• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ColossusCrusher said:
Has someone recently been watching too much Gundam (preferably Wing)? :p

canonized has been slowly converting me to Mobile Suit Gundam from Gundam Wing :D

I'll just have to win you back, then.
I mean really, Tallgeese is 11 on the 1-10 epic scale. What else, other than Spinal Tap, Monty Python and Timelines have that honor? :D

I'm totally lost on those anime references... I consider this a good thing... ;) :p :D

Murmurandus said:
I'm totally lost on those anime references... I consider this a good thing... ;) :p :D
That makes two of us.

But you're really making something epic out of it :p

But yes, being unable to control your colonies sounds familiar, will we see a united states of asteroids?

DING!

didn't season one ended with the remark 'there is nothing like the good old U(united)S(states of)A(steroids)

I'm a genius!

ColossusCrusher said:
Has someone recently been watching too much Gundam (preferably Wing)? :p

Wing isn't that bad . Treize (and to a lesser extent Lady Une) make it bearable .

comagoosie: haha i'm glad that's being conveyed XD

English Patriot: Haha , and I told you it would happen to XD Not to mention we're not even at the best parts of MSG yet !

motiv-8: Haha , an FX drama ? All I can imagine is The Shield XD . I'm so glad to see you about :D We should talk again on AIM !

ColossusCrusher: Zeon mobile suits . That's all I have to say XD although that precipitous fowl isn't too bad .

Murmurandus: Haha , don't worry it'll get more obvious and explanatory later on .

Zerch de la Opo: Haha being reprimanded by you , I feel I really must update soon XD Thank you for your support !

Grubnessul: ROFL interesting theories , although the USA was for the University abbreviations , still a fun theory nonetheless XD

I'd say Wing has the Mech's, but MSG has ZEON.

Speaking of Giant Fighting Machines, update for my section of bonuses is being written, so, it'll be up sometime-ish :D

English Patriot said:

Speaking of Giant Fighting Machines, update for my section of bonuses is being written, so, it'll be up sometime-ish :D

Looking forward to it :D

Chapter 12 Summary: The Lions of Meissen

Davout's Salient Facts said:
Chapter 12 The Lions of Meissen

Old Time: The Crimson Cardinal co-ordinates conversions and control of the commons' Catholic conformity. Intro to the 120 Lions. Intro to Renault de Fronsac who is excavating an old Persian treasure room. He discovers a mysterious black rock which is similar to a larger rock in a Muslim shrine in Mecca. He orders the army to Mecca.

Now Time: Fr Xavier arrives in Rome and is briefed by scientists as to the nature of the Timepiece, being part of a meteorite. Rodrigo is abducted from his home by men sent by his father. Fr Xavier meets Rodrigo's father, Duke Felipe Jimenes, and they head off to Mecca.

Game Concepts: The 120 Lions act as special agents (if the Cardinal had listened to Iron Maiden, he could have had 5 1/2 times more agents). Renault de Fronsac who is Indiana Jones with the physique of Brian Blessed.
Post modern in jokes: Throwing money at abstract concepts such as "stability". Madness quote from 300. Crusader Kingdom.

Nitpick: The narrative has Rodrigo abducted in order to spring the surprise of who he really is. However, later episodes make it clear Rodrigo is fully cognisant of his position as heir to the positon of Janus and knows both of the Lions and of acquaintances who are Lions. So why is there a need for the Lions to "abduct" him? (canonized's note: the actual abduction was becaue the two 'police officers' were at Rodrigo's door and thus they wanted to do it secretly. As for knowing who he is, it's said in the later episodes that he was merely trained along with the others and taught about certain secrets only later on. The training was most likely a generalised training that did not include any particular anticipation towards being a Grey Eminence.)

Chapter XII said:
One hundred twenty was a nice round number for the ranks of the Lions of Meissen. Three was the number of the Trinity multiplied by four—the number of evangelists—gave you twelve, the number of the apostles and multiplied by the number of commandments and you have a suitable number for a private fighting force.

22 March 1582

Scene 1: Cardinal DeWitt is managing affairs at home including allocating missionaries and stability spending. He also institutes mandatory Church attendance.

Scene 2: The Lions of Meissen are introduced. 3 for the Trinity multiplied by the 4 gospels and multiplied again by the ten commandments give 120 and that is the number of Lions in operation around the world. We are introduced to Renault de Fronsac, a Lion of Meissen and a professor. He is at an archaeological dig with his servant Amin (an Arab convert to the faith). They discover a black material that was left behind by the previous muslim overlords. They make plans to deliver the sample back to Madrid and simultaneously make haste to join up with a task force that was heading to assault Mecca.

