• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 12 The Lions of Meissen

Old Time: The Crimson Cardinal co-ordinates conversions and control of the commons' Catholic conformity. Intro to the 120 Lions. Intro to Renault de Fronsac who is excavating an old Persian treasure room. He discovers a mysterious black rock which is similar to a larger rock in a Muslim shrine in Mecca. He orders the army to Mecca.
Now Time: Fr Xavier arrives in Rome and is briefed by scientists as to the nature of the Timepiece, being part of a meteorite. Rodrigo is abducted from his home by men sent by his father. Fr Xavier meets Rodrigo's father, Duke Felipe Jimenes, and they head off to Mecca.
Game Concepts: The 120 Lions act as special agents (if the Cardinal had listened to Iron Maiden, he could have had 5 1/2 times more agents). Renault de Fronsac who is Indiana Jones with the physique of Brian Blessed.
Post modern in jokes: Throwing money at abstract concepts such as "stability". Madness quote from 300. Crusader Kingdom.
Nitpick: The narrative has Rodrigo abducted in order to spring the surprise of who he really is. However, later episodes make it clear Rodrigo is fully cognisant of his position as heir to the positon of Janus and knows both of the Lions and of acquaintances who are Lions. So why is there a need for the Lions to "abduct" him?

canonized said:
The sun set on Ipanema just in time to mask the kiss the woman gave the man in the shadow of the newly born night.

You'll burn in hell for this display of lust!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Chapter 13 Mystery of Mecca

Old Time: In 1582, the 35 year old Renault is travelling in a carriage with a black stallion and 2 French girls. As they approach a battle outside Mecca, renault mounts the stallion and charges into battle. In the Silent Room (not to be seen by casual courtesans), the Cardinal supervises the war in the Middle East. He receives orders from Antonio in Japan to send a force to make an isolated strike for Astrakhan deep in Persian territory to seize a COT whilst the remaining forces patrol the line. Mecca is captured. Renault examines the Muslim shrine and finds asecret entrance to underground chambers. As he searches the chambers, he trips a trap. Water rushes in. He uses his scabbard as a snorkel to breath threw a hole in the roof. A swordsman in the room above goes to stab down into the hole as 2 crocodile enter the underground chamber.
Now Time: Fr Xavier and Duke Jimenes discuss Renault's adventure as they travel by private jet to Mecca.
Game Concepts: The Timepiece is part of a larger object which predates Islam and was broken up into smaller pieces around 800AD.
Post modern in game jokes: Knight rider references at the start.

Kurt, hell is overrated. :D

Renault with two French girls...oh my. XD

Rather impressive piece of work you've got going on here...keep it up and I'll bet you'll get one of those prized AARLand awards someday!

(please know I'm kidding :p )

Seriously, I've made an effort to read through (daunting though it is) and have found it quite rewarding. (although I'm still way back in the early teens, chapter-wise)

Grubnessul said:
Or so you say :p

Haha , No more debauchery for me XD

Davout: Correct , new season is starting on the 15th of this month . phargle , TheExecuter, and AlexanderPrimus's second CD will be part of the inter-season as well as more chapters by English Patriot which will continue after the inter-season will happen :D and Niaphyte is such a hilarious name XD

comagoosie: You can thank the opening of The Double for the excessive amount of personification XD

Murmurandus: What would your wife think !

Davout: You know , I totally forgot I had named the Duke Felipe . There is a good reason why I forgot though: I had originally planned for his name to be a fake name . The small (albeit camouflaged) clue is how the Duke says it "You can call me Felipe" implying both informality and also that it could be a fake name . Why is the name fake ? I'm sure there are more than reasonable explanations . It is related to why it is Jimenes instead of Jimenez or Ximenez .

Kurt_Steiner: ROFL Oh kurt ! You silly goose you should write for us in the inter-season showcase too !

Davout: The truth is ladies and gentlemen ... Renault's horse was a CYLON !

ColossusCrusher: Haha , Renault was a pimp back in the day .

Alfred Packer: Thank you very much , sir :D I'm very glad you're enjoying it ! :D Please , I do beg you , if you'd share with us some of your comments on previous chapters ! We've got a wonderfully receptive community here and especially as we go through the summaries of previous chapters we're all going through a little bit of Timelines 101 XD

canonized said:

Murmurandus: What would your wife think !

There are things you don't discuss with the Mrs... ;)

canonized said:
Alfred Packer: Thank you very much , sir :D I'm very glad you're enjoying it ! :D Please , I do beg you , if you'd share with us some of your comments on previous chapters ! We've got a wonderfully receptive community here and especially as we go through the summaries of previous chapters we're all going through a little bit of Timelines 101 XD

Gah! phargle was right! Taskmaster!

Seriously though, I am reading the japan storyline (finished chapter 9) and Isabella kicks ass. She is my favorite character so far, very cool and cold, but in a hot way.

I also like the way you weave the past and present story-lines together

If that makes sense.

(also, turns out I'm not in the early teens...just on 10)

Murmurandus said:
How much? ;)

canonized said:
Kurt_Steiner: ROFL Oh kurt ! You silly goose you should write for us in the inter-season showcase too !

Fine for me, but you may end having a big furry dog farting here and there... :D

Murmurandus said:

tsk tsk ! Murmy's dirty little AAR secret XD

And just with Kurt you should write something for us too Murmy ! Before it's too late !

Alfred Packer: Haha , my apologies XD But thank you ! I'm glad you're enjoying it :D and you're definitely just starting to see some of the fun plots of Season I so I do hope you keep commenting along the way :D

Grubnessul: Shh you'll reveal our secret - wink - har har har

Kurt_Steiner: haha ! I would love it XD . Feel free to let me have notice anytime :D

canonized said:

And just with Kurt you should write something for us too Murmy ! Before it's too late !

Maybe you should check your e-mails... ;) :p :D

Murmurandus said:
Maybe you should check your e-mails... ;) :p :D

ROFL it was genius ! I'll upload it in just a sec XD

Timelines – Or how did canonized ruin my Life.

An inter-season showcase testimonial by Murmurandus

On a rainy day in June 2007 – well at least I wish to think it was a rainy day and it sounded better to start with – some guy named Llewelyn or Llywelyn or something like that was canonized by a dude named canonized conveniently.

Lily as I call him – just to annoy him – bragged about it in his Collage of CAARdinals and I – stupid as I am – followed the link back to Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World. There were like 40 pages to catch up (jeez…) and canonized just didn’t stop updating. My personal aversion for longwinded non-pictorial AARs didn’t help me, not to speak of my well-cultivated laziness.

At the end I did start reading the massive updates and I actually got drawn into the story. While I did pick up some of his references I managed to get completely confused about the whole Timepiece Plot. Not that it matters as after all I’m still have no clue and I’m still following. Yes, I admit, I am actually going to the behemoth each day to check for updates. If there is one I can not resist the urge to comment on either the update or to a silly comment or even just write something totally off-topic.

I’m not going to delve into the story as such as many people can do this much better than me (can I refer to phargle’s hilarious parody for example?). But from what I can tell canonized is a skilled writer (though a bit longwinded – did I say that before?). It does seem to me the quality hasn’t deteriorated but even improved. He has numerous characters and plots and shower scenes (oops, that last one just slipped in for one reason or another).

What actually caught my attention was the dedication canonized showed in trying to get his readers involved in the AAR by building a whole Timelines Community Fan Base (TCFB). He cherished them and even came up with the fantastic idea to interview other writers in his canonized updates. What a marvelous marketing trick that was. By suc… euh, flattering his colleagues he managed to get them on board and even increase his readers’ base by the publicity provided by the interviewees. How devious…

Also canonized is pretending he likes the jokes or silly comments many of his readers are making by consistently answering them with his now famous ‘XD’ (I don’t know why he’s using that as he perfectly able to use the smilies readily available…). He also calls people his favorite [insert term]. He is as perfidious as longwinded…

Oh, and another thing he did managed to sneak in are those inter-season bonus thingies. He lured several otherwise intelligent people into writing updates for him… He is indeed the devil reincarnated no matter his nickname. He probably is making money from it too.

Then there are his other two pet projects: the AARlander (stolen from the now mysteriously disappeared anonymous4401) and the wicked Tempus Society where his band of bandits and alter-egos gathers and schemes their plans of world conquest. In fact I think I should disappear and go undercover immediately…

*sounds of crickets*

The scary thing is that it's true...

*looks over his shoulder as a twig snaps behind him*

Then there are his other two pet projects: the AARlander (stolen from the now mysteriously disappeared anonymous4401) and the wicked Tempus Society where his band of bandits and alter-egos gathers and schemes their plans of world conquest. In fact I think I should disappear and go undercover immediately…

Aaha, now I know for what Tempus Society stands for!
You evil aarlanders!

Grubnessul said:
The scary thing is that it's true...

*looks over his shoulder as a twig snaps behind him*

ROFL . Oh hush you ! You know you like it this way XD

Enewald: As cynically flippant as ever , I see XD

It is useless to resist....

...we will be assimilated...

I for one, welcome our new Catholic overlords!

May the Lord bless and keep the Pope...far away from us!

TheExecuter
<mindlessly spewing film quotes since 1980>

TheExecuter said:
It is useless to resist....

...we will be assimilated...

I for one, welcome our new Catholic overlords!

May the Lord bless and keep the Pope...far away from us!

TheExecuter
<mindlessly spewing film quotes since 1980>

ROFL . Gosh , makes me want to watch fiddler on the roof again . I don't think I ever actually finished watching it all the way through .