• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was totaly and utterly confused... Little China is to long ago >.<

Grubnessul said:

ROFL a while back yeah , caught you off guard eh ? XD crusaderknight is nice enough to comment on things as we go along XD . I enjoy it !

Grubnessul said:

ROFL You started to confuse me

English Patriot said:
ROFL You started to confuse me

ROFL you and me both XD . Grubby has that affect on people sometimes ! Though honestly I'm really glad people are commenting on previous chapters so please don't stop !

That reminds me of Dante.

Those who enter, leave here your hopes... :rofl:

Confused? Now?

I got confused in the first post!

Newbies...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kurt_Steiner said:
That reminds me of Dante.

Those who enter, leave here your hopes... :rofl:

Confused? Now?

I got confused in the first post!

Newbies...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ROFL Never abandon hope ! you're all knowing things a little bit at the time ! XD

FELLOWLOGO.gif

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen , it is once more time that the Tempus Society has come to a consensus to extend honours and recognition to another writAAR who has come to be not only a great source of excellent reading but also a close friend . Today , we would like to announce the very first comedic entry into our fellowship and today we honour his craziness , Kurt_Steiner and the AAR that has won him this nomination: Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds (as well as its Spanish counterpart) .

Kurt_Steiner has adapted a vision of the world where his native Catalonia has come to prominence in the Iberian Peninsula but has done so with the finesse and wit of comedic genius that is unique to his ecclectic and insane style . Perhaps it is vogue nowadays to call much comedy that , but we at Tempus do truly believe that Kurt has done so with his own twist that is hard to find anywhere else . More than that , he has made alternate history a platform for an unlikely vocation -- humour .

Kurt himself is a personality one cannot miss whether you are in the English AARland or the Spanish one . He has helped Tempus along with his handler Capibara in organizing the Spanish section of Instrumentality and filling it with articles which is coming to be a great success . He is always encouraging and loving in the community and he is one of the most active AAR WritAARs out there . Kurt_Steiner is also a man of integrity and friendship . He befriends you regardless of your status and demeanor and only presents himself in the most humble and self-deprecating manner . For his humility and talent today we speak of his person for him . Unwilling to aggrandize himself , we at Tempus felt that it was time to share with the community our esteem and appreciation for him . And as for me personally as his sponsor : Kurt , I would like to say that you have been an excellent and great friend on the forum . You have shown what it means to be helpful and kind and always encouraging . You are a fan and writer that has never given anything but either amusement or joy to those you count lucky enough to be friends (which is almost anyone you meet) . And , naturally , your AAR is one of the most enjoyable to read . Thank you Kurt , and welcome to the club !

Congratulations Kurt!!

Infinitely deserved!

Oh... I'm really speechless, dunno what to say...

Ok, I'll help... Where's da money of da prize?

Peti.... That's my loyal...

Ok, a pizza would do the trick...

and imaginary dog...

What do you mean by that? That I don't exist? Should I bit your balls?

He exists, trust me, he exists...

300px-Sprocket.jpg

Peti, being two minutes old. Now it's bigger and furriest. Its nose has the same size, though​

Actually, I'm the only one who exists, as Kurty is my imaginary human pet, but, anyway...

Well... I must say that this undeserved honour cames to me as a big surprise.

He means that he can only but congratulate those who have the good taste of giving him such honour. I, just a humble farting dog, can only ask... no one else? Gosh... the world is running out of hope... Now I see why... Because, in fact, you want ME in the Tempus Society! Oh, thanks, but I'm ...

Peti... shut up... Well, once I was just a crazy Catalan writAAR trying to have some fun. Now that I'm a member of the Tempus Society... I promise I'm going to be formal, common sensical and have a good taste in my AARs...

Don't worry, he's lying. Or even if he tries, he won't be able. He's too... he's too himself.... while he goes on and one, I'll provide you a simultaneous translation, don't worry.

... ok, ok, forget it. I'll be the usual fool, so don't panic... I must confess that I'm unable to be serious, even if I try. It's not that I'm insane...

He is...

...but my vision of the world is too serious to try to put it into work...

That is, he has no idea he's talking about.

...so, I told in my interview when I was Canonized, I was so influenced by people like Monty Phyton...

Blame it on other people, yes...

...that I'm afraid I'm beyond any hope.

