+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 366 FirstFirst ... 112 137 162 187 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 237 262 287 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 7307

Thread: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Oh yeeeeaaaah. Now I remember. XD
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul
    What's with you and shower scenes? :P

Shower scenes are cool. Every good book or movie has one...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Finished Chapter 20 last night and I hope to get through a few tonight. The zombies were epic... truly epic!

Also I'm loving the pop-culture references and I hope they continue.

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

I am allready in chapter 57.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Davout
    Sorry that my initial response was so brief but I was still enjoying the afterglow of that sweet, sweet Nia goodness.

Firstly, people, get with the program, the reference is to the drop scene from Aliens, not Starcraft. Starcraft lifted the sound bites from the movie. Look up "Aliens Colonial Marines" on youtube and enjoy the original and best. And somebody wake up Hicks.

Also, vale Stan Winston who passed away today.

Secondly, I loved the reference to the leopard because it belongs to the last third of Hell, but isn't it the animal of fraud, not incontinence which is the she wolf in the first third.

I thought it was fantastic to switch from the perils of Madelaine et al back to the season 1 group but still retain the Dantesque theme with the panderers (pimps) and seducers. I also thought that the reference to the thugs upside down in the trash cans was a reference to the sinners upside down in the bolgias but after checking I see that belongs to the Simonists.

And I have switched sides, so to speak. Antonio must be gay not to jump on a freshly showered Nia. I loved the veiled reference to the destiny of their names, and look forward to that thread being unravelled over time. Also, I suspect Nia will be best suited to adapt to 1984 because she doesn't fit in with her own time, as you have masterfully alluded to.
    First I'd like to thank you so much for the response ! It really and sincerely delights me to no end that you've given such a thoughtful comment ! Not to say anyone else's is bad , but I'm just flattered at the thought you put into this one XD

I rewatched Aliens the other day and it's just one of the best movies ever so I just had to add it in there somewhere . You can even see that I inentionally codenamed the pilot and copilot as callsigned Pharaoh and Spunky as a direct reference to Ferro and Spunkmeyer in the movie XD

As for the Dante references I'm so glad you picked up on it . I wanted to make sure that this particular chapter wasn't just an island in all the Dante stuff ; i really wanted to integrate it into the journey and I'm so glad you managed to point it out ^^ Also the simoniacs was a bit unintended , to be honest with the trash bins up side down but that just goes to show how you could probably writer your own adaptation better than I could . Thank you so much again and I promise more Nia in the coming weeks XD

ColossusCrusher: Good XD

Murmurandus: Without a doubt !

CountArach: So glad to hear it and thank you again for taking it up I'm always very happy to see comments on previous chapters ! The zombie chapter was a very fun one because even I didn't expect to be doing a zombie chapter but there you go ! And it totally paid off XD One of the best arcs I've done yet I think !

Enewald: And you haven't shared your comments on them yet ! Shame on you XD haha
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

And you haven't shared your comments on them yet ! Shame on you XD haha
    Well, I still wonder how you are able to make the story so long with the same characters...

But still I love the story.

And atm I wonder is Isabella really Isabella or a dead slave of Lord of A Cid.

And maybe you should post the table of contents on the first page?

Just edit some of your post there.

This aar is madness.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Madness? THIS! IS! TIMELINES!

Whoops, I did it again

Anyway, next time Nia should plan these things better and use the axioma 'save water, shower with me'
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Dammit Grubby!
    You stole my thunder!
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald
    Well, I still wonder how you are able to make the story so long with the same characters...

But still I love the story.

And atm I wonder is Isabella really Isabella or a dead slave of Lord of A Cid.

And maybe you should post the table of contents on the first page?

Just edit some of your post there.

This aar is madness.
    Glad to hear it

Grubnessul & ColossusCrusher: oh you guys XD terrible !

Edit: Sorry , Grubby XD It's usually Murmy that does that line ! I haven't slept all night !! Give me a break XD
    Last edited by canonized; 17-06-2008 at 16:04.
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher
    Dammit Grubby!
    You stole my thunder!
    Early bird gets the worm

Besides, I've been spamming this thread with MADNESS! since I saw 300

EDIT: Why does Canonized holds me for a Belgian?
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Love the panzy cardinal

And I like the committee Pity I don't know the name Dermail. And the power of the Apostles?
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Still I'm not entirely convinced the stun pistol would work, wouldn't the iron just discharge the energy down to the ground?
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    What covered the torso was a mockery of any dress skirt either Sweet or the Cardinal had seen. Barely reaching the middle of the thigh, the piece of clothing dangled dangerously and easily wafted upward with every step.
    I hear this is the trend nowadays

And gangsters, not Master G
    not much of a fight I see, but they did get taken down.

hmmm...it looks like Pablo is going to have some company

and on a side note: The armor should of consisted of a wooden cage surrounded by metal. That would be the ultimate protection. But of course somethings are too late.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.
    EU4 Stats - because deep down we are all stats junkies

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Great update as always, nice to see something of Season I cast, Panzerkardinal rules! Let's see what happens with them with LAPD

Anyway, next time Nia should plan these things better and use the axioma 'save water, shower with me'
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Yeah, well...we should all get together and play some Starcraft MADNESS!
    I'm ColossusCrusher, my server is US East.

Maybe that can get the 300 out of our systems...or probably exacerbate it.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    ah the return of the deadliest duo in christendom, but unfortunately i think they are slightly out numbered and out gunned by the LAPD.... And at last Pablo might die!!!

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    Quote Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher
    Yeah, well...we should all get together and play some Starcraft MADNESS!
    I'm ColossusCrusher, my server is US East.

Maybe that can get the 300 out of our systems...or probably exacerbate it.
    Madness?

THIS...IS...STARCRAFT!!! What did you think it was, Warcraft in space?

TheExecuter (US East)

And please...no more shower scenes!

TheExecuter
    Yankee Clerk
    Liberal
    Free Trade
    Laissez-Faire
    Pluralism
    Full Citizenship
    Pro-Military

54 games registered

And please...no more shower scenes!
    Waat?

*reads faster*

I am trying to get to page 62 tonight... yep... I read only during nights.
    And comment aars durign the days.

Boring life.

Early bird gets the worm

Besides, I've been spamming this thread with MADNESS! since I saw 300

EDIT: Why does Canonized holds me for a Belgian?
    ROFL my apologies XD see my previous post for details

Avernite: Another Gundam reference I'm afraid XD

Grubnessul: Depends on what's on the bottom of the Cardinal's boots , I suppose XD

comagoosie: Well you do have several other points of contact including the gauntlets and what not XD . Oh you guys ... XD

Capibara: Thanks Looking forward to writing about it !

ColossusCrusher: oi if only I had time to play SC nowadays XD

robou: Yes , and out-technoed XD

TheExecuter: ROFL what do you have against shower scenes ? XD

Enewald: Haha , well there is a difference between chapter and pages since certain chapters take up several pages in comments
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    -~= =~-

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canonized
    comagoosie: Well you do have several other points of contact including the gauntlets and what not XD . Oh you guys ... XD
    yes I see that the cardinal would wear metal gloves, but why not switch them for leather, or have I forgotten something *tries to remember something which I may or may not remember*
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.
    EU4 Stats - because deep down we are all stats junkies

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

+ Reply to Thread