• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ForzaA said:
:)

...You do know what "Schenkhuizen" means (more or less) ?

...All the more tempting to link Riku to the him here

(given that I haven't seen anyone comment on my foolishness for not remembering who that he is supposed to be)

Something like "Donating Houses" right ? XD XD

Murmurandus: o_O you'll have to explain that to me

JimboIX: Plato was certainly badass yes XD

canonized said:
Fixed XD . And it's really no more difficult . Less annoying than shakespeare , actually . So long as you get a good translation like Ciardi or Sinclair . If you get the original Longfellow translation , you're going to be stuck in Victorian English . It'd be like trying to swallow lead !

The whole thing is poetry! :p The translation I'm sure does make a difference but what I meant was that the syntax, vocabulary, etc, are dated and not what modern readers are used to (like Shakespeare, though due to the ossified nature of his plays it's worse).

Plato was badass, but Aristotle was 1337!

VILenin said:
The whole thing is poetry! :p The translation I'm sure does make a difference but what I meant was that the syntax, vocabulary, etc, are dated and not what modern readers are used to (like Shakespeare, though due to the ossified nature of his plays it's worse).

Definitely get the Sinclaire or Ciardi translation , the reading is much easier . Otherwise you might as well learn italian and read it in its original to get it to be smooth going down XD Gosh , I need a drink

ColossusCrusher: ROFL . Somehow , it's an apt analogy

canonized said:
Something like "Donating Houses" right ? XD XD

hmm, yes...

..could be :D

(though not what it's used for if used in Dutch [though it's not a very regular word by any means])

Looking for the history of the REAL name, I bumped into the news that some Grubby (real name Schenkhuizen) beat Sweet to win some championship or other...coincidence? I think not :p [but undoubtedly already mentioned ages ago]

canonized said:
Murmurandus: o_O you'll have to explain that to me

Doesn't it sound like some bird if you read it outloud?? Other than that it was a lame joke... ;)

ForzaA said:
hmm, yes...

..could be :D

(though not what it's used for if used in Dutch [though it's not a very regular word by any means])

Looking for the history of the REAL name, I bumped into the news that some Grubby (real name Schenkhuizen) beat Sweet to win some championship or other...coincidence? I think not :p [but undoubtedly already mentioned ages ago]

ROFL . Yes , it's been exposed numerous times in the past XD

Murmurandus: I still don't get it o.o

canonized said:
Murmurandus: I still don't get it o.o

Leave it then... It seems the joke is too Flemish for you or really that bad... ;)

Murmurandus said:
Leave it then... It seems the joke is too Flemish for you or really that bad... ;)

ROFL okay XD . It's interesting sometimes the way different languages interpret the sounds of animals . Chirp Chirp would be what I'd be used to for bird sounds XD

Murmurandus said:
the bird says "roekoekoe", you silly Fleming :p

@Canonized.. I'm still waiting for you to figure out the 'true' meaning of Schenkhuis(/huizen) though :p

ForzaA said:
the bird says "roekoekoe", you silly Fleming :p

@Canonized.. I'm still waiting for you to figure out the 'true' meaning of Schenkhuis(/huizen) though :p

I have no idea actually XD I gave it my best shot ! XD You'll have to tell us !

Update coming up tonight (hopefully XD)

canonized said:
ROFL okay XD . It's interesting sometimes the way different languages interpret the sounds of animals . Chirp Chirp would be what I'd be used to for bird sounds XD

Obviously, no one here knows the joke of the little bird and the big bird on the three....

Good Lord, spare us from Kurty's sense of humor, please...

A furore jocosimus locandi Kurtinorrimus Steinerannorum libera nos, Domine

You know, I quite like the Longfellow translation! =( Then again, I am quite obsessed with the Victorian Era. ^^ RUUUULLLLEEE BRRRIIIITAAAANNNNIIIIAAAAA!!!!!! I mean.... eerrrr...

Rule Hispania! Hispania rule the world!
Thy flag never shall be furled!
XD

Kurt_Steiner said:
Obviously, no one here knows the joke of the little bird and the big bird on the three....

Good Lord, spare us from Kurty's sense of humor, please...

A furore jocosimus locandi Kurtinorrimus Steinerannorum libera nos, Domine

ROFL , Amen ! XD Thanks for stopping by , Kurt and Peti ! For this , have some pizza , eh ? XD It's on the house !

LordCowles: Haha , have you caught up to the part where I put up the Rule Espana Sheet Music ?

Just a status report :

I'm going to call it a night this evening but I'll resume writing the next chapter tomorrow early in the morning . Going to mee the bishop at dinner tomorrow but I'll try and get an update up in the afternoon ^^ Then another update sunday then another interview monday or tues ^^

So hell and all, always a nice place to visit. Any guelfs and ghibellines in there?

---

Lust? I thought it all began with a snake and an apple.

Pretty lame indeed :p

Snakes... why did it have to be snakes?

Afraid of snakes, dr. Jon... de Fronsac? :p

As for the Tom/ Marcus relation, didn't I make some commend on that a long, long time ago, which seems to be pretty accurant? :p

RGB: Haha , quite a few I'm sure XD .

Murmurandus: Whenever I think of Flemings I think of Ian Fleming , then I think of James Bond ... what a terrible cycle !~

Grubnessul: Haha , you'll have to forgive my terrible memory and remind us XD

FELLOWLOGO.gif

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen , I'm very proud to announce another addition to our Fellowship and someone who has indeed proven his excellent in Alternate History fiction . Today , the Tempus Society is very glad to bestow a Fellowship upon our dear friend jeffg006 author of Empire Under Heaven ~ Zhonguo (VIP) AAR !

Jeff's writing style in his AAR that has qualified him for this nomination is influenced by his time in China and his studies of the Chinese language . His intricate attention to the Eastern aesthetic as well as his realistic and believable storyline of a struggling China has propelled him to be one of the best writers of the season and has made many of us fans of his work . His creation of multidimensional characters and emphasis on dynamic and innovative moods sprinkled with the proper sprinkling of Chinese characters and poetry makes his work one of the most outstanding examples of adopting the style of your nation and period .

Jeff himself is an outstanding member of the AARland community . Always friendly and encouraging , although he is a new writer , he emphasizes the aesthetic beauty of AARs while maintaining the kind demeanor that we've all come to love . Jeff , from me personally as your sponsor , you've been a great friend on the forums and your energy is a testament to the strength of AARland . Welcome Jeff , and we are honoured to have you with us !