+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 366 FirstFirst ... 186 211 236 261 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 311 336 361 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 7307

Thread: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul View Post
    1984 hmmm? :P
    Yep don't tell me you forgot already !

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    ... Oi, number six isn't it?

The wreckage also looks familiar, but I can't place it ATM..

1984 is of course ALWAYS a good thing
    Yep it's number six just as I promised last season . Also , for clues of the wreckage , just re-read the last few lines of that scene XD

Quote Originally Posted by Elidioemperor View Post
    Loved the first dialogue!

And the Dr.

phoar!
    Thank you , sir and she's named after the professor at school I find particularly fetching to boot XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Hmm actually yes, or well... maybe it may come back when I actually read the update instead of just scimming over to look at what picture you posted this time...

(and still no showerscene picture )
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Interesting

So, I bet the 2004 people are going to have an easier time, since there'll be 20 years of the other guys to help them. Now the real question is, will Spain fall apart? The AAR IS saying 'what if Spain failed...' and a possible explanation is the timepiece-mess switching the world to ours, rather than the other way around (as the presence of Gehirn and Drescher implies).
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul View Post
    Hmm actually yes, or well... maybe it may come back when I actually read the update instead of just scimming over to look at what picture you posted this time...

(and still no showerscene picture )
    Haha , shower scene pictures !! So easy to please you Grubby XD

Quote Originally Posted by Avernite View Post
    Interesting

So, I bet the 2004 people are going to have an easier time, since there'll be 20 years of the other guys to help them. Now the real question is, will Spain fall apart? The AAR IS saying 'what if Spain failed...' and a possible explanation is the timepiece-mess switching the world to ours, rather than the other way around (as the presence of Gehirn and Drescher implies).
    Aha now we've come to the crux of the matter XD I'll keep you guessing till the end you can be sure of that XD but I've definitely already dropped hints earlier in Season I especially near the end about such a possibility , remember ? XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

Thumbs up

I really enjoyed the vignettes from the different years.

It's good to see the old familiar cast members. In fact, I would like to see a bit more of this format -- it links things together so well for me, and I don't find myself nearly as baffled as usual.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I guess Renault and co. are now in the Lost island, this will be very interesting , specially since Lost is one of my favorite TV shows. Nice to see the 1984 folks again. I'll be awaiting more than eagerly the next chapter.
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

A purpose to them being there, eh? Now that raises the question of what said purpose is. Considering this story, I'm wondering of there's some sort of event or attack that's going to strike across a multitude of times at once. Or maybe I'm turning this into a Doctor Who episode.

Quick question! Are the timepieces larger on the inside than the outside?
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm...In the future? 1984 can not be in refrence of the book, can it?
    GO JAPAN!

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Is the picture from Battlestar Galactica? Or am I wrong and tripping out?
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
    I guess Renault and co. are now in the Lost island,
    I had to re-read but now i know. Anyway part of the chapter is something like this:"i don't know i'm just as LOST as you are"
    Lost is also 1 of my favorite shows
    Oh! The wreckage migt actually be a picture from Lost.
    GO JAPAN!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Warning for any possible new readers! This comment is going to have spoilers in it, so unless you've read at least up to Chapter XLVIII don't even look in this direction!

I promised you some comments soon and here they are. I've read a bit forward of the point where Isabella got resurrected (Chapter L: Butcher was the last one), and that was some move you did. I have to say it was the greatest single plot twist so far, and I almost fell when I read it! I really tought she was gone for good, but then she got back. Only it wasn't the Isabella I've known so far!

I really hope Antonio and Isabella get each other in the end, but knowing the story so far, I'm almost certain you've yet again pulled something nasty that's only waiting for me to read up to that point, and see everything turning upside down again.

And I'm really glad to see Sio-Pan once again in the latest updates. He's the incarnation of streotypical evil Chinese sorcerer type of characters, and they're always fun and menacing. Clearly my favorite villain so far.

Anyway, I've decided that I'll finish Season one by Christmas day, so you can expect future comments after that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPrimus View Post
    I really enjoyed the vignettes from the different years.

It's good to see the old familiar cast members. In fact, I would like to see a bit more of this format -- it links things together so well for me, and I don't find myself nearly as baffled as usual.
    Thank you And yep that was the point hence the title XD .

