• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grubnessul said:
The lack of shower scenes is suspicious as well tho :p

Hmm something smells fishy , eh ? XD XD

Announcement coming up in a few min important ones !

I don't know what you think smells fishy...

>.>

<.<

than again, you are at De Wallen....

Grubnessul said:
I don't know what you think smells fishy...

>.>

<.<

than again, you are at De Wallen....

I should have seen that one coming XD time for an announcement ...

new_seele.gif

SEELE ELEVATION

A rare occurrence is happening today , ladies and gentlemen . Today we will be inducting a new SEELE from among the Fellows of Tempus . This will invest them with the responsibilities shared by myself , EP , and JM , in helping to run the organisation and keeping us fresh and ever-capable of serving AARland .

Today we will be elevating someone who has not only proven himself to be a capable administrator in the tasks we have provided for him but has also always been a good friend and one of the best writAARs this forum has ever seen . Today we're proud to announce the elevation of General_BT from Fellow to SEELE ! Congratulations , BT ! As per tradition , each SEELE is afforded a special title . For BT we have chosen to assign him the title Dean of Magnaura Hall

FELLOWLOGO.gif

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

We also have a wonderful event today , a double feature as it were , of inducting a new member into our fold . Always branching out and encouraging the trailblazers of our community , today's inductee is a veteran of the comedic scene on AARland and is both ready and willing to take up the responsibilities of community-building that Tempus stands for .

Today , I'd like to welcome Alfred Packer as our newest Fellow !

Alfred Packer is the author of the ever famous The Adventures of the Crovan Clan which is now making its presence felt in EU3 . His witty and singular style puts him at the pre-eminence of AARland comedians while treating the subject matter with a nuanced touch that is celebrated by fans everywhere .

As his sponsor , I am greatly pleased to be able to induct him into the ranks of Fellows ; his prestige precedes him . But not only that , he has shown himself to be dedicated to the cause of new writers and new talent . He has shown that he has great ambitions for the edification of AARland and he is friendly , easygoing , and mature . Please step forward , Alfred and give us a speech !

OFFICIAL PROMULGATION

As if that wasn't enough ! We have one more announcement ! After conferring with various members we are now ready to unveil our newest initiative . We have made an Amendment to the Charter and added a new article containing the outline for Associate Membership which will be for individuals who wish to be involved in our activities without having AARs of their own . You can check out the new amendment at the Charter page here . Tempus members , you will also be getting a newsletter soon outlining some of the other fun projects we'll be undertaking in the next few weeks .

We'll be announcing our first batch of Associates in the coming weeks and we look forward to working with all of you !

Last edited:
Well this is quite an honor. I don't really know how else to start with that.

Let's see, what do I need to say here. I would say that my AARs are quite different from the ones I picture when I think "Tempus Society." By that I mean, those other guys produce some of the finest narratives to grace AARland, whereas when I think "Adventures of the Crovan Clan" I think of violent, bigoted, incompetant madmen who die in interesting ways. Oh, and lots of pictures.

For me, something I always found lacking in my gaming experiences was the transitory nature of the characters. When the game ends, poof, they are gone. Struggles forgotten and no one cares. No matter how interesting a game of Imperialism or Red Lightning I completed, that was it, the story just disappeared. That always bothered me and, really, made the endings rather unsatisfying.

So, here I was, playing Hearts of Iron 1 one day and I came onto this board, looking for hints (I was playing Czechoslovakia). I accidently blundered into AARLand, and it just seemed like the perfect solution: tell other people about your game, share the struggles of these little RP'd characters with others.

It took a while to find a format that worked for me (that's always the hard part - finding a way of AARing that you work with without it annoying you into quitting).

I abandoned a HOI1 Czech AAR - I don't know - gameplay? Narrative?. Then I abandoned a CK Salerno AAR - bad History Book. Then I wrote and abandoned without posting a CK Muscovy AAR - more bad history book. (there are two more abandoned AARs, but the theme of this post is one of progress and these both happened after TAOTCC, so you know, forget them!)

