• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zerch de la Opo: ROFL Will try to deliver . Speaking of Obama , VILenin should be publishing another chapter today if he has one for today .

Mijn Hollanders & comagoosie: Yes , I do believe it's 1.5 years though I'm not sure about 3000 posts you automatically get it as well but I could be wrong . I'll trust ForzaA more on it since he is a demi mod .

I guess SPAM is the way :p

Grubnessul said:
I guess SPAM is the way :p

ROFL Let's hope not ! Wouldn't want to get in trouble XD Working on an update as we speak .

canonized said:
ROFL Let's hope not ! Wouldn't want to get in trouble XD Working on an update as we speak .
No Sir canonized, we want the update to be as perfect as it can be, just like all the other chapters. :D

The chapter is called The Dead, should I be expecting zombies?
canonized said:
Mijn Hollanders & comagoosie: Yes , I do believe it's 1.5 years though I'm not sure about 3000 posts you automatically get it as well but I could be wrong . I'll trust ForzaA more on it since he is a demi mod .
go back to my post and you will see I quoted from the forum rules (yes, I even went back and doubled checked) :D

maybe I should be a demi mod, or even a quarter mod ;)

comagoosie: Haha , zombies again ? I don't think I could use it twice XD . Not yet at least !

Oh ! And before this next chapter comes out , I was hoping someone would pick up a little reference I dropped ! has to do with Griselda XD .

BEHINDTHESCENES.png

Since VILenin wasn't able to put up a bonus today I thought I'd give you guys one before the next chapter tomorrow ! Let's go behind the scenes and take a little look at where all the Timelines action goes on !

hallway.png

Here is the chamber at the end of the hall where I work on each chapter . The positioning of the desk really helps to gain a commanding position of both the room and the Hall . You'll notice an Icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help right behind me . An apt icon for asking for the help of the Holy Spirit in inspiration !

shelf.png

Next , we visit one of our shelves where we keep some of our books . Most of our books are back home in Orange County , but we've managed to keep a few here . Have a few books on other shelves and what not but at least in here you can see my Ciardi translation of the Divine Comedy . The huge things like the Riverside Chaucer and Norton's Shakespeare are on different tables on their own right just because they're too big to fit on the shelves . It's a secondary step in gaining architectural help for defining the longterm goals and plans of Timelines as well as helping to nurture the situational and allegorical aspects of the work .

couch1.png

Next is the couch . Ahh .. this is where a good little bit of Timelines is pondered about . That's how it usually goes , Beseeching Divine Inspiration , Literary Studies for reinforcement , and then brainstorming on the couch . The clock that you see audibly ticks and has beautiful roman numerals . That's also a weather station . I like to surround myself with dials and clockfaces . It helps to add to the mood to brainstorm for Timelines .

couch2.png

I usually sit next to the houseplant and think for a few minutes going over plot ideas and what not . I remember from watching Hot Fuzz how the Peace Lily helped the main character to think so I adopted a plant for the room XD . Her name is Madeleine in honour of my old cat XD .

workingontimelines.png

Onto my desk ! Here is where the actual writing starts . Brainstorming gets put onto paper with the help of some Port (or sometimes Sherry) . I usually write on the back of printouts that would otherwise have been thrown away . I do have a red notebook I keep also for such occasions when I'm away from home and get a great idea . I save ideas for later on and make chapters based around those . I don't actually plan much ahead . Many people say how it must take a lot of time to plan ahead for Timelines but actually I only do that rarely . Usually I know how a season , or an arc will end but every 2-3 days everything is made from scratch and we do our best to deliver ^^ .

balthasar.png

And lastly on our journey , meet Balthasar -- our desktop . Typing takes up a good amount of time and that's where I do most of it . Sometimes when I'm away from home , I use my laptop but usually the computer is the last stage of any chapter . (If you're wondering where Melchior and Caspar are , they're back in California) And that's about it ! Hope you guys enjoyed my behind the scenes special and look forward to a chapter tomorrow ! And don't forget to drop a line and tell us what you think of the Timelines 'studio' XD haha . Oh and sorry for the picture quality on some of the images - most of them were taken at night XD . I took the desk one the other day when the sun was still shining !

that screensaver (or background, whatever :p ) reminds me of the eye of Sauron in LotR...

canon is truely evil! :eek:

:p

Nice. Loved the port and writings pic with the crucifix... :cool: It looked really 'professional'... :D

Murmurandus said:
Nice. Loved the port and writings pic with the crucifix... :cool: It looked really 'professional'... :D

ROFL THAT FLIPPING PICTURE!!

It needs to be in a catalogue or something ROFL

Avernite said:
canon is truely evil! :eek:

:p

Ofcourse he's evil! Why else would I be here? :p

Nice clock btw

canonized said:
Brainstorming gets put onto paper with the help of some Port (or sometimes Sherry) .

You see, I cannot do that. If being sobber while updating (brainstorming? that's for pussies!!!) has the usual effect -eccleticism, so to speak-, just imagine me writting with some alcohol running in my veins... :D

Oddily enough I take some notes, some kind of brainstorming actually. Then I sit in fron of the PC and send them to hell. It's funnier to start over again. Writting notes doesn't work for my stories, even if it seems odd.

Avernite: ROFL that's because it is the Eye . My desktop right now actually looks like this: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/canonized/desktop.png

Murmy: It's my favourite XD

English Patriot: ROFL a catalogue for what ?!

Grubnessul: thanks XD helps me think that clock does and even lulls me to sleep with its heavy ticking haha .

Kurt_Steiner: ROFL send your notes to Hell . you never cease to be clever , my friend XD

Ah, Hott Fuzz...loved that movie. Only one picture came through on the proxy server, so I'll have to check out the rest from home. But the one that came through was nice...nice crucifix.

Yea, Hot Fuzz was a briljant movie, really need to see it again.

Nice place you got there! Looks comfy.
All you really need in the world is a Crucifix, a Computer, a Clock, a Couch, and good literature.

Last edited:
You forgot the couch :p

grayghost: thanks XD and yes , it was a great movie . watched it thrice .

Grubnessul: Had everything right about it and totally unexpected parts too XD

Throne: Thank you XD . I also have some earl gray from time to time in the afternoons .

Grubnessul: Haha , the couch works wonders too , yes . XD

comagoosie said:
whoa, nice place! :eek:

I wonder how many hours where clocked trying to clean up the place :D

Thanks XD haha . Cleaning is pretty routine . It doesn't get too dirty in here .

Hot Fuzz = God of Comedy Movies.