• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
canonized said:
Who ? o_O

Grubnessul: Yep on both counts XD
You've never heard of the Baron von Münchhausen? o_O

Eber said:
I also find it interesting that he chose 1984 as a combination. Canonized, I find you to be a sneaky, sneaky devil! :p

ROFL i'm a tricky trickster like that XD

Avernite: Thank you , sir XD Don't worry we'll come back to Drescher as things start to head to their climax .

AlexanderPrimus: Thank you , sir !

Grubnessul: ROFL nope !

AlexanderPrimus said:
Yes, friend canonized, I must concur with my associates that you are a sneaky devil (which quality makes for an excellent authAAR). 1984 indeed!

Great job, keep it up! :D

He's not sneaky... not at all... he's blatently obvious... ;) :p :D

But he has never heard of the baron von Münchhausen o_O

Fiftypence said:
"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes?" :D

Great update. :)

thank you very much :D was a relatively smooth ride considering I had no sleep at all that morning haha !

Murmurandus: ROFL I can't be subtle sometimes XD

Grubnessul: ROFL i had to look him up on wiki !

Also !

CTDSVOTETIMELINES.png

That's right everyone ! It's that time again to start voting for your favourites in the AARland Choice AwAARds ! The link to the awards is on this post :D . We're once again running for the two categories of Favourite EU3 AAR and Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR ! We hope you've enjoyed the updates as of late as most of the Dante arc qualifies us for the ACA . We really cannot , I repeat , CANNOT win the ACAs without your support and usually most everyone who reads is happy to support us so we thank you for that from the bottom of our hearts !

I wanted to take this moment perhaps to address all of you and tell you why something like the ACA seems to be so important for me . Several things but mostly because of one aspect: the audience gets to decide what they like .

You see , it goes back to why I write . A lot of people when asked why they write and what they think of awards they say "I write for the sake of writing and awards are secondary" which is not at all bad . Why do I write ? Not for writing's sake , actually . Not even really for my sake either . It's for the sake of my readers . The 'quality' of writing here that I strive for is because I want YOU ALL to enjoy my work . It's kind of like having a great girlfriend or boyfriend (depending on who you guys and gals are out there XD) . It's not about how much pleasure YOU get out of the relationship , but a good relationship is about how much you can give , sacrifice , and offer the OTHER . To that end , I am committed to all of YOU readers and fellow authors out there . Even to those lurkers who don't vote or don't comment (although please please do) I am writing for all of you as well . Especially since AARs are not at all profitable (they're quite the opposite really !) the awards in the ACA tell me one thing: that I'm doing my job . No , it's not to validate me as being 'great' or anything silly like that . Instead , it is a show of appreciation from you readers that I'm doing something pleasing for you and entertaining and that my hard work for all of you guys is giving all of us positive results .

So this ACA season please keep that in mind when you go vote . I'm sure you have many choices out there and many favourites , and thank you in advance if you choose Timelines . Just remember that this is something I enjoy doing and always remember why we here at Timelines enjoy winning ACAs: not because it means we're some great individuals , but because we're happy when our girlfriends smile =) and we're happy when our readers are happy .

Thank you and please go and vote !

Sincerely ,
The Management

Last edited:
Beautiful XD In all its Chrono-goodness!

speaking about Chrono, squire-enix has announced a Chrono Trigger port to the NDS :eek:

Grubnessul said:
speaking about Chrono, squire-enix has announced a Chrono Trigger port to the NDS :eek:

I showed Armi XD

Excellent speech, and a great way of putting what goes on behind the scenes into words!

That was a nice speech, those words will surely have echo in more than one reader

English Patriot said:
Beautiful XD In all its Chrono-goodness!

It's such a great game XD Thanks for showing the picture to me !

Grubnessul: yep XD I was freaking out when I heard like a nerd haha .

Capibara: Thank you ! And especially for great readers such as yourself ! I'm also so glad that your work has taken off with great fanfare , Capibara ! keep it up ! I'll be stopping by your latest project soon now that the AARlander is finished for this month and I have more time !

AlexanderPrimus: haha , we'll try our best !

FELLOWLOGO.gif

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT​

The month of July means a new month of Tempus inductees ! Today is no exception and today has also been a long time coming for our latest candidate . Our newest inductee is a hard working gentleman who has not only proven time and again that his excellence in writing but also demonstrates the good will that has come to be the hallmark of his personality !

thus without further ado do I present for induction today , Snugglie , author of Lotharingia - a tale of resurrction . Not only does his AAR which has qualified him for Fellowship a tour de force of central German intrigue (not something we see every day !) but also sports his mastery of the english language and audacity to select a unique topic .

On a personal level in sponsoring him to Tempus , I've come to know Snugglie as eunomic ; that is , the gentleness of his name befits his personality . However , the young man is not without spirit ! Positive and energetic , i believe he will make an excellent member of Tempus and help to continue spread the good will and friendship that this organization was established upon for the sake of AARland ! Welcomeand congratulations , Snugglie !

Congratulations snugglie! Be sure to PM me with your AAR's and Awards so I can add them to the roster!

When I typed down the first lines of my first AAR, one from EUIII based on the fictional country of Scania -- for the record, it lasted for three updates -- it was mainly because a part of my high school programme demands me to do something creative, and then show it to a supervisor. By then it was not intended to be more than a source of some amusement and eventually get me off the hook of the creativity assignment -- now, almost a year later, I spend hour after hour looking through other AAR's, commenting and reading other comments as well as trying to find new treats from a neverending bowl of sweets. Not to mention that I spend a large part of my day thinking of my own, planning it and eventually writing it. AARland is a bigger part of my spare time than anything else, and that includes the gaming itself.

I am honoured and very happy to be inducted into the Tempus Society, and to be honest I had a hard time seeing it coming before canonized notified me of it. In my own eyes, I'm still nothing more than a duckling in a pond of white swans, with a long way to go before I reach the standard set by many other writers. The fact that my writing is enjoyed so much that it earns me a place in the Tempus Society gives me even more motivation to continue writing continuously, and -- above all -- of higher quality. Being on the roster is not only a position of goodwill, it also carries with it a responsibility to try to develop, try to get better and encourage the development of other writers -- that is my spontaneous view of it at least.

As you without doubt have noticed if you have read this far, I like hiding behind words, and saying little. To extract the essence of what I want to say: thank you. Thank you canonized, thank you the Tempus Society, thanks to my readers and thank you, AARland. I am grateful for being in this community and grateful for the opportunity to enjoy so many good writers.

I will now stop my rambling and exit with a humble bow, but I also want to quote stnylan, our compulsive commentatAAR, by saying the following: Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland. I will do my best to do so, for -- as some superhero said -- with great power comes great responsibility.

Thank you all again.

[/word-spewing]

robou said:
i wonder what Renault is so scared of? And congratulations snugglie! Well deserved :)

haha , well , you have to use your cunning about this ! what does the room serve to mask ? XD

Excellent speech , Snugglie ! I'm definitely looking forward to continuing the great cooperation we've had for the future !

Great build up of suspense in the last episode. I was going to raise a query about using snakes in an underground evironment - as cold blooded animals, they would be extremely sluggish, if not dormant, in an ordinary underground area. But I worked out that the volcanic flows in the other areas of the labyrinth would raise the ambient temperature sufficiently for them to move.

How many episodes are there to go? One or two?

Last edited: