• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I've made it to page 30 and Isabella just got it in a harsh yet touching moment, made even more so due to the rememberances Antonio had of her at near the same moment. Nicely done, sir.

More to come when I've finally caught up fully.

Lotus-6: Thanks XD

coz1: Page 30 already ! That's great ! Glad you're enjoying it so far !

JimboIX that was very well done. Your portrayal of the Cardinal in the historical format was great.

Look foward to more exchanges if this is what can be expected.

grayghost said:
JimboIX that was very well done. Your portrayal of the Cardinal in the historical format was great.

Look foward to more exchanges if this is what can be expected.

Yep ! any other people out there who would like to contribute , come on down !

nice story :D

So the tiny clues in there, are they all real clues of the future, or not? :)

originally posted by canonized-

Yep ! any other people out there who would like to contribute , come on down !

Well, I would like to contribute... Although sadly it's been awhile since I read it...

I'll have to catch up now (Since I quit my job last night, it should be easy!)...

You quit your job to read this?!?!

:p

Murmurandus: And how about you , young man ! Where's that parody I asked for XD . Just kidding , no pressure !

Avernite: In the historical work ? Yes , for all intents and purposes you can consider JimboIX's document canon to the story .

CrackdToothGrin: Hi there ! I believe this is the first time you've posted on the thread and I wanted to extend my warmest welcome ! It's always great to see new faces ! I really hope you'll enjoy catching up as many people have and It's never too late to contribute ! Please feel free to elave any comments on any previous chapters you might be reading on ; it's always good to see what people think of previous chapters !

ColossusCrusher: Always the joker you XD

PHEW! Finally caught up, and I must say an excellent finale for season one. I am looking to see where you take this, though I have a slight idea now after you included the Hawkings discussion. I must say I was quite surprised to see Isabella brought back under the guise of Jesca and was thinking she would be the one to turn at the en. Wasn't expecting Lydia. And I am so pleased to see Renault back in action. I got worried there for a while that you'd killed him off and I somehow missed it. Thank goodness that was not true.

All in all, you have a fun and exciting plot going here and some rich characters, highlighted, I think, by Cardinal DeWitt. Still trying to piece together how he ended up in the future section earlier, but perhaps I missed something. I did read quite a lot in a short time.

If I have a niggle, it is in word usage from time to time, particularly in the past sections. It happened more in the earlier portion, but every great now and then you'll have one of the 16th century characters utilizing modern language. It seems a bit anachronistic to me, as does a few of the "cute" references. I wouldn't counsel you to stop doing that since they seem to be greatly enjoyed, and I too got a chuckle from them. But if you are going to use them, I'd try to bury them deep so they do not pull the reader from the time. The one that sticks in my head the most is the time warp. I got it immediately and then could not stop thinking of that while reading about 16th century characters. But then, I tend to like realism in drama where others may not mind.

This, of course, does effect some of the more action oriented scenes as well, I must admit. When you had DeWitt yell he was going to crush or beat someone's face at one point...well, it strained credulity for me. Regardless, I have been impressed at how you weave in the action and drama with traces of humor every now and then. It makes the story move quickly and easily along until you hit one of those BIG moments. I'd just be careful how big you make them and how historically accurate you can make them.

I should touch on this a bit more lest you think I'm simply being negative for the sake of it. I have a feeling there is more modernity going on in the past than might initially meet the eye. At least some sort of crossover effect. So it might not be out of the realm of possibility to use language or act a certain way that doesn't necessarily belong in the past. But I would think the greater challenge would be to try and effect the same action utilizing historical objects and means. You've done this throughout, to be sure, and I really have admired your duty to accuracy. But occasionally, I'd catch something and only because you'd been so careful about it at other times. Hope that makes sense.

With all that said, I am so pleased to have caught up in time for the soon to begin season two. I would have been here earlier having wanted to read this when you first started, but other things got in the way. But I'll be following along the rest of the story.

And finally, I must commend you on the interviews you've taken the time to conduct with other members. It is a valuable service and shows some great initiative for a member towards this forum. I can always applaud that! Thanks. And keep up the great work here! :)

Well, its taken me nigh on a week to read it all, and although Coz1 seems to beaten me to the punch, I'll do my best to congratulate you on one of the most original and exciting AAR's I've read, I love the concept and can't wait for more!

