• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
I've been a little lazy lately, haven't read the two newest chapters :p I'll try to catch up as soon as possible

Looking forward to you catching up XD

Mini-Bonus: Map of the Middle East Situation

Persiamap.png

Image by Calipah

The Safavid Caliphate had assimilated the Turkish lands in Anatolia rivaling the Spanish conquest on the opposite side of the Bosporus while having swept through most of the Middle East with the important conquests of Mecca and Medina. They have pushed back the Spanish to the important cities of Jerusalem and Alexandria and have forced only a small garrison to maintain control over the ruins of Antioch. Notice the formation of fortifications after Peace was signed officially recognising Persian sovereignty over their conquests sans the important cities. Damascus is listed here as the major supply depot for the Persians and their forward base. Antioch has no significant population and is not noted except with territorial markers only.

comagoosie said:
It seems that the spanish are now on the short end of the stick :D

A little bit , yes XD

Canonized fails at WCs :p

Grubnessul said:
Canonized fails at WCs :p

Haha =( . It's not as easy as it looks !

canonized said:
Haha =( . It's not as easy as it looks !

Really? 'Cause you make it look quite easy, what with Spain's brilliant leaders and intrepid heroes clearing the way. ;)

And nice map, it's so good to see the Queen of Cities back in Christian hands, even if they are uncouth, schismatic Christians. :p

ForzaA said:
Oh come on, France is beaten, rest should be a cakewalk :p

Haha , it's true that France is always the hardest . They come at you with stacks of like 30k in the beginning ! Brutal !

VILenin: Haha , did you see the Coronation ceremony special that BT did for us ? XD

An interesting chapter, I'm sure Sir Covington's breif on the silent room will bring up more answers but, as always with you, more questions. I do also hope that Matthijs is not dead, he seemed such an innocent young man...

Elidioemperor said:
Hurry up with the updates and specials Signor!!

Sorry sorry ;.; still behind schedule since this is basically test week for us . Sorry for the delay !

robou: Haha , what makes you think I'll let you guys see what they tell Sir Covington ? XD

Western Frontier Fronts?

Who needs a map about forts?!?!

We want a map with the exact location of the best Western hareems!!!!

Strike or map! Strike or map!

Too much tea, Kurty?

Too much of many things, Peti.

Indeed. You should have aid: Strike or Pizza! Strike or Pizza.

I see...

Kurt's right harems > fortesses :p

Kurt_Steiner said:
Western Frontier Fronts?

Who needs a map about forts?!?!

We want a map with the exact location of the best Western hareems!!!!

Strike or map! Strike or map!

Too much tea, Kurty?

Too much of many things, Peti.

Indeed. You should have aid: Strike or Pizza! Strike or Pizza.

I see...

Haha where your mind goes is so reliable , Kurt XD

Grubnessul: Don't encourage him ! XD

Fortress = EPIC FAIL compared to harems :D

Still, an interesting map. By the description of Spain and her intrepid conquistadors, I'd expected the whole world to be swept under the Imperial flag... sounds like after taking holy sites in the MidEast you've gone into a holding action - let the Safavids beat their heads on enormous defenses rather than launching costly campaigns deep into Iraq and Persia... sound policy. :)

Of course, this just means that down the line in the 18th century, I'm fully expecting you to take over India and smash the Safavids from the East and West simultaneously. :D

General_BT said:
Fortress = EPIC FAIL compared to harems :D

Still, an interesting map. By the description of Spain and her intrepid conquistadors, I'd expected the whole world to be swept under the Imperial flag... sounds like after taking holy sites in the MidEast you've gone into a holding action - let the Safavids beat their heads on enormous defenses rather than launching costly campaigns deep into Iraq and Persia... sound policy. :)

Of course, this just means that down the line in the 18th century, I'm fully expecting you to take over India and smash the Safavids from the East and West simultaneously. :D

Persia is definitely going to persist as a threat to Spain and it's even still a hotbed for insurrection in the 21st century from the previous chapters .

Again sorry for the delay , trying to scramble for this Russian lit paper . But chapter going up soon ! And trust me when I say that after this week , updates will come very regularly considering testing will finally be done and I can get back to working normally .

Russian lit? Who are your reading? Let me guess... Bulgakov?