• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Briliant comeback by Renault! :D

Good to have Tom back sane, he's much better of a character this way. But poor fellow, bearing the fate of the world on his back.

Haha! Go Renault! Good to see him in action!

Just curious, but how far done are you with the story?
50%?
10%?
1%?
.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%?

Vicky and HoI are in the planning and a CK prologue... and maybe Rome? :eek:

so I'd say about 17,439852%

LordCowles: Thank you very much and CONGRATULATIONS ! You're our 100th commentator ! Hope you continue to give us lovely comments and continue to tell us what you think :D Welcome to the community and let's everyone give Lord Cowles a wonderful round of applause !

Avernite: This is where you and Grubnessul are both correct :D No use beating around the bush ! XD Congratulations to you both for figuring it out ! (Grubby figured it out first but vaguely XD)

Grubnessul: Yep :D . Renault's finally better and yes , poor Tom . Especially at that age , what could a man do !

English Patriot: and we'll see him in more action as time comes !

ColossusCrusher: I'd say about 50%

Grubnessul: That's true , if i take those into consideration it would be closer to your estimate .

comagoosie: Haha or for spam !

canonized said:
LordCowles: Thank you very much and CONGRATULATIONS ! You're our 100th commentator ! Hope you continue to give us lovely comments and continue to tell us what you think :D Welcome to the community and let's everyone give Lord Cowles a wonderful round of applause !

100th commentator? Wow. Anyways.... ~Looks over post.~ I think I spent so much time gushing over how much I loved the story that I never gave my opinion of this chapter. ^^ It's great, as always, and I didn't expect the priest be Renault. Or to be hitting someone with a crucifix. :eek: Also, nice cliffhanger - again, always. XD Nice that Tom's sane again, though, I agree. If he ever was sane. I mean, imagine, a world where Spain doesn't control the world? ~Aristocratically disdainful laughter.~ XD

Renault shows no mercy in comebacks...he's like Chuck Norris.

LordCowles said:
100th commentator? Wow. Anyways.... ~Looks over post.~ I think I spent so much time gushing over how much I loved the story that I never gave my opinion of this chapter. ^^ It's great, as always, and I didn't expect the priest be Renault. Or to be hitting someone with a crucifix. :eek: Also, nice cliffhanger - again, always. XD Nice that Tom's sane again, though, I agree. If he ever was sane. I mean, imagine, a world where Spain doesn't control the world? ~Aristocratically disdainful laughter.~ XD

Haha , well then , old chap , you should definitely join us for some afternoon tea and some watercress or cucumber sandwiches ! And thank you ! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter ^^

JimboIX: ROFL Chuck Norris ... now there's an image for Renault I haven't thought of yet haha .

Spam? :O Where? Who dares to defile this AAR with his/her evil Spam?

As for the gold, how does Arturo get such an amount of gold? Or does he really believe that it's the magic of his ancestors?

So we're looking at 400 pages of cold hard AAR...wow.
Maybe some screenies? :D

JimboIX said:
Renault shows no mercy in comebacks...he's like Chuck Norris.

:D When Renault does he push-ups, he's pushing the rest of the world down. :D

The blood red stone, could it be a gigantic ruby or somesuch? It would make sense that greedy mercenaries would fight each other for precious stone worth a fortune. But maybe that explanation's too simple.

If Renault fought himself, he would win.

Go to chucknorrisfacts.com and replace "Chuck Norris" with "Renault", and you get the truth behind everything Timelines.

Grubnessul: It was the stone that his ancestors hid in the village . One can assume he knew (being a descendant) where it was .

ColossusCrusher: Haha I'll try :D

VILenin: Well the redness is just from the dried blood from the previous chapters but the previous guesses are correct . There is indications on the stone that it's gold . Most likely only on one side considering how when José searched around it , he was surprised at what he saw on the other side .

LordCowles: Yep , correct :D

ColossusCrusher: ROFL . Look what we've started !

chuck-norris-album9.jpg

Renault kicks kangaroos for fun? Is his beard stronger than any razor?​

ForzaA said:
Also, "a rock" might just be "a clump of gold"....canonized seems like just the person to not write in such an important part of the story :)

...only a few pages back when Grubby first suggested it might be gold.

...also fits nicely with Arturo showing it to Jose and be rather specific in telling him not to telling anyone :)

General_BT: ROFL . Out of hand , I say !

ForzaA: And you are correct :D . It would also explain why the natives wanted to keep the two brothers on opposite ends of a small field so that one could see the stone-side and one could see the gold side hence why the younger brother really did think that his brother betrayed him merely for a stone .