• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
dore1v.jpg

The Dante Arc

Director's Commentary

I thought I'd say just a few words on our current course . We're set in this latest arc to follow Madeleine de Fronsac , Raul Roxas , Willem Van Axel , and Riku in their journey to the Timepiece . It is an arduous journey which , and I will say this now , will not end the way everyone will expect it . I'll also reveal that we are rapidly approaching the end of Season II .

So why a Dante arc ? First of all , because it's just plain cool and I think everyone could relate to it on that level . The gruesome punishments of sinners make for excellent traps and obstacles for our heroes .

In the allegorical style of Dante , however , we know it's so much more than that . The four will have to literally grapple with Sin in order to get to their goal and with that means challenges that these young people may not have seen before or thought of . Just as Thomas Royce has merely buried his sins behind his piety .

Martin Luther once described justification as a snow covered dunghill . That is , that Christ's white robes will cover up all your inequities and this is how God will judge you . This is the course Thomas had decided to take and despite his pious exterior , the state of his soul remains .

The Catholic view , on the other hand , as Dante puts forward and as i juxtapose next to Thomas is that one must have an interior transformation through Grace . That is , that the state of one's soul actually changes . Christ's grace does not merely clothe you , but cleans you . And as with all cleaning , this may be painful . Therefore , let us watch how our young heroes travel through this Hell . The Question is , is it merely our heroes in the past doing so or are both past and present travelling through the pilgrim's journey of Dante ?

Dante and Shakespeare. divide the modern world between them ; there is no third.

-- T.S. Eliot​

Dante Alighieri is perhaps one of the greatest writers of all time and although he wrote his work while in exile living from house to house nearly seven hundred years ago , his exposition of the human society and human soul remains as pertinent and profound today as it was in his lifetime .

Dante has also been left mostly undiscovered in America and in the greater English Speaking world where Milton -- the Icon of Protestant Epic Writers (a good writer in his own right) -- reigns supreme and for centuries the Divine Comedy was considered profane italian papist trash even as late as by the end of the American Civil War and today (compare how all English departments teach Milton but I can probably count on my fingers how many teach Dante) .

What makes Dante great ? You'll see Madeleine give you only a SMALL GLIMMER of what makes this man a genius . His work is dense poetry that any person can understand but has captivated the chosen few academics without end . The deeper one digs into his tale , the more treasure can be found and the wellspring seems inexhaustible . For those who wish to pick up the Divine Comedy , I would recommend the Ciardi translation . He provides excellent summaries and end notes to each chapter .

So what can we expect as Madeleine and the others descend further into the complex ?

inf_dore_24_093.jpg

As Renault de Fronsac might say : "Snakes ... why did it have to be Snakes" Haha

But what separates Dante from modern expositions of gore or violence ?

Because nothing is without meaning with Dante . Nothing is gratuitous . Why are people being attacked by snakes ? As Madeleine will explain , these are the thieves . Thievery is , naturally , a serpentine endeavor . And this is how they are punished in Hell , by the very nature of their sin . This is called contrapasso or counter-suffering . Whatever you loved the most in life , you receive as your punishment in Hell (or as your penance in Purgatory , or your reward in Heaven) .

When the snakes bite you , they turn you to dust . Why dust ? Because just as thieves destroy and covet the possessions of others , so do their bodies become destroyed and covetted by the snakes . This is only the tip of the iceberg of Dante's dense allegory . Every movement , every speech , every motion has three or more meanings . Especially when juxtaposed with later Cantos .

But is this what we're destined for in this arc of Timelines ? A dismal descent into darkness ? How could Dante write such things and leave us utterly destroyed inside with the truth of sin and its effects on the world as it has in Hell ? It is a preparation of course . It is to prepare us for this:

par_dore_31_001.jpg

What people fail to remember is that the Inferno is only one THIRD of Dante's amazing epic . It is the third of degradation , death , destruction , and depression set in the inversion of all that is good . It breaks the person down so that Dante can rebuild the person up again . The Inferno is the gargoyle of Dante's great cathedral reminding us in its ugliness that even in our world there is evil . Purgatorio , the third of Hope and promise , the painful confession once you enter the cathedral , and then finally Paradise where bliss , glory , forever and ever reign supreme . The ultimate expression of fulfillness of love . It's when Dante , though in exile , finally comes home . He walks up spheres of planets and enters into the Empyrean and receives communion .

So although Timelines will take a dark turn into the underworld , it all has a purpose . Ladies and Gentlemen , we will be ascending to the heights of Paradise as well . Please stay tuned , and I hoped you enjoyed this little bonus !

Last edited:
But but...

If we reach paradise the story is over! :eek:

Still, neat piece of writing. You say it won't turn out as we expect, which obviously means it won't be "they go down an arduous journey, becoming ever closer friends in the process, then save the worlds with the timepiece'.

My possibilities for sudden twists:

-someone dies
-the timepiece is gone
-they wreck the world with the timepiece, as Drescher beats them to it and messes it up
-they kill eachother

I vote for the last! ;)

Nice bonus, liked the explanation, I really agree with Avernite, what will happen this time at the end of season 2? Hope it's something that leaves us waiting anxiously for season 3

Dante's always been a favorite of mine- though I like to put him in perspective with Petrarch when I'm dabbling in precursors to the Renaissance. As to Aquinas, to me he's always been too reflective for a useful philosophy. When it comes to Catholic theologian philosophers, I stick to St. Augustine (Augustine was my confirmation name for this reason). Besides with Aquinas, it's always the philosopher this, the philosopher that. I'm shocked at your report that not many english departments teach Dante. I read it in High School, and again in undergrad along with Milton as part of an interdisciplinary program I did at my private- and protestant- undergraudate school. Milton always seemed the lesser academic highlight to me. In any case, good bit, and this reply is far longer than I intended.
Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the allegory.

Ahh excellent commentary indeed!

I think I'd go for the third of Avernite's options :D

Avernite: Haha , you're partly right , if we do reach it so quickly , the story wound end . I'll have to see how I draw out the analogy XD .

As with Timelines tradition , I don't usually plan ahead my chapters and this is the case even with this Arc . Although I have much of the allegory in mind just from transliteration , it'll still take some spontaneous ideas to get the cogs rolling .

Capibara: Thank you ! Haha , can't tell you what'll happen at the end ! You'll have to see for yourselves :D I'm very excited for Season III . Lots of cool stuff there . The Dutch especially i'll give that much of a hint XD

JimboIX: Ahh the Platonic Line . (i.e. Plato - Augustine) vs the Aristotelian line (Aristotle - St. Thomas Aquinas - Urs von Balthasar) . Classic distinctions between the two . I've always liked Tommy and Ari-kun more I guess XD . I'm very glad you're enjoying it though ! :D

English Patriot: Thank you , sir !

canonizedalexanderprimus.png

You’ve Been Canonized!: AlexanderPrimus​

Welcome and good afternoon everyone once again to this edition of You’ve Been Canonized! our weekly interview segment here on Timelines where we take a patron author and get to know more about them, their thoughts on Timelines, and about their current project or AAR. If you’re new to the programme, I’m your host, canonized, author of Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? and today, as with our continued effort to showcase new authors and, we’ll be talking with rising star Alexander Primus, author of Chronicles of the Golden Cross. Let’s get to the questions!

Part I: The Crusader
AlexanderPrimus shares a few things about himself!

canonized: so thank you very much for coming on the programme , please tell us a little bit about yourself to start us off ?

AlexanderPrimus: Well, I'm twenty-five years old, I have a BA in History, I've been married for a little over a year to a wonderful woman and we run a small wedding business. Life is good. Thanks for having me on the programme, by the way.

canonized: my pleasure so you're a relatively new person to AARland perhaps to the forum , could you tell us the story of how you arrived ? ^^

AlexanderPrimus: Heh, well I did just write an article about it in the AARlander... but okay. I'm a big fan of the Civilization series, so much so that I joined the staff of Apolyton, a Civilization-themed forum. Over there we have a subforum devoted to Paradox games, and one day, an acquaintance of mine who frequents both that forum and this one posted a link to an AAR. I was hooked. Moreover, AAR writing looked like something I could do. My AARival here has proved to be very rewarding and a lot of fun.

canonized: What do you think so far of your current stay in AARland ? Your first impressions as a new person on the scene ?

AlexanderPrimus: I like it here. The people are friendly and respectful; the stories are creative, and some are downright brilliant. I think it's an excellent community for creative output, and may well be a springboard to bigger things for some of our resident talent.

canonized: Tell us a little bit about the writing styles you prefer in AARs and also about your own preferences to write as ?

AlexanderPrimus: Well, I think a good writer can make just about any style work in an AAR, albeit I think that oftentimes narrative writers are better able to grab large audiences, as their AARs tend to be more similar in format to popular novels. Oddly enough, I think it's the extras that push an AAR over the threshold into excellence. Things like game screenshots, pictures, videos and music go a long way to immerse the reader in the AAR world. Nevertheless, no amount of media can save an AAR without a solid storyline. And a truly compelling story will always be the stAAR in the end.

canonized: How would you say your history degree has perhaps influenced or augmented your writing ?

AlexanderPrimus: Earning a history degree involves a great deal of writing -- not just papers, but proposals, critiques, reviews and so forth. Thus, I've had a great deal of practice in writing. Moreover, writing history is essentially just telling a story, so I think AAR writing is a natural progression. I wouldn't say that I'm any more creative than any other WritAARs out there; I've just had a lot of practice in the story-telling field.

canonized: Do you have any particular plans to pursue writing outside of AARs ; perhaps some kind of historical fiction out there ?

AlexanderPrimus: Definitely. I've been working on a manuscript on and off for over a year now. I can't really say for sure when I'll be finished. It's an historical fantasy -- I enjoy blending the historical background with new and innovative concepts.

Part II: A Pilgrimage
Let’s see some thoughts AP has on Timelines

canonized: So going through Timelines , what might your first impressions be so far ?

AlexanderPrimus: I'm loving it. Once the progression of the story started with Season I's cast of characters, I was totally hooked. Season II has been a bit more difficult for me to get into, probably because of how wrenching it was for me to lose my beloved Season I cast to "The Disappearance." Now I'm hoping I'll get a glimpse of even just one of them in every update I read. You've got a great narrative style, very gripping to read, and compelling enough to make me wade through from the very beginning even when you're already so far into it. I love that the chronology is both linear and cyclical, or rather, that echoes of the past events reverberate in Tom Royce's "present day." I also enjoy all of the little references to everything under the sun, from Carmen Sandiego to Zero Wing. It's an incredibly complex tale, and I am riveted to see where you take the story next.

canonized: Thank you very much for your patronage XD . If there was a part of Timelines that you enjoy that you'd say would be the most unique to you , what might that aspect or part be ?

AlexanderPrimus: Well, it's difficult to say exactly what I enjoy the most. I'd have to say it's your excellently-written three-dimensional characters. They are such a diverse, entertaining bunch. Of course the main protagonists like Antonio, Isabella, and Jakob are terrific. However, it's the supporting cast that kept me coming back for more. Panzerkardinal DeWitt is a pleasure to read about as he rends evil asunder. I especially enjoy to watching Renault de Fronsac escape from all sorts of different near-death dilemmas. And Nia Obidos. Wow...

canonized: Haha , another Nia fan , huh ? There are so few of you although she personally always did it for me XD . Any particular thematic elements that you could discern from all of the intrigue and action going on that stuck out to you ?

AlexanderPrimus: Definitely. The thematic elements are what link the "past" in your story with the present "interlude." There's a very powerful theme of good vs. evil, which is recurrent throughout the entire tale. What makes that particular theme so interesting is that the descendants of the characters from the past are fighting the same battle in the future. The overhanging archetype is the relic. The Timepiece is like the Hoyl Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant, in that the good character seek to preserve it and protect it from misuse, while the evil characters want to corrupt it, defile it, and use it not only to take over the world, but in some cases, destroy all of existence! So in effect, despite the complexities of multiple timelines and plot-twists, the underlying theme remains the dichotomy of good and evil, of course with a few mysterious "grey" characters whose motivations remain unclear that are thrown in just to spice things up a bit. Hence, being a Nia fan.

canonized: You mentioned the various references and easter eggs here and there ; we also have several bonuse chapters and sub-plots both from the management and some written as guest spots by various other AARlanders - any thoughts on these added contributions and deviations ?

AlexanderPrimus: As mentioned previously, I enjoy the little tidbits thrown in to liven up the mix. They are all excellently done, though my personal favorites in the bonus content category would have to be thistle's superb portrait of the Panzerkardinal and thrashingmad's battle video.

canonized: Lastly in this section , any guesses on what the mysterious Timepiece might be ?

AlexanderPrimus: Oh goodness. I have numerous hypotheses, ranging from a mysterious alien artifact, to misplaced technology from the ultra-advanced, chronologically-unrestricted future, to an überelement ala kryptonite, or even a God-given relic for the preservation of mankind. In other words, I have no idea.

Part III: The Tragic Kingdom
Let’s take a look at AP’s rousing crusader tale!

canonized: First , although there are many AARs out there that enjoy focusing on the Crusader States , why did you particularly start a journey with them ?

AlexanderPrimus: Well, as a student of history I have specialized in both medieval Europe and the ancient Near East, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem sort of represents a bledning of those two. Really, though, I find the crusader states utterly compelling because of the transformation the occidental Europeans undergo as they blend their culture with that of the mysterious East. Moreover, the impact that the Crusades had culturally, politcally, and religiously on Europe cannot be overstated. The Franks' eastern experiences irreversably altered their Weltanschauung. Not to mention that it's a really great "What-if?" scenario. What if the crusaders had not lost the Holy Land to Saladin, or even, what if there was no Battle of Hattin? The possibilites are endless, and I'm enjoying telling just one way how things might have turned out.

canonized: One of the most noticable hallmarks of your AAR are your picturesque gallery of pictures and videos . Tell us a little bit about what goes behind the scenes on how you make these graphical supplements and your experience with them ?

AlexanderPrimus: I like providing imagery to show the things that my words cannot always convey. The pictures themselves are not to difficult; I either find them on the internet or take screen captures from games and movies. Editing the images is fairly straightforward, just a quick cut-and-paste job. Maps are a little bit harder for me, but I've been lucky enough to have some assistance from some writAARs with a great amount of talent and skill in that department. Videos on the other hand, are much more time-consuming and even occasionally frustrating. This is mainly because the software I use to make them hates me, I'm convinced. But since I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I sit there and battle with it until I'm finally satisfied with the result, and still the actual quality of the video resolution remains low. It's YouTube after all. My favorite aspect of the videos remains the soundtrack. Music does so much to alter your perception of the world that you perceive, and I feel that the music I use in the videos will carry you away to the world I want to create for the reader. That's why I have begun to include mood music in the AAR as well.

canonized: Naturally , your narrative includes all the staples of the Crusader experience from nobility squabbling over such an unstable kingdom to the usual Muslim threat . From epic battles to at home intrigues , what other things about your AAR do you believe sets it as a unique offering ?

AlexanderPrimus: Ha, that's a question you should ask my wonderful readers, not me! I guess I'm just trying to make my AAR into more than just a log of in-game experiences. I want to make the characters into real people, if only in our imaginations, and I want The Chronicles of the Golden Cross to be a deep and scintillating foray into what might have been. I'm anxious to travel to new worlds and experience exciting, unimaginable adventures, and I'd love to bring along anyone who wants to come with me.

canonized: What kind of research and background work do you do for each of your updates ? Could you give us one of your average days for updates perhaps ?

AlexanderPrimus: Actually, due to my crazy schedule, I like to spread out my preparation over the few days before the update, Since I'm writing the story as I progress in the game, I naturally play through a few years of game time to get the basic chronology of the story first. I will then outline the major events and plot of the update. Then I'll take a break from the linear chronolgy and maybe focus on editing the pictures and music that I want to include, and finally I'll start writing the story itself. I don't generally do too much research for the AAR, as I'm already quite familiar with the characters and time period involved. Should I need to look something up, I generally turn to my large array of historical books on myriad subjects, or, procrastinator that I am, I'll just look it up on the infamous Internet. Then I proofread the AAR ad nauseam until it's exactly the way I want it, and finally I post it on the forum!

canonized: As for those fans of yours who might be reading . Might you be able to give any exclusive sneak peeks for them about what may be happening in the future of your epic tale ?

AlexanderPrimus:
Certainly! Aside from the linear events which are based on in-game content, I'm planning on branching out on a few plot tangents developing the nature of the alternate world with surviving crusader states. One of these involves the escapades of a certain Italian explorer of renown, another concerns the theological implications of a strong independent Christian power in the Holy Land for a prolonged duration. And of course, I like to throw in historical characters with a bit of tweaking for the alternate world. The most popular of these has proved to be Frederica von Hohenstaufen, born in the real world as the promiscuous, religiously ambivalent Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II. The twist is that in my AAR, while retaining the same traits as her real-life counterpart, Frederica was born a woman. There will be many more characters like her in the future, homages to real historical people whose lives turn out very differently in the AAR world, especially as it diverges more and more from our timeline.

canonized: And lastly , what kind of future AAR ideas might you be thinking of doing ?

AlexanderPrimus: Oh goodness, you want me to reveal my state secrets! Just kidding. After I finish Chronicles of the Golden Cross, I have two AAR ideas I might like to try to implement, and I'd be willing to collaborate with anyone interested enough if these ideas to participate actively. Please, no idea stealing here, good readers. The first idea is entitled 1421: the Far Side of Heaven, and is a scenario of an Imperial Chinese colony in California left over from the travels of Admiral Zheng He (presuming he actually made it to America at all) and now cut off from the empire. They have about a century to consolidate before the Spanish and Portuguese begin arriving in the Americas and causing trouble. Can China manage to successfully colonize the New World? The second idea is entitled 1066: Godwineson's Revenge. This AAR would be about the solitary fragments of Saxon nobility that survived the Battle of Hastings and Norman Conquest of England, and how they seek to gain revenge on William the Conqueror and reclaim their rightful lands. It would focus on the descendants of Harold Godwineson and Edgar the Atheling and their subsequent adventures.

canonized: Well that’s all for our interview this evening . We’d like to thank AlexanderPrimus for being on the show and we’d like to thank the audience for reading once again . Please don’t forget to keep us in mind when you vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds ! Tune in during the week to find out who the next interviewee will be ! That’s all for our interview this time , see you next time , and in the meantime , stay tuned for more Timelines ; fair , balanced , and unafraid !

OK, I haven't posted for two updates, so here goes: It is obvious that you know your Dante. ^^ I like how you adapt it to the story, with the bee-sting deathtrap, the Castle of Limbo as the last place of refuge for our heroes before the Descent (capital D intentional, heh heh ^^) into Hell, etc. I also continue to be amazed by your seamless mixing together of the past and present of the AAR. Also, if a busy man like Renault can build a giant subterranean fortress, it shouldn't be much trouble at all! I gotta try it some time! XP

canonized said:
Martin Luther once described justification as a snow covered dunghill . That is , that Christ's white robes will cover up all your inequities and this is how God will judge you . This is the course Thomas had decided to take and despite his pious exterior , the state of his soul remains .

The Catholic view , on the other hand , as Dante puts forward and as i juxtapose next to Thomas is that one must have an interior transformation through Grace . That is , that the state of one's soul actually changes . Christ's grace does not merely clothe you , but cleans you . And as with all cleaning , this may be painful . Therefore , let us watch how our young heroes travel through this Hell . The Question is , is it merely our heroes in the past doing so or are both past and present travelling through the pilgrim's journey of Dante ?

Hmm...the catholic view really isn't that far off from the protestant view I'm familiar with...just seems to be looking at things from the other side of the 'dunghill' so to speak. I.e. both sanctification and justification take place in the timeline...justification at a point (here or at the judgement...take your pick) and sanctification over the time-span of faith?...

Since I haven't read any of Dante's work, I'll have to be careful not to let you spoil it for me!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment...
TheExecuter

Nice interview. Interesting to see you migrated over from Civ games to Paradox; I started off years ago on Civ2 myself and got hooked on grand strategy games, almost like the Civilization games are gateway games to more "hardcore" stuff. ;)

Anyway, glad we were able to steal you away from the Apolyton forums! :)

VILenin said:
Nice interview. Interesting to see you migrated over from Civ games to Paradox; I started off years ago on Civ2 myself and got hooked on grand strategy games, almost like the Civilization games are gateway games to more "hardcore" stuff. ;)

Anyway, glad we were able to steal you away from the Apolyton forums! :)

Hehe, I'm on staff over there, so I'm living in both worlds. ;)

Mmm...apolyton....memories.

I only lurked over there...never actually posted. I did vastly enjoy some of the scenarios that apolyton hosted though. I particularly enjoyed the WW2 and WW1 scenarios for Civ2. I even tried unsuccessfully to port them over to Civ2 ToT...my first foray into modding. I remember vividly one Eastern front scenario which had such a good German invasion AI...man, those German army groups gave no respite...rampaging and encircling their way through my lands....too bad I could never get the scenario to work past winter of 1941.

Anyway...nice interview...and I should really go to bed...

TheExecuter

TheExecuter said:
Mmm...apolyton....memories.

I only lurked over there...never actually posted. I did vastly enjoy some of the scenarios that apolyton hosted though. I particularly enjoyed the WW2 and WW1 scenarios for Civ2. I even tried unsuccessfully to port them over to Civ2 ToT...my first foray into modding. I remember vividly one Eastern front scenario which had such a good German invasion AI...man, those German army groups gave no respite...rampaging and encircling their way through my lands....too bad I could never get the scenario to work past winter of 1941.

Anyway...nice interview...and I should really go to bed...

TheExecuter

The WWII scenario was a favorite of mine, too. Nowhere near the depth of HOI2 but good (and fun!) for the time and it was the only game in town.

canonized said:
As Renault de Fronsac might say : "Snakes ... why did it have to be Snakes" Haha
:rofl: Some interesting comments about Dante, though I'll confine myself to remarking that it is interesting that the Inferno is far and away the most well known book of the Divine Comedy. Go into a average book store and they'll certainly sell copies of just the Inferno but it's much less common to see the Paradisio or the Purgatorio. And that's because there is something very compelling about his travel through Hell and the meaning behind it. I would definitely second the recommendation to read Dante to anyone who can get through the prose (which is admittedly difficult by modern standards).

Nice interview, always nice to know more about other writAARs

LordCowles: Thank you very much , old bean ! :D It's a lot of fun !

TheExecuter: I'm only hitting the iceberg to be sure so no matter how much i try to put forth it's nothing compared to reading the real thing with the notations and gloss XD

VILenin: We're very glad to have him indeed XD

AlexanderPrimus: On staff eh ? I wonder ... XD

TheExecuter: good night , old bean ! Gosh , I wish I knew what you guys were talking about haha XD Well I know , but I never played civ anyway =(

VILenin said:
I would definitely second the recommendation to read Dante to anyone who can get through the poetry (which is admittedly difficult by modern standards).

Fixed XD . And it's really no more difficult . Less annoying than shakespeare , actually . So long as you get a good translation like Ciardi or Sinclair . If you get the original Longfellow translation , you're going to be stuck in Victorian English . It'd be like trying to swallow lead !

canonized said:
We're set in this latest arc to follow Madeleine de Fronsac , Raul Roxas , Willem Van Axel , and Riku in their journey to the Timepiece .!
Again I'm left wondering if something is left unsaid intentionally or if I'm forgetting things.

Riku's last name, say...

ForzaA said:
Again I'm left wondering if something is left unsaid intentionally or if I'm forgetting things.

Riku's last name, say...

Some things are indeed kept quiet . Last names and names in general play an important thematic role . Marcus's name , for example . Marcus also means warlike . eunomia i think it's called but it also ties into identity . Antonio / Antonio both derive from flower (i.e. why the rose looking birthmark was so essential to their reunion) . etc . As for Riku's last name . Partly , I haven't decided yet XD

canonized said:
Some things are indeed kept quiet . Last names and names in general play an important thematic role . Marcus's name , for example . Marcus also means warlike . eunomia i think it's called but it also ties into identity . Antonio / Antonio both derive from flower (i.e. why the rose looking birthmark was so essential to their reunion) . etc . As for Riku's last name . Partly , I haven't decided yet XD

:)

...You do know what "Schenkhuizen" means (more or less) ?

...All the more tempting to link Riku to the him here
Madeleine opened her eyes to the now rapidly brightening dimness as her vision adjusted. If Uncle Renault really did intend for her to discern the rest, then she would not disappoint. They would reach the very bottom where in that lake the Fiend is imprisoned. It was there that the Timepiece waited for the one to decide its destiny and she would bring him to it.

(given that I haven't seen anyone comment on my foolishness for not remembering who that he is supposed to be)

I think Riku Kuri sounds just fine... ;)

You know Plato always wins. Anyway, fun interview, even more AARs I need to read. Maybe in the summer.