• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rocroi?

I hope that Alatriste will manage to achieve something different...

The Battle of Cadiz spanned from Chapter 138 on 6 June 2009 to Chapter 145 on 16 August 2009 - 8 chapters over 7 weeks and 2 days.

Anyone interested in a game of nearest the pin for the Battle of Rocroi?

My guess is 6 chapters over 6 weeks simply because canonized won't want to dwell too much on the grandson of William the Silent trouncing his beloved tercios.

12 chapters in 12 weeks and a half, ending with the Tercios sitting at Amsterdam eating paella and tortilla and drinking sangria. :rofl:

Dear Sir,

I must protest. The Persian Empire has no intention of conquering all of Europe or forcefully spreading Shiite Islam. After all, they are a tolerant, benign entity to whom the masses in Asia, Africa, and Europe look to longingly for salvation and liberty from Spain's inquisitions, forceful conversions, and outright evil (plus a yellow blob is just so tacky.) Huzzah for Persia any day!

Thank you for the interlude , O Mouth of Sauron XD

1. We are not nasty.
2. We do not rebel once we have won. Which is the natural end result of the laws of nature, and thus in an infinite set many will be found which do not contain Dutch rebels.

- shakes his fist - we could have done great things ! Like trounce those English for good and kept those Frenchies in line .

Rocroi?

I hope that Alatriste will manage to achieve something different...

rocroi will obviously be different in this timeline XD Though who will win or what will actually happen is not decided . After all , the Spanish are coming from the opposite direction .

The Battle of Cadiz spanned from Chapter 138 on 6 June 2009 to Chapter 145 on 16 August 2009 - 8 chapters over 7 weeks and 2 days.

Anyone interested in a game of nearest the pin for the Battle of Rocroi?

My guess is 6 chapters over 6 weeks simply because canonized won't want to dwell too much on the grandson of William the Silent trouncing his beloved tercios.

Haha , well there were other things happening alongside Cadiz too !

12 chapters in 12 weeks and a half, ending with the Tercios sitting at Amsterdam eating paella and tortilla and drinking sangria. :rofl:

ROFL oh boy ... now there's a great idea XD

While I'm all for multiculturalism...

..I don't think it was typical for the times to have prisoners prepare their own food. ;)

6 chapters, 8 weeks.

Only one way to prove him wrong.

Taps foot impatiently, waiting for the battle to start....

6 chapters, 8 weeks.

Optimist. 6 chapters, 12 weeks.

Ending in the use of the timepiece, because it's about time for a season change.

What a sober guess XD
All things considered, "optimistic" seems to be a better qualifier than "sober".

It's probably because you're stuck in a timeloop, with you trying to go against the Cosmos and secure a Spanish win against the Dutch.

General Schenkhuizen is back!!

Yes! The dutch better watch themselves as they are now guranteed a defeat :D

Dutch versus Dutch, both a defeat and a victory are guaranteed.

How zen of you, Avernite. :D

It's been a while, two weeks! So...

Update, update, update!

Only one way to prove him wrong.

Taps foot impatiently, waiting for the battle to start....

You'll get it don't worry XD

I know, I know.. since you do (well....;)) the writing, we'll never get to hear about the actual outcome of the battle.

:p

Haha , I know I know

Optimist. 6 chapters, 12 weeks.

Ending in the use of the timepiece, because it's about time for a season change.

That's not a bad guess but I'll definitely accelerate . I said that before .. and my track record is bad , but good grief I've at least felt a good surge of creative energy lately . It's just been real life things as of late .

General Schenkhuizen is back!!

Yes! The dutch better watch themselves as they are now guranteed a defeat :D

Let's just hope that General's age won't be an issue , right ? XD

All things considered, "optimistic" seems to be a better qualifier than "sober".

It's probably because you're stuck in a timeloop, with you trying to go against the Cosmos and secure a Spanish win against the Dutch.

haha , we'll get you yet !

Dutch versus Dutch, both a defeat and a victory are guaranteed.

Of course we can all be united against the French , right ? XD

How zen of you, Avernite. :D

Haha quite

It's been a while, two weeks! So...

Update, update, update!

Alright , so the update is literally 2 pages from being completed and it's a good one to boot ! a little longer than usual because it's got some good stuff in it , but I've also run out of time . I have to go on retreat for this weekend and won't be back till Monday or so . Please forgive me ! I know that three weeks is terrible timing for an update but It's been some of the busiest i've ever been as of late . I'll fill you in more as I can , but suffice it to say that my real life has become a lot more serious very quickly . Wish me luck , this retreat is very important . It's not one of those 'relax' retreats ... it's very personal .

Oh ho ho ho!

Maybe it's time you stop retreating and start advancing. :D