• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rensslaer said:
This is just... Startlingly breathtaking!!! :eek:

You've got almost 250 pages already, and you're only half through! Wow.

And I agree -- you should make this into a book. Or at least adapt it into something using the same idea. It's just too good to leave on the shelf.

Rensslaer

Haha yes , thank you XD . Well hopefully it will help to inspire something in the future .

Makes me wonder just how resentful the Orthodox and Muslim populations will be to their new ruler. That said, Phillip seems a competent enough bloke to keep them in line. Beutifully written BT :)

robou said:
Makes me wonder just how resentful the Orthodox and Muslim populations will be to their new ruler. That said, Phillip seems a competent enough bloke to keep them in line. Beutifully written BT :)

Haha , oh VERY resentful . it'll help turn some of the drama in Season III :D

An excellent bonus BT! Beautifully written and deeply atmospheric!

canonized said:
Haha , oh VERY resentful . it'll help turn some of the drama in Season III :D

As long as it turns on the shower I'm fine... ;)

Nice work BT! :cool:

English Patriot said:
An excellent bonus BT! Beautifully written and deeply atmospheric!

Yes he really did a great job :D

Murmurandus: ROFL . We'll have more shower scenes yes XD

Drama showers!

Nice background btw, but is this a real part of Timelines or is it a sidestep? Constantinople fell 1453, the final ended 1610 and the emperor is crowned after about 170 years of Ottoman rule, so around 1623. If this is official stuff than, we miss 13 years, in which apparently General Grubby takes Constantinople for the Spanish and we miss a lot off violence, drama and bloodshed that normally would be good for many exiting updates.

Last edited:
phargle said:
The pancreatic specificity will be startling.

I ... I think so ?

Grubnessul: Haha yes this is actual canon . We do skip a lot of things in between the two season yes XD . It's one of the reasons the inter-season is for : to showcase those things while I take a break to recharge the creative justice XD

Whoa, great update by BT. It makes me speculate what course of actions will happen over the next season. We know sort of what will happen, but still, seeing how it is done is half the fun.

And with the encouragement of Rens, as everyone knows he is a writer, Canonized should, and with all haste, forumlate a plan to get this book out to the masses.

comagoosie said:
Whoa, great update by BT. It makes me speculate what course of actions will happen over the next season. We know sort of what will happen, but still, seeing how it is done is half the fun.

And with the encouragement of Rens, as everyone knows he is a writer, Canonized should, and with all haste, forumlate a plan to get this book out to the masses.

Hmm if there will ever be a release into the masses it would definitely be a relatively new story although perhaps a similar premise XD and similar characters XD

Will there be a Rodrigo? ;)

Thank you everyone for the wonderful praise... canonized should get a lot of credit too for setting up that wonderful premise... it was a great deal of fun to play with, I enjoyed writing it! :D

King of Spain, France, and the Holy Roman Emperor...

Blablablabla...

What makes the king of Spain really important is that he's count of Barcelona.

Without this, he would be nothing.

:D :D :D :D

General_BT said:
Will there be a Rodrigo? ;)

Thank you everyone for the wonderful praise... canonized should get a lot of credit too for setting up that wonderful premise... it was a great deal of fun to play with, I enjoyed writing it! :D

Thank you so much for doing it ! :D And I knew i could count on you being the guru as you are on the Byzusiness at hand har har har XD

Thanks again , dear XD

Kurt_Steiner: Haha , I really do want to visit Barcelona . Shall we take a cruise on your yacht , Kurt ?

Just a status report folks !

We'll have our next showcase be of phargle down the next few days we'll also have a new Disc for the Timelines Soundtrack by AlexanderPrimus in the next few days so stay tuned ! :D

Chapter 9 Summary: Japan's Timepiece

Davout's Salient Facts said:
Chapter 9 Japan's Timepiece (which makes no appearance whatsoever during the entire lengthy episode)

Old Time: Cardinal De Witt is suppressing the nobles but wants to stop the Duke of Medina-Sidonia taking the timepiece to Japan as it may cause an apocalypse (pfft, they stopped them every week on Buffy). In Japan, a lithe Isabella tells Antonio to go faster as she grabs his groping arm and gives a generous tug (no, seriously, that is what canonized wrote). Anyway, they escape from the prison and flee to the hidden village but are followed by the shinobi, Ikari. Later, Isabella paints Antonio in his armour, Antonio waxes lyrical on the differing concepts of beauty, he moves in for the Big Moment, when Grubby interrupts. Back in Seville, Cardinal De Witt is ambushed by the Duke's men. The Cardinal confronts the Duke but when the Duke refuses to surrender, the Cardinal [censored by PETA].

Now Time: Fr Xavier arrives in Madrid.

Game Concepts: Cardinal De Witt's weopon, the harpoon, and his nom de guerre, the Panzerkardinal. Momentus interruptus to preserve URST between Isabella and Antonio. Lots & lots of similes.
Postmodern in game jokes: The Panzerkardinal which was Benedict XVI's nickname back in the day.

Ships: All they needed was some Barry White for Antonio & Isabella to "get it on".

Personal note: Ahem. Exactly what is meant by the Cardinal having surprisingly great stamina despite being in his early 40's. Some of us are quite physically active in our "dotage", thank you very much. And get off the lawn, you kids.

Chapter IX said:
The two aides listened and read the instructions at the same time. There was a part at the very bottom that both the aides then squinted at before looking back to the prelate. “What does this part mean, sir?” they asked a bit embarrassed by their curiosity. “What does it mean to bring the timepiece to Japan?”

The Cardinal easily took the paper back calmly despite the oscillation of the carriage. His eyes then returned to the steady movement of pasture and country.

“To the simple, it means that the safest place for someone to hide something is somewhere their adversary has no grasp. To the learned, it means what John of Patmos may have very well wrote of—the end of the world.”

30 May 1581

Scene 1: The reduction of the nobles' holdings are going well but Cardinal DeWitt is informed that the Duque de Medina-Sidonia is bringing the “timepiece” to Japan. The Cardinal is asked what it could mean and he replies that it might mean what St. John meant by the “end of the world.”

Scene 2: Isabella Sweet and Antonio escape Hideyoshi's castle but the spy for Hideyoshi (Ikari-san) is following them.

5 June 1581

Scene 3: The three are well settled in the secret hideout and Antonio is trying on samurai armour for fun. Isabella notices it and coaxes Antonio after some teasing to come to the (late blooming) cherry blossom tree garden and she begins to paint him standing there. During the painting, the cherry blossoms inspire Antonio to say a few things about how the Easterners think of beauty which leads to his understanding of beauty. Antonio looks over the painting to see how it's going and they have an off-side conversation about before Osaka was taken back by the Japanese how he never had a chance to say-- (we don't know what he was about to say) he leans forward to kiss Isabella but they are interrupted by Grubby (Schenkhuizen) with their tea.

Scene 4: The Cardinal's van is entering a city when it is ambushed by rebel troops lead by Duke Hernandez. The Cardinal exits his van and temporarily enters a building. When he comes out, he is surrounded by enemy troops but he has changed into his armour: heavy red plating with a spear and chain as weapon. He tells the rebels to surrender, but they refuse and he demonstrates his great strength by throwing his massive javelin to wholly impale the Duke's horse.

Interlude

Father Xavier has arrived in modern day Madrid which has nearly one billion inhabitants if one counts the metropolitan area all the way to Avila and Toledo. He takes a break from the airport before his connecting flight to Rome where he will confer with ecclesial leaders about the timepiece. He stops before a memorial statue of the Lord Chancellor of the realm a certain Cardinal-Duke DeWitt whom, he muses, because of his thick armour lent his nickname to the armoured weapons of the 20th century. This was the Panzerkardinal.

Chapter 10 Summary: Panzerkardinal (coming soon)

Last edited:
Chapter 10 Summary: Panzerkardinal

Chapter 10 Panzerkardinal

Old Time: Cardinal De Witt is at home with his nephew, Dr Jakob De Witt. Dr De Witt treats the Cardinals wounds as the Cardinal discusses an offer to train Dr De Witt as his successor. Dr De Witt accepts before they descend into a rather silly dialogue. In Japan, Antonio teaches Isabella dressage but they are interupted again with news the hidden village is no longer hidden.

Now Time: Tom and family are in protective custody. Agents question Tom over his writings. He explains how history would have changed if Spain won the mountain battle in Japan instead of losing, when the earth moves, rugs are beaten and the lights go out.

Game Concepts: Jakob De Witt becomes a major character. I always imagine him looking like Simon Tan from Firefly.

Postmodern in game jokes: Extended Rocky Horror Picture Show performance.
Ships: More Antonio/Isabella moments interupted

Chapter X said:
“It’s astounding,” the Cardinal said; the words being propelled through the air with a swelling of pride tempered by a grimly serious tone, “time is… fleeting.”

Jakob could only look at his uncle with curiosity. It seemed as if the emotional barrier that separated the Lion of Meissen from the rest of the family was now being let down.

“Madness…” the Cardinal continued finally naming the “it” that Jakob and his mother were worried about and lowering his head, “takes its toll…”

1 June 1581

Scene 1: Cardinal DeWitt is holding a private audience in a palace room with his nephew Jakob DeWitt who happens to be a doctor. Jakob is sewing up the battle scars of the Cardinal (it is not after the fight with Duke Hernandez). Jakob is being invited to work for the Spanish government and he accepts.

Scene 2: Isabella and Antonio are playing around on horseback when they find out that the enemy has found their hideout.

Interlude

Tom is inside a questioning room where two men are asking him questions about the essay he wrote. They are debating about the consequences on if Spain had failed in Japan and what that would have meant for the world as a whole. Tom demonstrates his acumen by postulating that the Spanish had intentionally been caught by the forces of the warlords in order to give them a false sense of security and that a greater plan was in effect. A tremor shocks the building and the power cuts out.

Chapter 11 Summary: Infiltration and Capture (coming soon)

Last edited:
How many Chapters will you summerize?

All of them?!?! :eek:

EUROO7 said:
How many Chapters will you summerize?

All of them?!?! :eek:

Most of them , yes . Probably for Season I and Season II and then Season III after we get into Season IV and all that XD

Chapter 11 Summary: Infiltration and Capture

Chapter 11 Infiltration & Capture

Old Time: Ikari reports on the time and place of the landing of the Spanish reinforcements to Nobunaga and the other daimyos. Akechi suggests that he can capture the new troops without any bloodshed. Days later, we learn Akechi "forced" Antonio to make the new troops surrender so they could be strategically placed for Akechi to use in a coup against Nobunaga. Nobunaga and Mori Ranmaru are in a temple when the Duke of Medina-Sidonia arrives, offering the timepiece. Just then, they learn that they are surrounded by Akechi's men who set fire to the temple. Antonio and his posse arrive. We learn Mori is in fact the Japanese eminence with the nom de guerre of Ginji. Nobunaga and Antonio do Kill Bill as Isabella takes the Duke away. Just as Ikari is about to backstab Antonio, Jakob de Witt shots Ikari. Ginji promises to fight on. Jakob confirms he has already recaptured the timepiece.

Now Time: Gunfire. Huddling. Here to help. Men with lions on their clothes.

Game Concepts: Nothing new. Ginji pops up later on but he is never really a major player.

Postmodern in games jokes: Terminator line when Tom is rescued (again). I am guessing Ginji also has some anime reference because we're all about the anime at Timelines. Also, google "suisu chizu" for a self-referential laugh.

Ships: Nil.

Chapter XI said:
“I’m sorry I’m late,” Jakob announced holding a discharged hand arquebus.

“It’s not that hard to sneak by, you know!” retorted Isabella as she began climbing out of the window.

“I’m a doctor, not a ninja!” Jakob replied helping the young lady across the threshold.

Nobunaga could only watch as his future slipped away. There was truly no other choice.

“Come with us, Ginji. I’ll make sure you retire peacefully,” Antonio said in between pants, his eyes still focused on the other swordsman in the room.

“It’s not over yet, Janus,” the other replied. “You forget that you’ll only be winning Osaka with this. Japan will still survive. And so long as it survives, even if you kill me, I will always return…”

15 June 1581

Scene 1: Oda Nobunaga has an audience with Hideyoshi and his spy Ikari. Ikari reports that he's found out the landing area and time of the Armada. Although the task is daunting, Akechi Mitsuhide audaciously proposes that he has a way to make the entire invading army surrender without any bloodshed.

33 July 1581

Scene 2: Akechi is putting on his armour himself and with him are Antonio and Isabella-- not as prisoners. Akechi plans to avenge his dead mother by killing Oda. He knows Oda is at Honnoji. The plan is revealed that the contingents of Spanish who were dispersed amongst the daimyos castles would be free and take the garrisons by surprise thereby acquiring a good portion of the enemy's strongholds by subterfuge.

Scene 3: Mori Ranmaru (an aide to Oda Nobunaga the leader of Japan at the time), Oda, and the Duque de Medina Sidonia are now in a meeting. The Duque explains that he's brought the Timepiece to the far east to keep it out of the hands of the new Spanish government and Mori Ranmaru expresses great surprise (and knowledge of, apparently) the Timepiece. Before the Duque can explain where he hid the item, however, they are informed that Akechi's forces have mustered around the temple in ambuscade. It is then that Antonio, Sweet, and Isabella arrive in the meeting chamber to confront the other three. We find out that Mori Ranmaru is the controller of the Japanese Silent Room and he goes by the nickname of Ginji (Ginji-kun in this case since he is a young man). A short scuffle ensues in which Jakob DeWitt surprisingly appears apologizing for his lateness and shoots down Ikari who had appeared during the scuffle and casually saving Antonio's from another opponent. As the heroes escape the burning Temple, Jakob presents those with him: a special group called the Lions of Meissen.

Interlude

The facility Tom is in is invaded and he and his family are extracted from the building. The soldiers who abduct him have a shoulder patch on them that looks like a Lion.

Chapter 12 Summary: The Lions of Meissen (coming soon)

Last edited: