppenheimer, July 16, 1945, 5:30am, on the detonation of the first nuclear bomb, Trinity.

Strictly speaking, he was Chief Scientist on that project, not Second Scientist, but that's artistic license for you :)

About colors, there are two that match purple and they are black and gold, but not on the world map.
Good point! I demand a gold colour!

No, the "Death, destroyed of worlds" was quoted by Oppenheimer from the Bhagavad-Gita. Ironically, Hinduism was destroyed by you Mughal Peter :), but oh well.

Originally posted by calcsam
No, the "Death, destroyed of worlds" was quoted by Oppenheimer from the Bhagavad-Gita. Ironically, Hinduism was destroyed by you Mughal Peter :), but oh well.
Yup, but my quote was from Oppenheimer. No need to seek original sources in this case :)

Originally posted by Goingonit
Although it's old old news by now, mercenaries need a separate tag I think because they have their own army names.
Very old news indeed - which just goes to show how old this AAR is :D

Indeed, the MER tag is used to list the mercenary companies currently in the mercenary pool as a FIFO queue.

thanks Peter for the great AAR. I am starting my own, but with a different strat: I am going to *try* to reach landtech 5 or infra tech 4 by the time I transform into the Mughals to I can rule the world with Akbar and Babur :). I am not doing any loans, but instead have taken advantage of the small BB wars that started against me to vassalize Chagatai Khanate and Uzbek Kaganate. I also took advantage of the Sunni-Shiite CB to vassalize the Mamelukes. Currently I am in a war with Delhi, which randomly DoW'ed me. I will probably just take their two muslim provinces bordering me and let them convert the rest of India before DoW'ing them in 1525, diploannexing my vassals, and triggering the Battle of Panipat event. This should kick off the BB wars, so I better be in RM's with all countries bordering me by then so they get the -1 stab hit

I know it's been said lots and lots of times, but this is an absolutely hilarious AAR. Wonderful, only your other masterpieces can match it in humour, Peter.

Hojo Bubu-juniol's wonderful reports, the constant bickering among the scientists and the suggestions from the ALU. Hysterically funny, to say the least.

It's been a pleasure to read this dusty old volume (hell, it was written long before I even found this game!). Makes me wish even more for you to continue your ongoing Persian and Knights stories... :)

I lespectfurry tip my hat fol you. :D

Very clever AAR! I usually prefer the narrative-ones, but this one really brought my happy bone to surface!

Showcase of the original game and the ridiculously good community it inspired :)

I have not written much since I joined this forum, but reading this piece reminds me of why I came to love and appreciate the original game and community since long ago. It reminds me again of what a gift the EU franchise has been, offering astonishing "fun" far beyond the excellent gameplay it offered for grand history fans like me. It was not just the game, but it was the excellent community that pleasantly surprised me- the unexpected quality of writing based on historical events whether satirical, humorous, serious, or mixtures of many other genres. It is hard to find such a gathering anywhere at all, and I was not even aware that there could be, until PI forums. Now, for the AAR.

This is an oldie, a true gem of an aar. The paradox community has come far in the following decade (already!), but few have been able to match the quality of PE's writing. What a pleasure to see that this and many other old aars are still hosted for the benefit of past and future readers. Thank you Peter for sharing this (I see you are now in the middle of writing a beta AAR for EUIV- glad to see you're still around).