Interlude

Scene 1: Father Xavier arrives in the Eternal City which is a massive conglomeration of churches, universities, stadiums, etc. He is lead into an underground area where he is briefed on what the Timepiece is via a video. Inside the video, Father Xavier notices a black material on the test table.

Scene 2: Rodrigo, at his home, is suddenly abducted by the Lions of Meissen who says they are there under Rodrigo's father's orders.

Scene 3: After the briefing on the Timepiece, Father Xavier is given a liaison who happens to be Duke Jimenes the father of Rodrigo. He explains about the Kaabah and its important relationship to the Timepiece and so to further investigate, they are to fly to Mecca.

Chapter 13 Summary: Mystery of Mecca (coming soon)

Last edited:
English Patriot said:

Sieg Zeon! :D

Hardstuff said:
Sieg Zeon! :D

Glad to see you adding to the spirit XD

Chapter 13 Summary: Mystery of Mecca

Davout's Salient facts said:
Chapter 13 Mystery of Mecca

Old Time: In 1582, the 35 year old Renault is travelling in a carriage with a black stallion and 2 French girls. As they approach a battle outside Mecca, renault mounts the stallion and charges into battle. In the Silent Room (not to be seen by casual courtesans), the Cardinal supervises the war in the Middle East. He receives orders from Antonio in Japan to send a force to make an isolated strike for Astrakhan deep in Persian territory to seize a COT whilst the remaining forces patrol the line. Mecca is captured. Renault examines the Muslim shrine and finds asecret entrance to underground chambers. As he searches the chambers, he trips a trap. Water rushes in. He uses his scabbard as a snorkel to breath threw a hole in the roof. A swordsman in the room above goes to stab down into the hole as 2 crocodile enter the underground chamber.

Now Time: Fr Xavier and Duke Jimenes discuss Renault's adventure as they travel by private jet to Mecca.

Game Concepts: The Timepiece is part of a larger object which predates Islam and was broken up into smaller pieces around 800AD.

Post modern in game jokes: Knight rider references at the start.

Chapter XIII said:
“Around 1582, we sent an archeologist to Mecca to find the Timepiece. Those fragments we have at the museum are only that, fragments. The real core of the meteorite was shipped from Bahrain to Mecca before it fell to Spanish troops. Our archeologist tried to find it there.”

25 October 1582

Scene 1: Renault de Fronsac arrives in the Arabian desert and joins the Spanish invasion force fighting the Persians outside of Mecca and engages the Persians in battle.

Scene 2: Cardinal DeWitt is in the Silent Room organising the offensive against the Persians and receives orders from Antonio via a shipment from Osaka to send a corps to penetrate deep into Persian territory and capture the trade center in Astrakhan while most of the enemy is diverted elsewhere. He also receives word that Mecca has been captured.

Scene 3: Renault is inside Mecca and is examining the Kaabah. He explains to Amin the history of the Kaabah and the stone within it. He then travels via an underground passageway to a labyrinth below the city. Upon entering the main chamber, he attempts to walk through but the ground depresses and water begins to flow inwards. It is too late for him to go back and he is being floated closer to the ceiling. There is an opening in the ceiling with metal barring to stop anyone from going through. Unfortunately the bars are too low to allow him to breath so he takes out his sheath, cuts the top of the sheath open, ties the top end to his sword and thrusts his sword through the bars to use as a snorkel. A person on the floor above sees the item and begins to approach the opening while two beasts swim underneath him.

Interlude

Father Xavier and Duke Jimenes are on a plane heading to Mecca. The Duke explains to the priest a little bit about how hard it was to handle the war with Persia because of high quality and low manpower. He also explains that an archaeologist in the 16th century was dispatched to Mecca to find the Timepiece and enter into the Maze underneath the city.

Chapter 14 Summary: Maze of Mecca (coming soon)

Last edited:
I really like the chapter summary idea... it'll make things far less intimidating for any newcomers to the thread! Good idea!

General_BT said:
I really like the chapter summary idea... it'll make things far less intimidating for any newcomers to the thread! Good idea!

Thanks :D i'm hoping it will also boost readership and get more people caught up !

Ahhh merry Mecca, still think you should have added a belly dance girl somewhere there :D

Just taking a look around to see how things are going during the Inter Season Showcase, nice contributions so far and the chapter summaries are resulting very useful ;)

Grubnessul said:
Ahhh merry Mecca, still think you should have added a belly dance girl somewhere there :D

ROFL I don't know if that would have been appropriate in MECCA though XD .

Capibara: Thank you very much :D

there will probably be some caliph, sheik or emir around who has that kind of interests :p

Grubnessul said:
there will probably be some caliph, sheik or emir around who has that kind of interests :p

ROFL I suppose you're right XD . Time for an announcement , it'll be up in a few min !