Horror! We agree on this, Kurty! The world is coming to an end! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

About my help with the Spanish section of Instrumentality, it's just a way to subvert the established orden to, all in all, Catalanize the whole world, as I'm a catalanonist...

Catalonanism: An illness suffered by those curious people that live in that little corner of the world called Catalonia. They have a grandeur delirium, so to speak. Like the French ones, but worse, because those speak in Catalan and have more good taste.

...so, in short, her Gracious Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II will be eating paella instead of fish and chips and drinking malvasia insted of tea.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You see, I told you...

I must say that Canonized has been to good when he was talking about me, although he forgot to tell how irrestisistble I am for the ladies. It's the problem of being so sexy, I'm afraid -Eat this, Antonio Banderas!-. Perhaps I'm as good as he says, but it's just my way of being, so, no need to add further

Kurty being humble! Cardinal Petrus, we need an exorcism right now! A devil is on Kurty's shorts!

So, in short, I can only but thank my good friend Canonized and my good Spamiard and Internation readers for their kindness. I do not deserve this honor, but I accept it.

Ok, ok... and the money?

Last edited:
Hmm so the confused confuses people? Neat

And having been briefly confused by the bizarre imaginary dog pictures, I have now managed to read the latest update...

And a most interesting update it was! The background story on Jose put me in mind of "One Hundred Years of Solitude" or something of that ilk- definitely a hint of magical realism going on, though the actual Aztec magic itself was fairly chilling...

As for the modern section, well I do hope Tom isn't dead, but after all he's been through I almost feel as if he deserves the rest!

Kurt_Steiner: ROFL you're such a crazy guy , Kurt . Glad to have you join us !

Grubnessul: ROFL you've successfully pointed out the paradox !

DerKaiser: Ahh yes , the Magical Realism how appropriate for a Latin American setting ! Thank you for pointing that out XD . It's been forever since I've read any Allende though I would count watching all those Guillermo films like The Devil's Backbone . Thank you for your comment :D

I've a reputation to keep low, Cannonized ;)

Grubnessul said:
I've a reputation to keep low, Cannonized ;)

ROFL . I'll try to remember that XD . Glad to have you back , though !

Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to announce that

INSTRUMENTALITY Issue #5 March 2008 is now published !

We've got some great articles this month including:

A wonderful look into the Heroic Journey by Atlantic Friend
Tips for a themed AAR by jeffg006
Some great musings on subtlety by Mettermrck

Our great Spanish section which includes:
A Spanish article by Capibara
An English article by Kurt_Steiner about what "The Spamiards" are writing XD
A Spanish article by Kurt_Steiner about the English CK AARs

We also have an amazing song by grayghost set to AC/DC's TNT about the RAF
General_BT's treatise on Military development
An examination of the cost of War in HOI2 by Avernite
And my interview with Hajji Giray I !

Go check it out and please comment in the Discussion Thread !

Last edited:
canonized said:
Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to announce that

INSTRUMENTALITY Issue #5 March 2008 is now published !

We've got some great articles this month including:

A wonderful look into the Heroic Journey by Atlantic Friend
Tips for a themed AAR by jeffg006
Some great musings on subtlety by Mettermrck

Our great Spanish section which includes:
A Spanish article by Capibara
An English article by Kurt_Steiner about what "The Spamiards" are writing XD
A Spanish article by Kurt_Steiner about the English CK AARs

We also have an amazing song by grayghost set to AC/DC's TNT about the RAF
General_BT's treatise on Military development
An examination of the cost of War in HOI2 by Myth
And my interview with Hajji Giray I !

Go check it out and please comment in the Discussion Thread !

Nice issue!

Alright folks . Time to let you all in on what's happening this week !

Look out for another Induction to Tempus this week !

We'll have another update either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on if VILenin will be making another appearance for another chapter of the bonuses :D

We'll be announcing who will be our next interviewee during the week

Another chapter probably this Friday or Saturday then interview on Sunday

I also feel like giving you a guys a bonus sometime so look out for that :D !

Lotus-6 said:
Nice issue!

Of course it's nice! I'm writting there!

Ok, Kurty, then the sentence should be

It's a nice issue, even if you wrote an article there.
:D

It's quite odd to write an article about such a topic, instead of a comment. I tried to do it in the formal way I was taught in the university but, in the end, I mess it all, I guess...

What a surprise... Kurt messing something? :D