When can we expect season 2?

I have to say out of all the AARs I have read this is at the top and 1 of only 2 that I will read again when its finished. Just make sure you put a .pdf version up. In fact now would probably be a good time to make.

coz1 said:
PHEW! Finally caught up, and I must say an excellent finale for season one. I am looking to see where you take this, though I have a slight idea now after you included the Hawkings discussion. I must say I was quite surprised to see Isabella brought back under the guise of Jesca and was thinking she would be the one to turn at the en. Wasn't expecting Lydia. And I am so pleased to see Renault back in action. I got worried there for a while that you'd killed him off and I somehow missed it. Thank goodness that was not true.

Excellent ! Please feel free to share some of your theories . Lots of people have done so and some (like Myth) have had a relatively good batting average . Other theories (like those of Legolas) get very close but we won't know that till later on !

All in all, you have a fun and exciting plot going here and some rich characters, highlighted, I think, by Cardinal DeWitt. Still trying to piece together how he ended up in the future section earlier, but perhaps I missed something. I did read quite a lot in a short time.

Yes there was a Cardinal DeWitt in the future as well who was working at the Palacio Real . If I might be allowed to be a bit playful : We don't know the first names of Captain DeWitt , Duke Jimenes , or Miss Obidos . The only first name among the adults we DO know of is Duke Jimenes' wife who happens to have the first name of Isabella . Captain DeWitt also happens to be the nephew of the now deceased Cardinal DeWitt of the future . Even more interesting is that all the namesakes in the past of these characters were present in the area of effect of the activated Timepiece . And who else was present during the activation ? Why the Lord of Acid of course , and there happens to be a namesake of him about to do something to Tom . Just something to chew on .

If I have a niggle, it is in word usage from time to time, particularly in the past sections. It happened more in the earlier portion, but every great now and then you'll have one of the 16th century characters utilizing modern language. It seems a bit anachronistic to me, as does a few of the "cute" references. I wouldn't counsel you to stop doing that since they seem to be greatly enjoyed, and I too got a chuckle from them. But if you are going to use them, I'd try to bury them deep so they do not pull the reader from the time. The one that sticks in my head the most is the time warp. I got it immediately and then could not stop thinking of that while reading about 16th century characters. But then, I tend to like realism in drama where others may not mind.

This, of course, does effect some of the more action oriented scenes as well, I must admit. When you had DeWitt yell he was going to crush or beat someone's face at one point...well, it strained credulity for me. Regardless, I have been impressed at how you weave in the action and drama with traces of humor every now and then. It makes the story move quickly and easily along until you hit one of those BIG moments. I'd just be careful how big you make them and how historically accurate you can make them.

I should touch on this a bit more lest you think I'm simply being negative for the sake of it. I have a feeling there is more modernity going on in the past than might initially meet the eye. At least some sort of crossover effect. So it might not be out of the realm of possibility to use language or act a certain way that doesn't necessarily belong in the past. But I would think the greater challenge would be to try and effect the same action utilizing historical objects and means. You've done this throughout, to be sure, and I really have admired your duty to accuracy. But occasionally, I'd catch something and only because you'd been so careful about it at other times. Hope that makes sense.

I think that Rensslaer put it best when I interviewed him about the narrative style of Timelines : that is to say that it acts out like an anime serial . Especially with the youth , relative beauty etc of the characters I wanted to portray a semi-stylized representation . One of the reasons was because I'm by no means a historian so I can't write in the stunningly scholarly yet effective way such as Judas Maccabeus or steep into period piece intrigue like stnylan (who I really hope gets better so that he can finally restart In Memory) . Although I hadn't read any AAR beforehand I sort of had the feeling from the gist of the personalities on the board that I wanted to approach the narrative style in a less serious format . Another reason is that I'm on the younger end of the spectrum of writers and for that reason I don't take myself seriously enough to write a serious narrative which is another reason why I wouldn't be planning on publishing this work unless some manga-ka out there wants to adopt it XD . As I get older I expect my writing style to mature and if and when I do write something to be published , I don't think I would take it as lightly as I've taken Timelines . As it is , one of the things that keeps me going as a writer is that it's more fun than it is research and I think that's part of the success .