Then I stole phargle's concept (many pictures, few words, first person perspective) and that worked for me...TAOTCC was carried through to completion, fittingly ending on the same day as phargle's epic.

Along the way, I completed a Vicky Hawaii AAR and a EU:Rome Sparta AAR using the same format.

Now I've adapted it somewhat (my HOI2 Czechoslovakia AAR was initially an attempt to 'test drive' a new format) and I am continuing onward.

And that is my advice to you (if you have not written an AAR but want to - disregard if you have written AARs): go ahead and try - it is actually quite a lot of fun...and if you don't know what style to do it in, find one you like to read and steal the format...the original author will be flattered and really, this is all fan-fic, so just go with it and have fun. Your first few updates may be dijointed, hackneyed and 'broken,' but if you stick with it, you will find your voice.

Also: don't fret about low reader response early on...they will come, just be patient (and I think, if you do a Diplomacy AAR, you'll be guarranteed to have GhostWriter along for the ride...)

So, now that I have wandered quite off course, I would like to say thank you to canonized and the rest of the Tempus Society for inviting a well-intentioned, lazy hack like myself to sully their otherwise prestigious ranks.

First of all, to echo AP, this is an honor. There's no other way to simply put it.

I can remember a little over a year ago, when I was brand new to AARland. Like Alfred Packer, I stumbled across this place by accident - I had heard of this game called "Crusader Kings" and wanted to find out more information (I already had EU2, Vicky, and HOI at this point). I found the CK AAR forum, and immediately bought the game. The rest, to follow the cliche, was history. Eventually I wanted to write my own AAR, and after some fits and starts, Rome AARisen was born. From the very start, AARland was a warm and encouraging place. I did not come confident in my writing ability, and all the AARlanders I've come in contact with have been supportive and helpful, full of both advice and kind words.

Yet amongst all the friendly words and advice, one group stands out. Early on I also had the honor of being one of the early inductees into the Tempus Society, and I've had an opportunity to witness the growth and development of Tempus from its early days to the present. So, in a way, things have come to full circle. Now, it's my turn to try to give back to Tempus and AARland. I'd like to thank the Tempus Society for this opportunity and trust placed in me, and I hope to be able to support AARland as AARland so warmly welcomed, helped, and supported me when I first arrived.

And a word to new writAARs out there - well, more an echo of the wise words of another. Follow Alfred's advice. Find a style you like that works for you, and follow it. As time goes on, you will find your own voice, but above all, have fun with this! Writing an AAR isn't a job, it isn't professional, its something you should do for your enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. :)

Once again, I would like to thank Tempus, canonized, EP as well as JM for entrusting me with the responsibility, as well as the privilege, of SEELE status. Thank you all. :)

canonized said:
I should have seen that one coming XD time for an announcement ...
Yes, you should :D

As for Alfred Packer & General_BT, congrats to both new minions of the TS :p

Oh.my.God.!!! :eek:

He has taken Alfred Packer too!!! :eek:

*runs for the hills*

;) :D

haruhiobey.jpg

I'll get you youngsters too someday XD - shakes his fist - I'm glad we have such a warm welcome for our newest Fellow and newest SEELE .

Expect an update tomorrow night or early Sunday !

Last edited:
ForzaA said:
Who, what, me? :eek:

And @Canonized's latest picture: nej!

XD expected as much from a hollander !

ForzaA said:
Who, what, me? :eek:

And @Canonized's latest picture: nej!
No, your mom! :eek:

(of course you, what did you expect? :p)

As for Canonized: Je bekijkt het maar!

:D

canonized said:
haruhiobey.jpg

I'll get you youngsters too someday XD - shakes his fist - I'm glad we have such a warm welcome for our newest Fellow and newest SEELE .

Expect an update tomorrow night or early Sunday !

About time! :D

And make sure you don't have any scary pictures in it! :p

Grubnessul said:
No, your mom! :eek:

(of course you, what did you expect? :p)

As for Canonized: Je bekijkt het maar!

:D

I can't understand dutch ;.;

ElidioEmperor: Haha , I'll try XD

I know :p

already figured what 'valse bingo' was about? :D