Quote Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
    I guess Renault and co. are now in the Lost island, this will be very interesting , specially since Lost is one of my favorite TV shows. Nice to see the 1984 folks again. I'll be awaiting more than eagerly the next chapter.
    Haha well I actually don't plan on delving into Lost itself very much just thought I'd leave it as a little fun cameo for you XD the plane crash will be important , though .

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Maccabeus View Post
    A purpose to them being there, eh? Now that raises the question of what said purpose is. Considering this story, I'm wondering of there's some sort of event or attack that's going to strike across a multitude of times at once. Or maybe I'm turning this into a Doctor Who episode.

Quick question! Are the timepieces larger on the inside than the outside?
    Haha now that's an interesting question , JM XD what ever could you mean XD . And yes it does seem to be pointing towards some kind of apocalyptic end , doesn't it ? XD

Quote Originally Posted by balkanite View Post
    Hmmm...In the future? 1984 can not be in refrence of the book, can it?
    yes it was , there was actually a previous chapter titled 1984 that went into it a little XD

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    Is the picture from Battlestar Galactica? Or am I wrong and tripping out?
    It is from BSG , yes

Quote Originally Posted by balkanite View Post
    I had to re-read but now i know. Anyway part of the chapter is something like this:"i don't know i'm just as LOST as you are"
    Lost is also 1 of my favorite shows
    Oh! The wreckage migt actually be a picture from Lost.
    Yep that's correct It is actually a picture from Lost as well .

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJF View Post
    Warning for any possible new readers! This comment is going to have spoilers in it, so unless you've read at least up to Chapter XLVIII don't even look in this direction!

I promised you some comments soon and here they are. I've read a bit forward of the point where Isabella got resurrected (Chapter L: Butcher was the last one), and that was some move you did. I have to say it was the greatest single plot twist so far, and I almost fell when I read it! I really tought she was gone for good, but then she got back. Only it wasn't the Isabella I've known so far!

I really hope Antonio and Isabella get each other in the end, but knowing the story so far, I'm almost certain you've yet again pulled something nasty that's only waiting for me to read up to that point, and see everything turning upside down again.

And I'm really glad to see Sio-Pan once again in the latest updates. He's the incarnation of streotypical evil Chinese sorcerer type of characters, and they're always fun and menacing. Clearly my favorite villain so far.

Anyway, I've decided that I'll finish Season one by Christmas day, so you can expect future comments after that.
    I'm so glad you're enjoying it ! And yes , one of the best twists I ever made XD And the adventure is indeed just beginning ! I'm so glad that you're going to be finished with Season I in time for christmas I'm so happy and glad that you're leaving comments along the way it really does warm my heart I hope the others who are catching up will do so as well
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Braun...can I have her as a professor, please!

Anyways, a huge twist with the set of old characters especially the last set! 2004?! Isn't that when lost started? Are they going to meet Jack and the family? Oh boy, I am so excited!

Is it lost, let me first ask?
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    Dr. Braun...can I have her as a professor, please!

Anyways, a huge twist with the set of old characters especially the last set! 2004?! Isn't that when lost started? Are they going to meet Jack and the family? Oh boy, I am so excited!

Is it lost, let me first ask?
    Haha , if you go to Franciscan U you can have her as a professor XD . I'm having her again next sem . I forgot when Lost started actually XD but I hate to disappoint but we're not going to delve too much into the Lost universe like i told capibara I just wanted to have a little fun with ya'll XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Caught up as far as 'Blood' and am very miffed by what has happen to Matthijs though I'm sure all will be explained soon enough. Will be caught up soon! Promise

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Quote Originally Posted by robou View Post
    Caught up as far as 'Blood' and am very miffed by what has happen to Matthijs though I'm sure all will be explained soon enough. Will be caught up soon! Promise
    Huzzah only a few updates left ! Glad to hear it
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Does Dr. Braun specialize in rocketry?
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
    Does Dr. Braun specialize in rocketry?
    rocketry ? o.O why rocketry ?
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canonized View Post
    rocketry ? o.O why rocketry ?
    Cause she blows me away
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    Cause she blows me away
    ROFL gosh . yes , she was definitely one of my favourites on BSG . It wasn't the reason why the show was so compelling but it's great XD
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

+ Reply to Thread