With all that said, I am so pleased to have caught up in time for the soon to begin season two. I would have been here earlier having wanted to read this when you first started, but other things got in the way. But I'll be following along the rest of the story.

And finally, I must commend you on the interviews you've taken the time to conduct with other members. It is a valuable service and shows some great initiative for a member towards this forum. I can always applaud that! Thanks. And keep up the great work here! :)

Thank you ! The interviews have been fun as well and they've been great work to do . It also forces me to read a new AAR each week which is always a fun time . Glad you've caught up !

English Patriot: Thank you and welcome !! And congratulations on our 60th commentator on the thread ! I'm very glad to have you catch up . As for Season 2 , that should be sometime after next week . I've got a few bonuses lined up by guest authors for the inter-season celebration so we're going to have a little fun with that first ! If you or anyone else would like to contribute please let me know ! There's still some time left and we're all having lots of fun !

ladybug: Hooray for catching up again ! Glad to see you back as well and good grief you read like a demon ! Talk about fast . As for pdf , i know nothing about how to make those . Llywelyn told me he would look into it for me but he's dropped off the face of the earth . Thanks again for your patronage !

wow, nice ending! As you asked for speculations; the timepiece created a blackhole that consumed the universe of Antonio and Isabella, so we won't be seeing them again. The universe of Tom & co is probably another universe where history took a slightly different pattron and where the Timepiece wasn't activated. So next season will probably feature a new set of heroes in a new universe (maybe even with a new General Grubby? :D). And if there is anything I cannot stand it's the "o... it was all just a dream" ending, so you'd better not use that one ;)

EDIT: BTW, that li'l speach of the Cardinal at the Arena, it does sound remarkible like Aragorn in the end of The Return of the King

Last edited:
canonized said:
English Patriot: Thank you and welcome !! And congratulations on our 60th commentator on the thread ! I'm very glad to have you catch up . As for Season 2 , that should be sometime after next week . I've got a few bonuses lined up by guest authors for the inter-season celebration so we're going to have a little fun with that first ! If you or anyone else would like to contribute please let me know ! There's still some time left and we're all having lots of fun !

Contribute? Good god I'd love too!

Originally posted by canonized-

CrackdToothGrin: Hi there ! I believe this is the first time you've posted on the thread and I wanted to extend my warmest welcome ! It's always great to see new faces ! I really hope you'll enjoy catching up as many people have and It's never too late to contribute ! Please feel free to elave any comments on any previous chapters you might be reading on ; it's always good to see what people think of previous chapters !

Actually, I started reading about four or so months back, but I took an indefinite leave of absence for a few months. :rofl:

Sadly, I have to catch up, but at least I am a fast reader.

Ah, so it wasn't Canonized's fault.

Of course I must be the joker.
"This forum needs an enema." [blows kazoo]

If you've seen the original Batman movie (with Jack Nicholson as the Joker), you'll get it.

canonized said:
So very glad you could join us in the Timelines Improvement Project and Bonus Exchange !! I really enjoyed this !

Let's hope it inspires other writers to help contribute in this week's off-season showcases !

I'm glad you would have me. Thanks to everyone who commented on the piece, I'm glad you all enjoyed it and I would encourage any of you to contribute similarly, it's really a lot of fun.

Grubnessul: XD Men of the West ! Thank you very much ! Haha , I'm afraid there won't be any new General Grubbies . It's time to move on I'm afraid XD . Lyn's been a good orc recently , maybe I'll include him .

English Patriot: Wonderful ! Just send me a PM with your idea and we could get started :D .

CrackdToothGrin: Well glad to hear that you're back ^^ . Looking forward to have you catch up ! Feel free to leave any comments on previous chapters along the way , too !

ColossusCrusher: It would have been flattering if it was my fault , don't you think ? Har har XD

JimboIX: Looking forward to further cooperation between us ! Very honoured once again ! - bow -